Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/27/2012 8:32:48 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has used an Anderson manufacturing lower? If so hows the quality? I tried searching them here on the forum but came up blank.
Link Posted: 5/27/2012 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea I have one, they are made here in Northern Kentucky. They seem to be top quailty, an up and coming company thats trying to break in to a full line production from what I here. The coating they use is excellent, looks like all the rest as far as the color but they claim it requires no lubrication. There has been a couple good write ups on them in the gun magzines.
Link Posted: 5/27/2012 9:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I have built a few now on their lower's.  A friend of mine from work has his FFL and I got a couple relatively cheap.  They are right on par with many others that I have built with.  My favorite build up until this one was a RRA.  I think for the money,  they can't be beaten.  

Joe
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 3:39:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Anderson is a bunch of shills. Would post the links but I'm currently on my phone.

I don't buy products from shills.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 5:28:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I know nothing of the company but I got 2 upper/lower receiver sets last week. They appear to be very good quality and the price was right on them. I'll post some pictures of them later today.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 5:52:28 AM EDT
[#5]
A gun shop within driving distance from me that I usually avoid like the plague (it has a less than stellar reputation and miserable employees) has them on sale for $80. I have not seen them but have been told about them from others. I cannot find any definitive information about them on line either but the styliized horse head logo leaves me cold. That said, if I could get any good unbiased reports about them I might try one. The post about "shills" has me concerned but the post above from RCC1 is helpful and I am looking forwrad to the pictures (and some prices perhaps) from him....<><....:)
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anderson is a bunch of shills. Would post the links but I'm currently on my phone.

Second time I have read this in two days.  Details on this "shill" company and it's products.

The other thread was about the upper not matching up perfectly with the lower.

ETA:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/574786_.html
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 6:19:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Second time I have read this in two days.  Details on this "shill" company and it's products.

The other thread was about the upper not matching up perfectly with the lower.

ETA:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/574786_.html

There are about 3 other instances of this but this is what I can easily pull up while on my phone at work

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/520530_Anderson_Manufacturing.html
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 6:36:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I've done two guns with Anderson lowers and someone else's uppers with no trouble.  One was a 5.56 and the other was a 300 BLK.  Both have a good finish that matches the uppers as well as mix-match does.  The bonus was that they were $90 out the door at the local shop –– less than anything else.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#9]
It would be unfair for me to post the price I paid for mine as I have a good friend that owns a gunshop so I get parts at cost. I think retail on billet upper/lower receivers is $275 if I remember correctly.

Here are some pictures of the 2 sets I got. Fit and finish are good as well as a perfect fit between the uppers and lowers, fit was also checked between numerous uppers I have in my shop. You can see the machine marks in some of the pictures, I for one think it gives them some character and I like things to be unique.

Like I posted earlier I know nothing about the company or their business practices, I will be building on these receivers in a few weeks and will report back with any issues.

I would also like to note that neither my receivers nor any of the other sets at the local gun shop have any roll marks.

Heres the pictures-

Link Posted: 5/28/2012 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the pictures....<><....:)
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell Hebron KY is just down the road from me in cincy, I might have to go check them out. I just want thezombie lower from them. I wrote them an email last night about the zombie lower and they said I might be able to get one in the fall. I don't plan on waiting that long though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top