Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/11/2011 9:29:00 AM EDT
It gives me great pleasure to annouce the birth of my new Rock River Arms elite op 2 AR15.
Picked it up today in COMMUNIST MASSACHUSETTS, and other then being AWB compliant, its really nice.

more so, just wanted to post my experice with Class 3 Weapons in Texas. John (sales) was excellent to deal with.  His knowledge, price, and patience were all top knotch.
I am a noobie to AR's but not to guns. Had ALOT of questions and he answered everyone of them over several phone calls.
He was very knowledgable, and stocks quite a few Rock River models at prices better than anyone in the country for this weapon.
Hes gets a 2 "thumbs up".

Ill reserve judgement on the weapon until I fire it later tonight,

LETS PLAY
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics and range report, STAT!
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#2]
If I could figure out pics, id add them....
any help adding a pic?
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought an upper from him a few years ago. He happened to be in Dallas on business so he delivered it to me personally to save me a few bucks on shipping. Great service and a real good guy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If I could figure out pics, id add them....
any help adding a pic?

Upload them to an album on photbucket or a similar site, then either 1) copy and paste the "[img]" tag to the right of the pic or 2)copy the pic's url, when editing a post click the gray button below the text box 3rd from left, paste url in that box, done.
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#5]
no way to upload directly from computer?
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
no way to upload directly from computer?

Nope, the site doesn't host pics.
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered the same rifle back in early January.  How long did yours take to get built and shipped?  Also, how long is the actual quad rail portion of the free float hand guard (not the smooth portion)?  I ask because I'm wanting to mount a Harris bipod on the front along with a troy vertical front grip and didn't know how much space I had to work with.
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 5:20:00 AM EDT
[#9]
It was about 30-45 days if I ordered from factory.
but I found class 3 weapons in Texas and they had it in stock.
Took 3 days to deliver in hand. AND they were cheaper than anyone local.

Fired yesterday. What a piece.  A quick 100 flawless rounds.
I'll try and post more pics and a grouping shot.

Very satisfied so far.

I believe the front has 8 ".  I'll measure to confirm later.
have you seen the front handle that has a built in bipod?
Buddy had one yesterday.  A bipod pops out of the bottom of the handle.

Link Posted: 2/13/2011 5:32:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Congrats.  And welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#11]
John and his wife are good people. Great to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Congrats!  I do have a question, however... not being in a "ban" state, I kind of wonder, why would you get a rifle with an M4 stock if it has to be pinned?  Why not just get a standard fixed stock?  Is it for cosmetic reasons, or is there some other benefit I'm missing?
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I live 10 miles from Class 3 Weapons in Houston.  John and Carol are first class all the way.

Good deals and good people!  Congratulations on the RRA!
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Couple of reasons... its what was In
stock.  Second... if move to nh... (about 10 miles away) I can pop our the pin and its functional and legal.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top