Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2012 4:08:00 PM EDT
My second Black Gun purchase,I went with a colt first and obviously have no problems and will have that gun until I die. For my second AR15 a couple weeks ago I went with a small Florida gun company Core15. I got the basic M4 model and couldn't be happier. I just wanted to help support a small business that I believed had a great product. I had stopped by their plant coming back from Florida a few months back and was very impressed with their team.I had done alot of research on these rifles and read alot of reviews because i had not heard of them until about a year ago but everything i had heard was great. For the price I think it is hard to match up what core has to offer. I payed $749 out the door.

http://www.core15.com/products/complete-rifles/m4-rifle.html

Everything seemed well put together and i was very happy with the price it got it for too.The fit and finish is flawless and think they should get some looks for entry level shooters that are looking for a great plinker. Everything was properly staked and had  no play. I had no problems with the trigger pull and the chrome lined barrel is flawless. I brought out 3 different 30 round mags (Canadian thermold, GI mags, and Pmags)  and 4 different brands of some of the cheapest ammo i could find. I wanted to see if it would give me any problems I was very happy to find that there was no combination of ammo and magazines that could make my gun have any kind of failure. I burned though over 400 rounds and couldn't be happier with how the gun performed. Not a single hiccup and held its own out there at the range. Many guys at the range were impressed and were itching to try and shoot it.

I know Law Enforcement Officials use these in the area so they have a reputation outside of the casual shooter, many people count on these as their first line of protection. I would have no problems depending on this firearm, but I can't lie I will always grab the colt first.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase and will have to upload a few range pictures on my next trip out now that it is scoped. I was holding 2 inch groups with a cheap flip up rear sight at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My second Black Gun purchase,I went with a colt first and obviously have no problems and will have that gun until I die. For my second AR15 a couple weeks ago I went with a small Florida gun company Core15. I got the basic M4 model and couldn't be happier. I just wanted to help support a small business that I believed had a great product. I had stopped by their plant coming back from Florida a few months back and was very impressed with their team.I had done alot of research on these rifles and read alot of reviews because i had not heard of them until about a year ago but everything i had heard was great. For the price I think it is hard to match up what core has to offer. I payed $749 out the door.

http://www.core15.com/products/complete-rifles/m4-rifle.html

Everything seemed well put together and i was very happy with the price it got it for too.The fit and finish is flawless and think they should get some looks for entry level shooters that are looking for a great plinker. Everything was properly staked and had  no play. I had no problems with the trigger pull and the chrome lined barrel is flawless. I brought out 3 different 30 round mags (Canadian thermold, GI mags, and Pmags)  and 4 different brands of some of the cheapest ammo i could find. I wanted to see if it would give me any problems I was very happy to find that there was no combination of ammo and magazines that could make my gun have any kind of failure. I burned though over 400 rounds and couldn't be happier with how the gun performed. Not a single hiccup and held its own out there at the range. Many guys at the range were impressed and were itching to try and shoot it.

I know Law Enforcement Officials use these in the area so they have a reputation outside of the casual shooter, many people count on these as their first line of protection. I would have no problems depending on this firearm, but I can't lie I will always grab the colt first.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase and
will have to upload a few range pictures on my next trip out now that it is scoped. I was holding 2 inch groups with a cheap flip up rear sight at 100 yards.

jk...welcome to the site. Thanks for the report.

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya, I feel you on that one. It was the last thing on my mind as I was leaving for the range. I'm sure you know how that gets when a new gun is sitting in the closet until the weekend.Just figured I would get the initial report out as there does not seem to be many first hand reviews with these guns.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like an infomercial to me..
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyone on a forum is selling their opinion... I appreciate yours
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Everyone on a forum is selling their opinion... I appreciate yours

Not everyone registered this month and has a grand total of three posts
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not new to firearms, you gotta start somewhere on a forum? This is a forum where thousands of people come to learn about firearms and to make an educated decision on a gun, solid advice is key, not the number of posts a person has.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm not new to firearms, you gotta start somewhere on a forum? This is a forum where thousands of people come to learn about firearms and to make an educated decision on a gun, solid advice is key, not the number of posts a person has.

Time on the board, and a history of posts that don't sound like an infomercial, are key to becoming viewed as a trusted contributor.

+1
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#8]
So why is this guy getting so much grief for liking his Core15?  They make good stuff, and they're a site sponsor.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I totally agree, but nothing in my post was uninformed, it was simply a first range report on a gun that does not have much info out there on it yet
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad you like the new purchase and welcome aboard..While I don't personally own a Core15 rifle, they are somewhat local to me and I've seen quite a few at the range and at matches..Never witnessed any issues with the ones I seen being shot. For the price, it's worth a look for a person on a budget..

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I totally agree, but nothing in my post was uninformed, it was simply a first range report on a gun that does not have much info out there on it yet

I respect your report.

Everything I have read makes Core 15 sound awesome.

I love their slogan.....Mil-Spec is just a starting point. Love how they make lots of things in house and don't just out source.

My next barrel will be from Core 15.

Post count means nothing IMO, thanks for the review.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#12]
i love mine. no failures and just a damn sweet rifle to own. the dang thing will eat what ever ammo i put through it and shoots great.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I respect your report.

I love their slogan.....Mil-Spec is just a starting point. Love how they make lots of things in house and don't just out source.

I'm not sure what to make of that slogan, to be honest. Let's see... 1:9 twist 4140 possibly .223 barrel on their standard M4? Not sure how that makes them any closer to mil-spec than any of the dozens of other commercial-spec rifle makers out there.

I'm not saying they're good, bad or indifferent - but when I read the quick specs of the Core15 my FFL had in stock, I shrugged and wondered how they were any different from a Bushmaster, Windham or Del-ton rifle.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#14]
We have been selling their rifles like hot cakes.  I think they are a great beyond beginner rifle.  I customers buy them, shoot them, and never have any complaints.  Let the Good Times Roll.

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#15]

I'm not sure what to make of that slogan, to be honest. Let's see... 1:9 twist 4140 possibly .223 barrel on their standard M4? Not sure how that makes them any closer to mil-spec than any of the dozens of other commercial-spec rifle makers out there.

16” 4140 Chrome Moly M4 Profile Chrome Lined Barrel 1:7 Twist, M4 feed ramps, dual heat shields.

It offers some above basic rifle attributes for the price range.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I have owned a core15 upper and I had no complaints what-so-ever..I actually had a issue with the rail shooting loose so I sent it back and got a new rail and a new upper receiver (which they didn't have to do)  in 8 business days..Tom and Justin stand behind the warranty and it's really no questions asked..i guess what I'm trying to say is that what sets them apart from other mid level manufactures is that your getting great service when u need it...just me 2 cents

Edit: I also forgot to add they sent me 2 Pmags and a Tshirt for the inconvenience...yep they are g2g in my book
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I respect your report.

I'm not saying they're good, bad or indifferent - but when I read the quick specs of the Core15 my FFL had in stock, I shrugged and wondered how they were any different from a Bushmaster, Windham or Del-ton rifle.

More to do with tolerances.

Mil Spec allows .010, Core 15 only allows .003 or at least that's what they say.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sounds like an infomercial to me..

What I was thinking.  The CL barrel was flawless....well how would you know and I should hope so.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm not new to firearms, you gotta start somewhere on a forum? This is a forum where thousands of potential customers people come to learn about firearms and to make an educated decision on a gun, solid advice is key, not the number of posts a person has.

AR15.com is good place to advertise towards gun buyers. It's like having a Baskin Robbins promotion in front of Lane Bryant.  You just have to know your customer ba$e.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#20]
 So why is this guy getting so much grief for liking his Core15?  

Good question!  
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Good question!  

I'm not giving him a hard time about his rifle - I'm always happy when we add another AR owner to the population, whether that person buys a DPMS, Colt or Noveske or anything else.

I am questioning what makes a Core 15 "beyond" milspec, when the website lists a 1:9 twist, 4140 chrome moly .223/5.56 barrel which seems to me to be the same flavor (or worse given the possible .223 chambering) that we see from every other standard commercial grade vendor.

Now, I appreciate the feedback from the one user who said that Core15 did right by him on customer service - that alone puts them above many manufacturers whose feedback has been less than stellar - but nothing has been reported that indicates to me that the "beyond mil-spec" claim has any merit.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#22]
are they not a contirbutor to this site? why dont you focus your questions of there quality directly at them vs the op?
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good question!  

I'm not giving him a hard time about his rifle - I'm always happy when we add another AR owner to the population, whether that person buys a DPMS, Colt or Noveske or anything else.

I am questioning what makes a Core 15 "beyond" milspec, when the website lists a 1:9 twist, 4140 chrome moly .223/5.56 barrel which seems to me to be the same flavor (or worse given the possible .223 chambering) that we see from every other standard commercial grade vendor.

Now, I appreciate the feedback from the one user who said that Core15 did right by him on customer service - that alone puts them above many manufacturers whose feedback has been less than stellar - but nothing has been reported that indicates to me that the "beyond mil-spec" claim has any merit.

Yah their slogan is "where mil-spec is just a starting point" and the rifle u are referring to could be the starting point..i can tell you that their SS barrels are from Black Hole Weaponry which have good reviews ... i don't know where the 4140 barrels are from but i don't even think they are making that exact rifle anymore because their new 4140 is 1 in 7 twist. I assume they keep it up their because buds bought a ton of them to sell..again these are just observations  

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
are they not a contirbutor to this site? why dont you focus your questions of there quality directly at them vs the op?

Because the claim was made in this thread. What did you expect me to do, take that post and go post it in the Core15 Industry section? Come on.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good question!  

Yah their slogan is "where mil-spec is just a starting point" and the rifle u are referring to could be the starting point..i can tell you that their SS barrels are from Black Hole Weaponry which have good reviews ... i don't know where the 4140 barrels are from but i don't even think they are making that exact rifle anymore because their new 4140 is 1 in 7 twist. I assume they keep it up their because buds bought a ton of them to sell..again these are just observations  

Fair enough. I'll reserve judgment until I actually have some experience with one before I'm prepared to have a real viewpoint on it. For what it's worth, I hope the hype is warranted. We could all use one more PSA rather than one more [insert the mediocre manufacturer of your choice].

I will say it would have made it easier to buy the excitement if they would have started with Spikes/PSA type specs rather than the typical commercial-grade specifications.

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So why is this guy getting so much grief for liking his Core15?  They make good stuff, and they're a site sponsor.

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Congrats on your rifle and welcome to the forum.

I have one of their charging handles and like it a lot.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:17:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the Core15 range review and welcome...I'm new here too. Core15 is only 1.5 hrs from me and I've stopped into their gun shop a few times and looked at a Core15. They seemed nice but for me not knowing anything much about AR15's and never hearing of Core15 before, not being able to find hardly any customer reviews on the internet and talking with a few people they know about AR15'si opted to buy a different brand. I do truly hope the Core15 is a great riffle and add's another solid buying choice because my 1 and only AR15 I currently have will not be my last 1 I ever purchase.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:18:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks for the Core15 range review and welcome...I'm new here too. Core15 is only 1.5 hrs from me and I've stopped into their gun shop a few times and looked at a Core15. They seemed nice but for me not knowing anything much about AR15's and never hearing of Core15 before, not being able to find hardly any customer reviews on the internet and talking with a few people they know about AR15'si opted to buy a different brand. I do truly hope the Core15 is a great riffle and add's another solid buying choice because my 1 and only AR15 I currently have will not be my last 1 I ever purchase.

Guys, just go to their web site and watch some videos of the guns in action. Actions speak louder than words.

I wouldn't have a problem buying anything from them, in fact they are the next brand I am buying.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top