Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2010 5:31:12 AM EDT
Has anyone heard anything about this AR manufacturer?
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 6:31:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 2:19:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Anderson is a New to the AR market, they make a ton of receivers and other parts for other OEMS. They are also the only company with the new RF-85 tech. I here this is about to become the new DOD Mil-Spec. Thier guns are some of the best on the market.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 3:07:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Im gonna go with another plum crazy post set up  2 threads on the same topic posted by people with 1-3 post counts with a reply with some one with 1 post count kinda makes you go HMMMMM
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 3:18:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry just new to this site ? if your wondering !
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 4:34:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anderson is a New to the AR market, they make a ton of receivers and other parts for other OEMS. They are also the only company with the new RF-85 tech. I here this is about to become the new DOD Mil-Spec. Thier guns are some of the best on the market.

Im not super impressed with their marketing strategy and I don't see how this technology of theirs can compete with Fail Zero's EXO coating...

And what exactly makes their rifles some of the "best" on the market? That is a pretty bold statement to make on a technical forum about a brand new company... care to back it up with some facts?  Not saying that to be confrontational, just would like to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Also where are you "hearing" that this will be the new DoD milspec?  Sources?
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 4:45:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im not super impressed with their marketing strategy and I don't see how this technology of theirs can compete with Fail Zero's EXO coating...

And what exactly makes their rifles some of the "best" on the market? That is a pretty bold statement to make on a technical forum about a brand new company... care to back it up with some facts?  Not saying that to be confrontational, just would like to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Also where are you "hearing" that this will be the new DoD milspec?  Sources?

Pretty much what I was thinking.  New to the market, almost nothing is known about them, yet they are one of the best?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 4:56:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What is your affiliation to the company?

Because people usually don't just join and jump in with "info" like you just posted.  "new DoD Mil-spec?"  "Some of the best on the market?"

A quick browse of the website shows some pretty highly priced guns that don't seem to have any better specs than any other hobby gun.  Yet another manufacturer trying to substitute a magical coating for quality parts.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 4:59:30 AM EDT
[#8]
It smells like Spam in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Best on the market  they run a 7" free float with a front sight mounted further back on the rail giving up around 2" of usable sight picture?? Really.

Best on the market with a big  honking railed gas block up front instead of something truly cutting edge like a pinned folding front sight.

What steel is used for the barrels?  What twist rate options offered?  What gas system configurations?  MPI tested?

These look like they are DPMS or Bushmaster optics ready offerings with a whiz-bang yet unproven coating.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 5:25:56 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=520011

9 posts down.  Same guy had post in another thread edited by Zurkov for advertising in tech.

All 2010 join dates.

This shit doesn't fly here, guys.  If you want to pimp your product become an Industry Partner or Dealer here and stop trying to pretend you are a third party singing the praises about a product you have no affiliation with.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=520011

9 posts down.  Same guy had post in another thread edited by Zurkov for advertising in tech.

All 2010 join dates.

This shit doesn't fly here, guys.  If you want to pimp your product become an Industry Partner or Dealer here and stop trying to pretend you are a third party singing the praises about a product you have no affiliation with.

And i'll raise you ANOTHER original thread about this posted just about the same time as this one.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=520746

Agreed.  If you guys want to promote your new product thats fine... the more options the merrier.... but keep in mind its not just the moderators on this site you have to watch out for... the members themselves will be holding your product and conduct up for review.

Become an industry partner/site sponsor.  Crap marketing and advertising under the guise of "new members with questions" just makes you look bad and turns the community against you before you even have the chance to sell a product.

If you guys are in fact new members then disregard all of that and continue to ask questions.  But all of this is reaaally turning me off from Anderson.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 5:45:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Let me do a favor for anyone else reading this thread.  No, no one has ever heard of Anderson MFG.  I have heard of BCM, though.  They are a site sponsor and an excellent company.  If you are thinking to yourself "Maybe I should try out one of these Anderson MFG guns.....," you should instead buy a proven product like BCM.  Or Colt.  Or KAC.  Or Daniel Defense.  Or any other company that has a repuation for quality and not for usining Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorne advertising tactics.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 5:47:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Never heard of them.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 6:13:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Minor update people..

Tsteff1968 is the user name... and on Anderson's  website there is this posted in the Contact Page.

Sales
·
Vice President of Sales: Tom Steffner
[email protected]

Anyone notice anything?  

Anderson Manufacturing has officially just lost all credibility in my eyes and I am now a vocal consumer against them.

ETA...

Also you call yourself a "Vice President of Sales"?  Seriously buddy you need to go back to marketing school... those online classes you took didn't do much for you.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 6:28:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Minor update people..

Tsteff1968 is the user name... and on Anderson's  website there is this posted in the Contact Page.

Sales
·
Vice President of Sales: Tom Steffner
[email protected]

Anyone notice anything?  

Anderson Manufacturing has officially just lost all credibility in my eyes and I am now a vocal consumer against them.

ETA...

Also you call yourself a "Vice President of Sales"?  Seriously buddy you need to go back to marketing school... those online classes you took didn't do much for you.

Busted.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 6:32:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Busted.

I sent an email to Mr. Anderson with a link to this thread... maybe he doesn't even know how his "Vice President of Sales" is actually promoting his products.

I figure the actual name behind the company should be CC'ed on this.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 7:00:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Laughable....

Just remember guys that even BAD press is better than NO press at all...  don't give these guys what they want.  Best thing would have been to delete this post in it's entirety and ban the offending douchers.

After reading this thread and seeing what everyone has posted I am not even gonna give the anderson site a visit.  Their loss not mine.  Seems like I have a select few companies that get my money anyway and it sure as hell wont be some elusive bunch of sneaky deceptive douchers.

PS.  Merry Christmas to all you guys that choose to celebrate it...and to those of you that don't as well
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Laughable....

Just remember guys that even BAD press is better than NO press at all...  don't give these guys what they want.  Best thing would have been to delete this post in it's entirety and ban the offending douchers.

After reading this thread and seeing what everyone has posted I am not even gonna give the anderson site a visit.  Their loss not mine.  Seems like I have a select few companies that get my money anyway and it sure as hell wont be some elusive bunch of sneaky deceptive douchers.

PS.  Merry Christmas to all you guys that choose to celebrate it...and to those of you that don't as well

I disagree. These threads should all be linked to in a tacked thread showing all the dishonest advertising. I have no idea who Anderson is, but will never give them a try now because of the dishonesty represented here. If the thread is deleted others won't see that.

And Merry Christmas to you too!
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Laughable....

I disagree. These threads should all be linked to in a tacked thread showing all the dishonest advertising. I have no idea who Anderson is, but will never give them a try now because of the dishonesty represented here. If the thread is deleted others won't see that.

And Merry Christmas to you too!

Thanks

I guess my major complaint is that if someone sees the thread they are gonna jump to the anderson site...  once there they may actually buy something...thereby we are doing what anderson set out to start with...adding press,  hopefully noone will fall victom to these tactics though..

But I do agree on the fact Anderson has already given themselves bad press with dirty business practices at this point...or a dirty ad. campaign at the least by trying to dirtbag new customers with bullshit like this.  And people should be aware of this..I know we are anyway

Merry Christmas!!!

Link Posted: 12/22/2010 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like snake oil.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sounds like snake oil.

I don't know if that coating there is snake oil or not.  I mean I am a FIRM believer in Fail Zero's EXO coating and it's all i will buy for my BCG's and Upper receivers now.  There are lots of people on here that will call the EXO coating snake-oil but i through my personal use and research the Fail Zero stuff is the absolute best finish you can use.  

So this coating could possibly be worth it and all.. who knows maybe it is even better than the EXO coating.

Some thoughts i noticed from researching this treatment by Anderson though...

1. They say that the treatment is cycling the weapon 23% faster... which is obviously meant to state that there is less friction and thus less wear... but they make no mention of bolt carrier bounce or the proper buffer weights to slow down the cycling... "faster" is not really "better" in an AR15... you cycle too fast you will have problems.  They talk about cycling faster as it being a bonus... i don't want my weapon to cycle faster i want it to cycle properly.  And them not addressing this during their whole "faster" sales pitch either means they don't know the proper way the rifle should work or they are deliberately catering to the uninformed who would think "OH YEAH.. IM GONNA SHOOT FAST!!"

2. They make no claims of how the finish lasts. Nor do they make any warranty statements... anywhere that i could find.  

3. The second testing sheet says directly from the testing facility " we recommend this rifle be cleaned thoroughly after 200 rds of Tula Ammo." Now i don't shoot Tula.. but i know for a fact i can shoot upwards of 1k rounds of silver bear or wolf with no cleaning and no malfunctions AND no lube with my Fail Zero stuff.  So im not really impressed there.  
- You also can note they really don't mention that second testing report on the Tula stuff much.

I would never buy this thing from them based on their marketing strategies, their prices, and these points i have mentioned.

If you Anderson guys are reading this though, send me one of your rifles and 10K worth of whatever factory ammo you want.  I'll test it an even 5k on my rifle and yours.. no lube on either and video tape and report the results.  

Thats about the only way Anderson could get one of those rifles in my hands.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Great work guys.  Doesn't pass the sniff test.  It also doesn't endear Anderson with the masses.  Arfcom tends to remember.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like snake oil.

I don't know if that coating there is snake oil or not.  I mean I am a FIRM believer in Fail Zero's EXO coating and it's all i will buy for my BCG's and Upper receivers now.  There are lots of people on here that will call the EXO coating snake-oil but i through my personal use and research the Fail Zero stuff is the absolute best finish you can use.  

So this coating could possibly be worth it and all.. who knows maybe it is even better than the EXO coating.

Some thoughts i noticed from researching this treatment by Anderson though...

1. They say that the treatment is cycling the weapon 23% faster... which is obviously meant to state that there is less friction and thus less wear... but they make no mention of bolt carrier bounce or the proper buffer weights to slow down the cycling... "faster" is not really "better" in an AR15... you cycle too fast you will have problems.  They talk about cycling faster as it being a bonus... i don't want my weapon to cycle faster i want it to cycle properly.  And them not addressing this during their whole "faster" sales pitch either means they don't know the proper way the rifle should work or they are deliberately catering to the uninformed who would think "OH YEAH.. IM GONNA SHOOT FAST!!"

2. They make no claims of how the finish lasts. Nor do they make any warranty statements... anywhere that i could find.  

3. The second testing sheet says directly from the testing facility " we recommend this rifle be cleaned thoroughly after 200 rds of Tula Ammo." Now i don't shoot Tula.. but i know for a fact i can shoot upwards of 1k rounds of silver bear or wolf with no cleaning and no malfunctions AND no lube with my Fail Zero stuff.  So im not really impressed there.  
- You also can note they really don't mention that second testing report on the Tula stuff much.

I would never buy this thing from them based on their marketing strategies, their prices, and these points i have mentioned.

If you Anderson guys are reading this though, send me one of your rifles and 10K worth of whatever factory ammo you want.  I'll test it an even 5k on my rifle and yours.. no lube on either and video tape and report the results.  

Thats about the only way Anderson could get one of those rifles in my hands.

Good write-up.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Gee whiz- I wont be spending any money with a company that operates like this.
Link Posted: 12/23/2010 4:02:11 AM EDT
[#25]
How many of you guys have watched one of those "Get Rich Quick Marketing on the Internet" 2AM infomercials?

The tactic we just witnessed is one of their classic "gold-clad" marketing tips to create Internet buzz about your product.

You know what the next tip is? (and I'm being completely serious) If you are caught and identified as a company shill, do the following:

1) Create a different online persona and identify yourself as the company principal, owner etc.

2) Disavow all knowledge of the actions of the previous shill poster.

3) Position yourself as apologetic and extremely humble. Accept all responsibility for the actions of your enthusiastic (but misguided and possibly unethical) "renegade employee".

3a) This will play on people's innate sympathy, and position your new online persona as the victim.

3b) Gather virtual hands, find common ground, and sing Kumbaya profit.

The "Kumbaya" part was mine, but the rest was a virtual word-for-word reprint of a recent Secrets of Guerrilla Marketing On The Internet seminar that a firm tried to pitch to my company
Link Posted: 12/23/2010 4:04:19 AM EDT
[#26]
SPAM, not approved as a dealer or IP on this forum
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top