Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Guitar cases are a great way to camo your rifle out in public.  I have been looking at an old Fender hard case....just add foam lining, cut to measure and you have a great travel case!!!

Link Posted: 3/14/2009 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Took some advise in a earlier post and stopped over at a friends house who's into quitars.  Took the AR and tried one of his cases, worked out great so I headed over to a local music store and found this case for $39.00.  Seems to hold it pretty well I can back it on my back with shoulder straps if I choose (not sure why I would want to other then carry it for a long distance in public). Plus it will hold a easily half dozen 30rd clips in the storage in front.
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu316/Foamer54/ColtAR156940others1.jpg

Clips? Oh man, and everything was going so well

Link Posted: 3/14/2009 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, mags is that better?
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Sorry, mags is that better?

The guys around here will crucify you for calling magazines clips. Don't let them get to you. Welcome to the addiction.

Link Posted: 3/14/2009 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nope. Not here to defend the 2500 bucks but it's my money don't worry about it. I don't owe anybody no banks no relative's nobody. So if I paid a premium you really shouldn't care should ya?

1st welcome to the disease. you are right it is not our money, however as long as people such as you keep paying those mindless prices it make it difficult for those that refuse to cave in and submit to inflated prices.
    learn  your lesson  never tell them how much you pay and if you do LIE.  because its your business only

Damn nice rifle  ENJOY
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#7]
True on most accounts and thats capitalizm.
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#8]
How do like the ladder rail covers, are they hand friendly or just feel like the raw rail itself?
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Excellent Colt!

Quoted:

Guitar cases are a great way to camo your rifle out in public.  I have been looking at an old Fender hard case....just add foam lining, cut to measure and you have a great travel case!!!

I've never been a fan of gig-bags so I never tried one with an AR, the only cases I use now are rigid foam lined SKBs (the cost of my guitars would make some AR buyers flinch). But the gig-bag is not much different in construction than the padded "tactical" soft cases. I have one from Uncle Mike's that is surprisingly good quality for the low price.

The line about Fender cases reminded me that I have a black Tolex case in the closet that I don't use because it has some (repairable) cosmetic issues. It's actually too big for my carbine but would be about right for a rifle-length AR with a fixed buttstock.

This is a stock photo of the UM tactical case (carbine size). This photo doesn't do it justice...

Link Posted: 3/14/2009 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#10]
One of the reasons I was interested in the guitar case was it looks like a that's what I'm carry from my vehicle to house or vice versa. That case is nice but I was surprized how well the case I purchased fit and the protection it offered.

The covers just make it fell like a it's a bit warmer hold if that makes any sense.....
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ya know just for the hec of it I logged into that GunBroker web page to see what sold in the last 30 days on the LE6940 the least expesive was 2495.00 and that was east of the mtn's from me. So add 40 bucks shipping I sitll wouldn't gotten any less expensive. I too believe the price will come down how much I don't know and really don't care.
When I hear of guys buying at cost well good for them but I'm too old to join the police force and the army won't take me but I might consider Secret Service or FBI but then I would have to go back to college.  Let me wieght this out hummmm back to college I wonder if my wife will let me go, I'm probably going to be looking for work soon.  Ya that's it I'lll go back to school at 25K on a college loan  which I'll never pay pack and then work at the rec center on campus for beer money and I can help those poor girls learn how to use the wieght machines correctly.

Dude! That's exactly what I'm fixin' to do! Nice rifle,btw. Welcome to the site and enjoy shooting that beautiful Colt!
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you have access to a caliper? Could you measure the size of the fire control pins? It's very important to some of us and no first-hand reports exist yet.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top