Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 1:45:05 PM EDT
I am planning on building two more ARs once Bravo Company gets their LMT uppers back in stock and in the mean time have been purchasing the parts that are available. I had heard about a few people placing orders from Stag's web site and despite the reported wait times, have had LPKs shipped out within only a week or two. So I figured what the hell and ordered two of them and sure enough  they actually shipped out within about a week finally arriving today. Apparently these parts are shipped out from a place called LAN World.

The first thing I did was to make sure all parts were there and then finally to inspect each part. Everything seemed identical in both kits and appeared to look good, however I did notice some variation in the hammers and also the disconnectors. One hammer looks very similar to a RRA hammer I have, and one disconnector looks off to say the least.

I would like to get your thoughts on the hammer variations and also (more importantly) whether or not I need to replace the disconnector. They are cheap to replace but if it is just something that is cosmetic and maybe even normal for these kits then I will try it out but personally it is not sitting right with me at the moment.

The earliest I will be able to test these will probably be in about a month but hopefully sooner.

Summary:

Hammer - Why would two parts kits ordered at the same time have different hammers? I could understand ordering a kit in January, another in June and because of different production runs seeing some differences but it seems like with everything selling out this stuff would come from the same batch. Ultimately I don't really care other than just finding it interesting.

Disconnector? Should it be replaced?

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It will be fine. Shoot em.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The disconnector with the beveled hole is fine, the other looks like shit.

With all the scrambling for parts going on, STAG along with all others are scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with parts.

I found 2 STAG kits that I had stashed away a few years ago & the difference in quality is apparent.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump for night crew.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:21:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Final bump.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:01:15 AM EDT
[#5]
On the rough looking disconnector if the under side of the top hook is smooth, if it does not bind in the trigger, and it passes the function test when installed I would use it.
Manufacturers buy from different sources. Not a surprise to see different parts in the kits. They may have kept some old sets in reserve for their builds when the new ones came in and you just got a set of each.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:05:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
On the rough looking disconnector if the under side of the top hook is smooth, if it does not bind in the trigger, and it passes the function test when installed I would use it.
Manufacturers buy from different sources. Not a surprise to see different parts in the kits. They may have kept some old sets in reserve for their builds when the new ones came in and you just got a set of each.

+1
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

One looks stamped and the other looks water jetted. As long at the hammer catch hook is ground in the correct location from the pin it will be fine.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top