Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2002 10:11:05 AM EDT
Ok I would like some help. I just traded for an upper of unknown manufacture. It has A1 sights and flash suppressor, round forward assist, and case deflector. Under the front sight is the letter M and under the rear sight is D and K. The barrel is unmarked except for a "12" on the bottom between the front sight and flash suppressor. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I too was searching for this info...thanks for the post rebel_rifle!
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info Rebel_Rifle. I now if the DK is for Diemaco/Kaiser or Bushmaster? I would guess Diemaco/Kaiser because the barrel is not marked. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#4]
FWIW - never in my career have I ever seen a Diemaco upper marked DK - they have all been D marked - this goes for both the C7/C8 fixed handle uppers as well as the C7A1 flatops.

I believe the barrel you have is a Colt 1:12

-Kevin
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm..you're post was 11/9 @ 14:11:05
mine was 11/9 @ 14:59:39 [:\]
ar15.com forum
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I agree with 19SFGRPLT.I bought mine advertised as a Bushmaster, but with no barrel markings, I am thinking it is Diemaco/Kaiser. My bushy M4 upper has the front sight held using taper pins, this DK upper uses roll pins for the front sight.
-edit: and a -plastic- delta ring!
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Kaiser is the forge - they don't produce finished uppers, just raw forgings.

Diemaco would normally be the finish machiner.

Lots of "DK" marked uppers out there, so no guarantee you've got a factory Diemaco upper, either.

All bushmaster factory uppers have "B MP 5.56" or some such on the barrels.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Circuits,
I understand the forge idea but...

I know our are Diemaco :)

I will get a shot of the upper on the other side with its raised D kinda like a "I>" and a pic of the CH marking same D.  
All the uppers I have seen since we have gotten the C7 type rifles only have the D - no DK.
Al the Diemaco bbls are D MP 1:7 plus the individual bbl has a serial number stamped into it as well (don't ask me why, we dont use it- maybe its a factory control thing.)

Are you insinuating that the "DK" are something liek the "FN"
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
 The difference is the machining and finishing that each manufacturer does on the forging that matters.  And there is NO way to know who made an upper unless they mark it, and no one does that consistantly.

-Troy

the "finishing" is not very clean,not as smoothed out as my Bushy is.I was going to work it over,but I'll wait and bring it to dinner. It'll be good for a laugh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top