Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/31/2010 7:52:42 AM EDT

Hell to all,

Can anyone tell me info about PLUM CRAZY receivers????? I believe their website indicates it's made from polymer.... Id this true?

What's so special about plastic lower receivers? Are they more durable than aluminum?

Impala
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 7:55:26 AM EDT
[#1]
lighter weight yes... more durable no. I haven't really heard much about them here of late. The last I heard most people were still on the fence about them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 8:07:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's a couple of reviews:

Review 1

Review 2
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Here's a couple of reviews:

Review 1

Review 2

plinkr415,

Thank you for the reviews. I didn't know the innerds is polymer too!!!! Will they accept a standard parts kit???? Looks very simular to the Bushmaster type of carbine lowers. Anyway very interesting reading.

Impala

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#4]
they will accept the normal parts kit from my understanding, and after market triggers
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
they will accept the normal parts kit from my understanding, and after market triggers

donkeystompit,

Your news is good to hear. Now.... all I need is to see if I can get ahold of one already completed for a much cheaper price than what I paid for the last time!!!!! Now a days as things add up so fast it's very hard to make any purchases for myself unless it for the greater good.

Anyone know generally how much I can expect to pay for one that has a no frills collapable stock with pins???? How does the reduced price of one compare to an aluminum version???? I hear another company was making them but have now seized any production of these good looking receivers. Why does it appear to be so confrontational???

Impala

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
waiting for mine to arrive, should be this week.

check gunbroker for availability, they are about $110 plus shipping, that'll be a complete lower, not just the receiver.

I have high hopes for the lightweight that I'm building.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#7]
http://gunslakehavasu.com/ItemDetails/763934364/Plum_Crazy_Firearms_C15_Complete_Lowe.htm

$109 plus shipping
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks allot guys for your replies

You guys are lucky cuz of your ability to go through Gun Broker. Since I live in California us gun toters have to go through a FFL gun shop to get one of those nice receivers. With the difference in price I could figure I might be shelling out an easy 500 bills due to state taxes and regristeration fees not including the lousey 10 day waiting period.

Give me another week and if I do get one I'll let you guys know. Too many bills to pay for now.

Impala
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#9]
At that price i'm going to pick up 2 and try them out.  I will post when I receive them..  I'm thinking a dedicated 22, and maybe try the AR57 upper on the other..  We will see......
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#10]
You know what is funny? Every time a Plumb Crazy post shows up, the poster is new, and about half the time in the past, the OP turned out to be directly or indirectly related to the company.

The same tactic is pulled on other sites as well, but it always goes something like this:

"Has anyone heard of Plumb Crazy Lowers? I'm from CA/NV and this totally obscure plastic firearms manufacturing is the sole reason I have come to this site and I wanted to solicit opinions on quality and price."

Then, a few posts later:

"I got one and it is great, best lower I've ever come across. You guys should check it out."

I bet you can guess which way I think this thread is going.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

check gunbroker for availability, they are about $110 plus shipping, that'll be a complete lower, not just the receiver.

Why not spend $90 more and get a real lower from DSA
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:22:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I have one of the plum crazy lowers i bought off gun broker. It was almost 6 months to get here from the dealer ( I think they have been banned from gun broker now ) If not they should be. Any way taking  it out today for a test run. As far as looks go its sweet. P-mags drop free, every thing feels right. It does make for a lite carbine
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not spend $90 more and get a real lower from DSA

based on the time its taken to actually get it, I probably should have
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Well i made it to the range today with a the pumcrazy lower and cmmg upper i think(cant find no markings? ) had problems with the mag latch at first.would  not grab the mag it would just fall right back out lol.Then the pmag held and i tried the other mags again and the problem was gone . I ran 120 rounds no problems .I found the trigger to be nice but then again i am new to Ars so i am not the best one to advise on the subject. Over all i was happy with the gun. Now i cant wait for my Spikes to get here
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 6:31:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well i made it to the range today with a the pumcrazy lower and cmmg upper i think(cant find no markings? ) had problems with the mag latch at first.would  not grab the mag it would just fall right back out lol.Then the pmag held and i tried the other mags again and the problem was gone . I ran 120 rounds no problems .I found the trigger to be nice but then again i am new to Ars so i am not the best one to advise on the subject. Over all i was happy with the gun. Now i cant wait for my Spikes to get here

scottfla,

I'm sure everything will work out by shooting it more. I think the polymer just needs to be broken-in. One day I hope to try and get a Plum Crazy for my collection. Polymer lowers are very promising.

Impala

Link Posted: 7/6/2010 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Mega-dupe, including a 14 page thread currently on page 1.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top