Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2012 7:08:06 AM EDT
I am trying to finish off my PSA AR-15 Build and all I need is a BCG and Charging Hangle.  This is my first build and Ive noticed BCG's are hard to find at a good price at the moment.  As far as charging handles is it worth spending the $20 extra bucks to get the Gunfighter Charging handle I seem to read so much about.  

This started as a budget build but has ended up fairly decent.  I have spent $580 so far and I have a complete PSA Lower, 2 PMAG's, PSA Upper with MBUS and Vortex Strikefire Red Dot.  I also added a Magpul Grip and Handguard.

Suggestions on currently availiable BCGs and charging handles would be greatly appreciated.

I do have the Dixie Gun Show coming up in early October I could try and pick something up.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I lot of folks like the BCM/Vltor Gunfighter charging handles. I've got them on all my ARs and I understand why they garner so much attention because they work really well.

As for a BCG, people may have preferences for what ever reason, as long as the bolt is MPI and HPT, it's good to go. Realistically, beggars can't be choosers right now because BCGS, along with many key AR components, can be difficult to come by. I've got DD, Spike's, Colt and BCM BCGs and I'm comfortable staking my life on any of them.

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#2]
My advice is a BCM  BCG and a mod 4 gunfighter CH.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

this
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 7:21:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Thankgs gents!  Ive been debating on waiting to see if PSA gets them back in stock for a reasonable price or I may just pull the trigger on another company.  I think I am going to pick up the Mod 4 Medium Gunfighter if I can find a decent price.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 7:32:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Bravocompany.com has a BCM BCG in stock right meow
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I currently have PSA, DD, Larue, Spikes, LMT, Colt, FN, and Armalite carriers in my builds. So far they all work just fine. I would get on the waiting list for a Spikes from AIM Surplus and an LMT from DSG Arms. Whichever came in stock first I would buy. I like the PSA's but they went up in cost.

I really like the Gunfighter charging handles, I think I've got 4 or 5. The PRI gas busters are also nice, but I suggest getting the version with the newer combat latch.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Of what you can actually get right now, this is your best bet.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Phase 5 Tactical charging handle

http://www.phase5tactical.com/products/ar15-m16/ablcha-ambi-batlle-latch-charging-handle-assembly-
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#11]
http://www.phase5tactical.com/products/ar15-m16/ablcha-ambi-batlle-latch-charging-handle-assembly-
Quoted:

Your link is now live!
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have this exact set up in 5 different rifles.

+1
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm a big fan of the young manufacturing chrome BCG. Makes cleanup stupid easy.

I'd do BCM, spikes, LMT, or palmetto for that matter. They are all hard to come by cheap right now
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I was a big fan of the BCM Gunfighter until I got my hands on a Rainier Arms Raptor. Those things are nice. A bit pricey, but nice nonetheless.

as for bcg's go, I will stick to my hand poliched chrome LaRue's.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your link is now live!

oops didnt notice... thanks!

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks like some good suggestions above. I have a semi auto Smith&Wesson BCG in one of my ARs and a Spike's M16 BCG in my other. No problems at all with either but I prefer the Spike's.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Bcm bcg and bcm gunfighter mod 4 here and love them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Just curious if the BCM BCG and Gunfighter CH ever go on sale?  Right now I'm. Looking at $213 shipped for both.  Who,knows when PSA will have BCGs back in Stock.
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't think I'll ever use another charging handle. Love em.
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#20]
PK firearms has bolts in stock.
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

end thread. Solid advice here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

end thread. Solid advice here.

I got the BCM Mod 4 after reading all the good reviews on here. As soon as I took it out of the package I could tell it was something special. Never thought I'd feel so strongly about a charging handle.
Really, get one and never look back.

Link Posted: 9/21/2012 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I understand some folks really like certain parts.  What is technically wrong with say a PRI Gasbuster charging handle and a Youngs NM Chrome M16 carrier?
While the Vltor/BCM charging handles may have a slightly stronger latch pivot, they don"t redirect the DI gases.  I guess my shit is old, but it works well, even one-handed..
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Lol "hand polished" chrome?

Link Posted: 9/21/2012 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I understand some folks really like certain parts. What is technically wrong with say a PRI Gasbuster charging handle and a Youngs NM Chrome M16 carrier?

While the Vltor/BCM charging handles may have a slightly stronger latch pivot, they don"t redirect the DI gases. I guess my shit is old, but it works well, even one-handed..
The PRI big latch is slippery when it has CLP on it. When pulled it angles to the rear and its easy to slip off of. The newer model with the combat latch seems like it would fix the problem but I haven't bought one of those yet.

Link Posted: 9/21/2012 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol "hand polished" chrome?

You got it wrong.  He said 'hand poliched'.

Nothing beats a well poliched bcg.  You should try it yourself ... you would not be lol.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2012 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#27]
get a RRA bcg and rainer arms raptor ch thats what i run and its the tits.
Link Posted: 9/22/2012 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#28]
the newer gunfighter with the lip at the back really helps with gasses, i was shooting suppressed with mine for the first time the other day since i got the newer one. it lets alot less out in your face however i had black rounds in the mag when i looked at it. it must dump it all out the magwell now.

my vote for op is g/f mod 4, bcm, spikes, psa, young, colt, etc. bcg or whatever else you can stumble across thats of decent lineage and snatch it up.
Link Posted: 9/22/2012 5:44:46 AM EDT
[#29]
The Bolt Carriers are hand-polished hard-chrome with max-staked carrier keys, with Texas-Spec Bolt assemblies

Per LT's website!

Edit: oops, typo! My brain shuts off after work!
Link Posted: 9/22/2012 6:03:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'll second that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2012 7:06:33 AM EDT
[#31]
BCM
DD
LMT
Rainer Arms

Any of the BCG's above-I also send my BCG's out for the Ion Bond coating
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top