Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2012 2:42:19 PM EDT
There's a 6920 sitting in the case at my local wally world.....$1067 before tax.  I'm currently AR-less due to divorce and such and I wanted to build but NOBODY has squat in stock, making that Colt look tempting.

How's the price? Fit was good.

Is it just wrong to by from WW? I generally only go there for car oil and such...hate the place.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
There's a 6920 sitting in the case at my local wally world.....$1067 before tax.  I'm currently AR-less due to divorce and such and I wanted to build but NOBODY has squat in stock, making that Colt look tempting.

Is it just wrong to by from WW? I generally only go there for car oil and such...hate the place.

Fantastic price; surprised no one has jumped on it, especially for prices of Colt and other rifles such as Daniel Defense or BCM going up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish my Walmart had them. At that price I'd buy two. Really, I would.

Look at all the major dealers - not many of them have stock on the Colts right now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats a good price for that gun. However, you can build a great rifle for a couple hundred cheaper by buying a rifle kit from PSA and then picking up a lower of your choice. Which leaves lots more money for mags, ammo, etc.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thats a good price for that gun. However, you can build a great rifle for a couple hundred cheaper by buying a rifle kit from PSA and then picking up a lower of your choice. Which leaves lots more money for mags, ammo, etc.

while I love my PSA.

If I was to purchase a complete rifle and not build one, this would be my choice.

However, building one is easy (lower anyways) and I'd rather get what I wanted from the start than change stuff after buying a complete rifle.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well it's WW and 1067
Or the LGS for 1250 (guessing)

Pick yer poison.

Edit:
DSG 6920
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Not a fan of WW but if I were you I'd be posting pics of my new Colt. Now go buy that thing!
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, this is where I.m stuck. I like to build ARs, and I know I could build it just right for around this price w/mega, moe, etc. But all the good parts are unavailable and I could have this tonight

Every damn barrel or lower/upper I want is unavailable
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]
If i was in your shoes i'd go buy that Colt before someone else does.
You can always build one later when the parts become more available for what you want to build.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah, this is where I.m stuck. I like to build ARs, and I know I could build it just right for around this price w/mega, moe, etc. But all the good parts are unavailable and I could have this tonight

Every damn barrel or lower/upper I want is unavailable

Go see the fat chick at Wally World and she'll fix you up with a Colt.

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#10]
The Colts from WW are less quality than Colts from other sources

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

And the 6920 is $1097.00 at Wal-Marts around these parts.  So you are getting a smidgen better.  Buy it!!!

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Great price and readily available, where is the problem?

I should add that parts and rifle availability will get even worse as we get closer to the election and depending how it goes it could be bad for a while afterwards.  If you want a rifle you better snap it up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

herp

Edit that shit out. Last thing we need is for a newbie to stumble across your post and perpetuate that stupid myth.

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#14]
You are in AZ, that's cash and carry. Yeah, I would buy two for sure, money in the bank.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#15]

My new Colt LE6920, no LE restricted markings and with Colt-Rogers SuperStoc.

No Colt at my local Walmart but I snagged this lonely pony from my LGS when I happened to drop by last Saturday, it cost more than what you saw, mine was around $1097, but I don't see much of them around where I live.

This is my second 6920, I bought a SP6920 marked Sporter a year ago, it runs pretty good and all my current and former Colt ARs runs fine with my 41 years experience with them.

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I would much rather have a Colt than a PSA rifle. Better resale value and quality is more consistent.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Prove it
I'm no Colt fan boy but you need to back up a statement like that

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#18]
They are cheap because that model is an inexpensive one.  Even MSRP is just shy of $1200, so you would expect them to sell on the street for about $1K.  From what another guy stated in another thread, they are marked up 19.7%.  My go to dealers only mark their stuff up about 11%.  So Walmart is actually making a decent cut on the sales at the normally seen $1097 price.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prove it

Ahh I see everybody's sarcasm meters are broken today.  To all those who got their panties in a bunch relax and yea yea, this is a technical forum, far worse has happened in these threads.  

OP - excuse my humor. Great deal and the quality is just the same as anywhere else you buy a Colt.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#20]
If I were you I'd be looking for my keys and wallet...

Once you have the Colt, then start building the one you want.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Ummmm, just curious - what Walmart is this Colt at.

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prove it

its a joke, whether its meant to be or not, hence the funny emiticon.

although braving the WW crowds is a experience you won't get at a gun store, or a circus either

oops didn't see  above

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#23]
DO IT!
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#24]
So I drove all the way back.... and didnt buy it  It was 1096 plus tax, Just over twelve out the door. As I held it in my hand I started thinking about what it needed right away ( a sure sign of BRD) and got up to $1600 pretty quick.  I can build my perfecr AR for about $1400 from parts so I tore, and I do mean tore myself away from the counter.

Cottonwood Walmart if anyone is looking

Thanks Guys!
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Good GOD.  You guys have a 10% sales tax there? That is almost as much as communist shitcago.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I wish my Walmart had them. At that price I'd buy two. Really, I would.

Look at all the major dealers - not many of them have stock on the Colts right now.

That's a Great Buy!!

Get Some!!

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So I drove all the way back.... and didnt buy it  It was 1096 plus tax, Just over twelve out the door. As I held it in my hand I started thinking about what it needed right away ( a sure sign of BRD) and got up to $1600 pretty quick.  I can build my perfecr AR for about $1400 from parts so I tore, and I do mean tore myself away from the counter.

Cottonwood Walmart if anyone is looking

Thanks Guys!

Don't kid yourself. You'll be back there tomorrow after you toss and turn all night thinking about how you would have been able to shoot it, then still sell it at a profit (once election season starts in earnest) if you actually got tired of it.

Just saying.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Buy it NOW.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#29]
my local WW has 2 colts both 1097 + tax if i didnt just buy my spikes id prob pick one up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Buy it! Don't think about it! Just buy it!
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 12:56:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I wish I could find one here in NM at walmart! Lol
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 1:22:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Now that is a deal. Buy it. You can always buy the accessories later.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 6:25:16 AM EDT
[#33]
That's a good price, buy it!!!

To bad the WM's around here don't even sell guns anymore

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top