Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2010 2:55:38 PM EDT
Here is my new Quentin Defense billet lowers.  You can look up the technical info on the lower through Quentin Defense.  They are extremely helpful and I am quite pleased with the service I have received from them.  I do all of my firearm transfers through them as they are a local company, which is where I found out about these lowers.  They also run Quentin Laser which does NFA engraving (which is where I originally started doing business with them) as well as decorative laser engraving.  

Quentin Defense

First off, let me state that I am extremely pleased with the quality of this lower.  I put the lower together with spare parts I had sitting around.  So the furniture and lower parts are mismatched, but still didn‘t create any problems.  I will eventually upgrade everything and putting nicer stuff on it.  In fact, I have some Magpul furniture on order as well as a match trigger.  The lower went together very easily and there were no problems.  Nothing needed to be fitted and everything dropped in just as it is supposed to.  One very nice detail is that there are no roll pins to put the lower together.  The trigger guard in part of the lower and the bolt hold open catch has a threaded allen head bolt that is used instead of the usual roll pin.  On standard lowers, I have always managed to ding up the receiver when installing the bolt catch roll pin.  I was always a tad nervous when pounding in the pin into the trigger guard area, afraid that I would bust off an ear.  So needless to say, I am very happy with the change they made.  

The lower fits extremely well with my Vltor billet upper.  It also fits up with my standard A3 upper that I got from Bravo.  The fit is so good that I am having a hard time deciding which upper will be dedicated to this lower.  There is close to zero wiggle with the Vltor upper.  While I realize it doesn't affect accuracy, it is still something I really like and am very happy with.

Link Posted: 1/3/2010 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
How much?
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I paid $155 for the lower.
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I paid $155 for the lower.

WOW! that's mine then. looks awfully close to a POF lower though.  

why is it that all the cool stuff is made in Arizona?
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]
i like their upper receivers...
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
No, I do not work for them.  I am only a customer and paid for my lower.  But, I will gladly give a good word about them as I am very happy with the service and product I recieved.  So no, I do not have any financial interest in them.

I am also local to Cavalry Arms, POF, ASA, Ameetec, SRT, Dillon, RTG, Special Weapons, Red Rock Arms, AZ Response Systems, etc.  Within 100 miles is Vltor, Vang Comp, Ruger, etc.  Unfortunely, I am stuck working in the landscape industry.  But there are a ton of gun companies in AZ.  I am sure I missed a couple.  I wish I could find a decent paying job in the firearms industry.  In the mean time, they will just get my money and I will be stuck designing people's backyard.  Arizona is a hotbed of the firearms world.  We get the Small Arms Review Show in Dec.  There is Scottsdale Gun Club which is a pretty high end gun store/range.  We can own NFA as well as CCW.  It is one of the biggest reasons I moved here from Hawai'i, although I foolishly am aching to move back to the home land.
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone know if this will work with a Magpul Bad Lever?
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#8]
That is one of the items on my upgrade list.  I don't see why it wouldn't fit, but I will post more when I get it.  I am also going to use a MOE grip and scavange a Armalite match trigger off one of my other lowers.
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#9]
It's because that's where all the cool people come form <BAG>
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's because that's where all the cool people come form <BAG>

hooah
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I have one of these lowers along with the billet upper they offer.

Nice stuff.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Finally got around to taking a pic of my QD rifle.

QD billet upper and lower receivers.
M16 carrier
16" 1:7 chrome lined barrel.
Vltor mod stock.

Simple set up but it works good.

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I have always had a great experience with that company also, and will try out a lower sooner or later.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I was there today sending   a lower to California . Nice guys will do business with them again. Showed me the lowers they look nice. THEY ALSO HAVE A 80% LOWER that looks real nice.  A+ to quentin laser!
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm not a billet guy, but that lower looks nice. Seems to be priced reasonably too.

Ahem.... ihon, disclaimer time.... V                                                                    
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Here is my disclaimer:  I don't work for Quentin, I work for Alexon Design (alexondesign.com).  I do like the guys from Quentin, they have cheap FFL transfers and actually call when the items arrives.  They did give me a free FFL transfer ($10 savings=I'm rich), but I did give them a glass showcase that my dad left in my garage when he moved back to Hawai'i.  So considering it was $70 new, I didn't get a good deal (but they wife is happy).  I didn't pay full price on the lower, I paid their SAR Show price of $159 and saved $10-20 over full retail (I'm rich).  I am also fat, so don't take fitness advice from me, but fat dudes are funny.  Animals were hurt while posting this ad, mainly cows in the form of ground beef.  I also ate some cheese, but I don't think that hurt the cows (I hope it was from cows and not goats).  But either way, I am addicted to cheese: dairy was expensive in Hawai'i where I grew up.  So I am making up for it and it is probably why I am fat.  I am part Hawai'ian, so I am big boned, really.  I am also a coffee addict, I drink 32-40oz a day.  I fondle my guns more than I shoot them.  Every time I think about sneaking out of the office, the sales peoples radar goes off and they pile me with more work.  I am licensed and insured to drive.  I have an autistic stepson who I think is awesome and absolutely keeps me entertained with his antics.  According to him, claustrophobic: being afraid of Santa Claus.  Get it, a phobia of Claus.  I went hunting for elk around Los Alamos (yes, the birthplace of the atomic bomb), but I didn't get anything.  So I guess I went sight seeing around Los Alamos, but I am not a spy.  According to my wife, I can't find anything out in the open, so I don't think I could find a secret.  Nor am I motivated enough to put in that much effort.  I don't think I picked up any radiation, but I do like nightsights.  I went above and beyond for a company that we work with and I got my pee pee slammed in the door for it.  Every good deed does not go unpunished.  I believe in karma and have been running ahead, but tax time is right around the corner.  I need spell checker as I can't spell worth a damn.  My wife is about to enter the masters program for a degree in Special Education and can spell anything.  And yes, she corrects me all the time.  Lastly (but not leastly), I don't work for Quentin Defense or Quentin Laser (the same guys and company).  But I do like the guys.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 7:33:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh, and I like dark earth furniture like any mall ninja does.  I am just happy that I live in the desert as it allows a slightly lessened pose factor.  I have an ACOG, but have no use for it other than shooting at the range.  I regularly use the dirt bank as a target.  I like to see the bullet impacts and it is hard to miss.  I forgot all my magazines once and had to shoot all my semi guns single shot.  I have a machine gun license!!!  Well a form 1 and 4.  And everybody ask why I moved to AZ from Hawai'i?  Machine gun license fool!  I have done the unthinkable, I have both a Beretta 92 and a Taurus 92.  In fact, I have a pair of each: one for each hand and each foot.

I don't work for Quentin.

Is that disclaimer enough?
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I still don't work for them.  But here is a updated picture with the new furniture and my ACOG back from Trijicon (replaced scratched lens).  The Magpul MOE grip took 1 minute with a file to fit 100%.  I also put in an Armalite match trigger in the lower.  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top