Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2009 5:09:23 PM EDT
Shot 500 flawless rounds of AE XM193 through her today.

CMMG receivers
Stag LPK
Denny's SD BCG
CMMG 16 Mid-Length Government Profile Barrel cut to 13.7
Pinned Noveske KX3
11" LT Handguards
Foliage TangoDown panels
Surefire ladders
LT FUG
Foliage MOE Grip
Foliage CTR
Noveske QD Endplate w/BFG Swivel
MBUS
Aimpoint M4S/LT659
Dual SF E2DL/LT607

Link Posted: 5/19/2009 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
that's hot.
i loved my e2d
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#2]
nice

Link Posted: 5/19/2009 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
thats a very well made AR set up. congrats on a sweet rifle

so whats up with the barrel length and the dual lights?

whats your personal take on your vfg and its set up?
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]
nice gun, have to ask as well what the heck is up with 2 lights....proceed with caution with the lights and lasers, nice guns such a yours could be turned mall ninja style.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#5]
NICE !!!!

I have a G2 surefire on my carbine

But carry a Defender Led
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
nice gun, have to ask as well what the heck is up with 2 lights....proceed with caution with the lights and lasers, nice guns such a yours could be turned mall ninja style.

Maybe high beam and low beam?

Doc
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe high beam and low beam?

Doc

it will definitely blind the $#!^ out of any BG  !!

Link Posted: 5/19/2009 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
thats a very well made AR set up. congrats on a sweet rifle

so whats up with the barrel length and the dual lights?

whats your personal take on your vfg and its set up?

Thanks.

Regarding the barrel length: 13.7 + KX3 = 16" OAL = non SBR.  We are not allowed SBRs (or cans) here in Hawaii... this is the closest I can get.  I've used the KX3 and it's predecessor a lot, and I like em.  They definately do what they were designed to do... much easier to keep rapid string shot groups tight as well.  Adds a bit of weight, but not enough to make a difference for me.  

The FUG is set up so that my hand indexes right where I can activate the lights with my thumb.  I run the short endcap as I don't ever use a broomstick type grip.

I've been shotgunning E2DLs on ARs for a while.  I figured that it'd be nice to have a backup instantly accessible if the batteries go out, or something else causes the light to go down.  I hate trying to run a carbine and handheld light at the same time.  Been working well for me so far... thus far, have had to use the backup (bottom) light once during a course of fire (I forgot to change the batteries out).  

You can also run one in low setting if needed (as a nav light or whatever) and have another available to fire on high without resetting the one that is already on.  ETA: So, yes.  High and low beams Doc.

I'm actually in the process of changing out the rest of my light setups to double stack mounts.  I love those lights... I use one for EDC as well.  

One thing I forgot to mention...

This is the first gun I've used the MS2 sling with.  I started off with the ASAP plate but didn't like how it wouldn't transition to reaction side with a collapsed stock.  The Noveske plate allows you to do this, BUT I would NOT recommend using the QD swivels with the oversized buttons in conjunction with the Noveske endplate.  I started off with a VLTOR swivel.  When the CTR was collapsed it pushed the QD button enough to release the swivel.  The stock body will keep the swivel in place, but if the stock is extended while the swivel is under load the QD swivel will QD from the gun.  This does not happen with the smaller QD buttons like those on the BFG swivels.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top