Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 10:22:05 AM EDT
I'm assembling an AR15 right now for hunting purposes only. I'll be using barnes bullets exclusively and reloading everything by hand. I had been debating the issue between a 6.8spc and the grendel, but I've recently found another alternative that has been projected into the forefront. Mike over at Dedicated Technologies makes custom built WSSM uppers in a variety of calibers. One of them just so happens to be the 7mm WSSM. Since I was looking at getting performance as close to the 7mm 08 as I could when I began my journey down the ar15 road, I think that the 7mm WSSM would be a pretty good alternative. I think the fact that it would be a heavier 7mm bullet would help aleviate the problem of wearing out the barrel that other WSSM cartridges face. And since I'm not yet convinced of the longevity of either the 6.5 Grendel or the 6.8SPC round I'm not sure there's much of a downside to going the wildcat route (from an ammunition availibility perspective.) Also I wouldn't need the high capacity magazines as this would be for hunting only (who goes hunting for deer with a full 26 round magazine anyway?) But ultimately, I just wanted to see what you all thought of this idea.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody has an opinion? hinking.gif  That's not normal for this crowd....
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Also I was wondering what were people's thoughts on upper assemblies from DTech?  Does anyone have one or has handled one?  I don't like the fact that he uses Olympic upper receivers (as neccesitated by the WSSM cartridge), but he does detail them in his lathe so I would think that would correct any errors they might have...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top