Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2010 7:44:48 AM EDT
I just can't seem to quit thinking about the Doublestar AR's for sale at Budsgunshop.com.  I undstand the arguement that you get what you pay for and I've experienced this because my colt runs like a dream and my bushmaster is going to have to go back to the factory.  I keep reading the increasing number of reviews of those Doublestar AR thinking that eventually someone is going to write a review talking about malfunctions and major problems, but it doens't happen.  There's over 150 reviews between the M4 & Hbar AR and they're all pretty positive.  My biggest problem was most of the reviews are from guys who haven't put 1k rounds through the gun so how much of a test or review could it really be?  To be honest the most appealing part of the guns is their price, but I don't know how many rounds to expect out of one of those rifles.

Anyone with any experience with Doublestar AR's from Buds?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just can't seem to quit thinking about the Doublestar AR's for sale at Budsgunshop.com.  I undstand the arguement that you get what you pay for and I've experienced this because my colt runs like a dream and my bushmaster is going to have to go back to the factory.  I keep reading the increasing number of reviews of those Doublestar AR thinking that eventually someone is going to write a review talking about malfunctions and major problems, but it doens't happen.  There's over 150 reviews between the M4 & Hbar AR and they're all pretty positive.  My biggest problem was most of the reviews are from guys who haven't put 1k rounds through the gun so how much of a test or review could it really be?  To be honest the most appealing part of the guns is their price, but I don't know how many rounds to expect out of one of those rifles.

Anyone with any experience with Doublestar AR's from Buds?

I don't have any experience with the rifles from Bud's but my Doublestar runs perfectly, Doublestar rifles have great quality for a great price and they have great customer service, DSC/J&T Distributing are good to go, also I've had mine for about 2 maybe 3 years now and I haven't had a problem.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I have don't have much experience with DS but you might also want to look at the Delton's with the Moe package that are out and selling cheap. The guys I know who have Delton's like them.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1DTIM4MOEODG&groupid=11
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#3]
What's the round count in your rifle?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 8:14:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Buying a Spike's M4 LE or Midlength LE would be about the same price when you factor the AR15.com discount and the fact that it comes with a quality rear sight.

I would like to know what "Military" their (DS on Budsgunshop) fire control parts are "contracted" for, since the US military doesn't use semi auto fire control parts. Unless they come with FA/burst parts?

Just hype meant to draw in buyers who don't know any better.

DS website:

Only mil-spec parts are used in the construction of this fine carbine.

Would that be the "mil-spec" non chrome lined 1/9 barrel that, being 4140, specifically is NOT MIL-11595E certified? Or, for that matter, the chrome lined 1/9 barrel (same thing).
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Personally, I'd much rather get the Spikes for about $100 more ($669 shipped vs $775 shipped). The added benefits you would get are easily worth it in my opinion (chrome lined barrel, milspec buffer tube for more stock options, better quality control procedures, better barrel, 1/7 twist for a wider variety of ammo, nicer ST-T2 buffer, and the best customer service out there) but there are plenty of people happy with doublestar if that's the route you want to go.

[ETA] As 87GN pointed out, I forgot that the Spikes includes a rear site while the doublestar does not, therefore the price would be almost the exact same. It's a not even a contest in my opinion, Spikes destroys doublestar at the same price point.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What's the round count in your rifle?  Just curious.

Mine? It has somewhere around 400-500

I'll post pics in a few minutes
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 8:23:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Dupe: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=472986&light=doublestar
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top