Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2008 6:15:05 AM EDT
Anyone placed an order with them lately? Trying to get an estimate on where they are at on their shipments to plan accordingly for the holiday break. Have called and emailed with no success.

Thanks,

T
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered one of their 20" standard rifle kits on Nov 2.  They sent me an update about 2 or 3 days later saying they were "behind 3 - 4 weeks on shipping"  I've since sent them another email asking the order status because I noticed my CC was charged.  Haven't gotten any reply on that yet.  Most places only charge the card when the order ships, but I'm guessing they charge upon taking the order...not really sure I'm keen on that.  They've already taken my money, but not delivered the goods?  I'll hope for the best.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered 2 rifle kits from Ranger on Sunday via web order, My card hasn't been charged as of yet. Hope they're not backed up 8-10 weeks like Model 1 is right now.
would like to see someone post GOOD news about AR parts and would be surprised if I see these kits in anything less than 6 weeks?????
In June a friend ordered a kit from ranger and he got his in 6 days!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
...  I'll hope for the best.

I know them personally and I can tell you everything is fine.  Just backlogged / backordered like everyone else is.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:20:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe we should start a thread where people can say when they recieve an order, when they placed it, and with whom it was ordered.  Somebody must be getting some deliveries in.  That way we can all guesstimate when we might see our orders.
The waiting is the hardest part for sure, but in a way the anticipation is kind of fun.  Maybe after I build this one I'll start another build.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 5:16:43 AM EDT
[#5]
If such a thread is started please post a link here.
I am just hopin to see these kits before Christmas(Merry Christmas to ME) oh and one is for the wife so Merry Crhistmas to her too and may it be a Merry Crhistmas to you all as well.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 7:33:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Friend ordered a 20 inch bout 3 weeks ago from ranger sale, and just got confirmation it was shipped.  I ordered from m&a parts about 1 1/2 weeks ago and have still not been charged.  Everyone is crazy backed up.  Just came back from the Gun Show in pasadena texas and prices are ridiculous at some booths.  23 bones for a 30 round magpull.. the sig 556 (previously 1200 dollars) is now 1700.00 and they are flying off the shelves.. other ar's are between 900 on up.. cheapest i saw was a bushy at 900 bones. DPMS lowers running 159 -179 dollars from pre-election 120.00.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I placed an order on 11-17. Their site says they are backed up 6 to 8 weeks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Placed my order with Ranger on 11-16 got a confirmation email today stating that they would be charging my CC and that there is indeed a 6-8 week delay(please get here before Christmas;please), they did say I could cancel my order(not likely). Looks like we're all listening to elevator music in the waiting room on the kits, don't matter where they are ordered from! A buddy of mine ordered 2 LPK's from model 1 though and got them in 8 days SO There is hope!
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Did not order from Ranger ,ordered from BCM ( Bravo co.) placed the order last Sunday got it Thursday , maybe I didn't order the right stuff.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#10]
was it a complete rifle kit?  My understanding of the problem is that there is a shortage of bolts and of coarse the big panic.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 4:07:04 AM EDT
[#11]
From Ranger:
NOTICE TO ALL CUSTOMERS
Do to the recent the volume of orders we are overwhelmed with calls. This
situation has placed all shipments of AR15-kits and accessories at
approximately 6 to 8 weeks. THIS IS FOR ORDERS PLACED AFTER NOV,1ST.2008

As all our kits are built to order for each customer, we must charge your
credit card at the time of your order to ensure the you are in our system
and receive the right order, if this is not agreeable please send an e-mail
and we will cancel your order.

Please do not call as we do not have time to spend on the phone checking
orders, e-mails will be answered as promptly as time permits.

Ranger Sales apologizes for any inconvenience this might cause. All we ask
is please be patient.

Ranger Sales LLC

Blackthorne(if anybody cares)
We are currently in a back order situation on bolt carriers.  Any order that includes a bolt carrier  will be delayed at least 30 working days.  If you decide to order please understand that the website automatically charges your card but we will not be able to ship for at least 30 working days.  If this is not acceptable please watch the website until we post that we are no longer in a backorder situation then order.  TO avoid any confusion we  do not ship partials(added 11/3/08)

Del-Ton
Please allow 8-16 weeks for ALL order processing, depending on when you placed your order.  We are making every attempt to fill orders and answer emails as fast as we can.  Order volume and phone volume is at an all time high right now and we're doing all we can to process orders as fast as possible.  Our phone lines are working, please keep trying.  

Has anyone placed an order with model 1 sales lately, I AM CURIOS to know if they too are in the backorder boat?
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 4:22:35 AM EDT
[#12]
"Has anyone placed an order with model 1 sales lately, I AM CURIOS to know if they too are in the backorder boat? "

I looked at their website last night, the only thing I saw about kits was if you ordered an M16 kit, to check with them for availability. The least thing some of these websites could do is post on the FRONT page or on the individual kits, if they are currently in stock.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I just looked at Rangers' website. I had never heard of them before this thread. Who makes their kits? Any info on quality someone could share? They look like Model 1 Sales kits.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 4:46:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, when I placed my order with ranger the in stock count was 82 and is now 81 on the first rifle and on the second it was 42 and is now 32 so I would assume that this is not an accurate count. I am just hoping for the best, I am sure that all of these sellers are doing the best they can. These panic buyers that have been sitting on the fence for the last 2 years are the folks at blame here I am more than sure of that. BUT we better get'em while we can. I also feel that the folks in D.C. can't wait until they can reinstate the AWB and it will most likely be a more restrictive ban than the last one we all endured.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 5:52:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 3:34:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just looked at Rangers' website. I had never heard of them before this thread. Who makes their kits? Any info on quality someone could share? They look like Model 1 Sales kits.

I have used their kits in the past as well as a friend of mine, good stuff! I don't believe they just resell model 1 kits.
I use them because they use shaw barrels that shoot very good and they are in MI so the shipping time is shorter than model 1 in TX, they do ship from MI and this is one of the reasons I don't believe they are a reseller.  I have used kits from model 1, M&A, Ranger and dpms and these were ALL good kits. I believe most of the kit suppliers use good U.S. contract parts and put the kits together, who knows maybe in their basement or garage but the above mentioned have all worked well for me.

I have also assembled kits from Blackthorne, be very aware that you will most likely have to fix something before you can fire the weapon (1 of 6 has been flawless)and their return policy is 3 days, They are cheaper but......

BTW I received an email confirming my order and letting me know that my CC has been charged, I will certainly post the arrival date.

I would also like to know if anyone has ordered a complete kit from model 1 to see what the wait time is with them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 4:07:36 AM EDT
[#17]
I just recieved a shipping notice from Model 1 for an order placed last Thursday.  Before you guys get all excited, the order was just for a set of handguards.
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for posting the reply, Coldbore!
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/24/2009 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Ranger Sales is run by the brother in law of one of the owners of Model 1.

I've bought stuff from both, had very few problems, and those problems were fixed without hassle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top