Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2009 9:39:28 PM EDT
Is LMT the only company who produces bolts with an "undercut" behind the bolt lugs as pointed out in the picture?? Or does someone else do this as well???  I have heard this "recess" increases reliability.
Please note, this is a picture that someone else posted on a seperate thread and I am just using it because it shows the angle that I want.

Link Posted: 6/6/2009 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm 90% sure LMT is the only one who undercuts their bolts
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#2]
damm i never noticed that just matched it up to others,i believe!
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have heard this "recess" increases reliability.

Dunno about that, the extra space may allow more fouling before it binds but the undercut will increase the shear strength on the lugs instead of the nearly 90 deg corner usually used.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 7:35:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have heard this "recess" increases reliability.

Dunno about that, the extra space may allow more fouling before it binds but the undercut will increase the shear strength on the lugs instead of the nearly 90 deg corner usually used.

Im not saying its true.... that is what I heard though
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#5]
well. I can see where not having a lug break off could be considered a reliability enhancement
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#6]
anyone else have input on this topic??? Surely someone must have a definate answer...
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I just received my BCM M-16 bolt assembly today.  The carrier key is not MIM and the staking is perfect with no cracks. Thank god, since I usually have bad luck in these issues.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just received my BCM M-16 bolt assembly today.  The carrier key is not MIM and the staking is perfect with no cracks. Thank god, since I usually have bad luck in these issues.

I think you posted in the wrong thread dude....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top