Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 10:59:25 AM EDT
i have the opp to buy a Colt Defense marked AR,its a 16 in 'C MP" marked bbl, the recvr is also marked match targtet or match competition. thing is, its a flat top and the symbol on the upper looks like the Armalite 'A' but im told its an A for Alcoa forging. Im basically wanting to make sure this isnt a franken gun and get a model number on it so i can find a twist rate etc. i cant recall if it has a bayo lug or not or the flash hider type but any info or pics is appreciated. I did call COLT today and they basically couldnt tell me anything other than they did make a flat top in 16 in... I know im giving limited info but its all i can recall right now and any help is deeply appreciated..thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like a 6731.  Can you post pictures?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#2]
i dont have  pics and cant get them till tomorrow and thats if i take the gun. i did find out that its a 1/7 twist and has no bayo lug and is marked 'match target carbine'.  any ideas on value/quality etc??  thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#3]
My guess is a 6400.
MATCH TARGET
M4 CARBINE

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i dont have  pics and cant get them till tomorrow and thats if i take the gun. i did find out that its a 1/7 twist and has no bayo lug and is marked 'match target carbine'.  any ideas on value/quality etc??  thanks

You need to look at your gun and tell us all the writing on it.

That is the only way we can help you.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to look at your gun and tell us all the writing on it.

That is the only way we can help you.

as i stated, its not yet my gun, its not in MY posession, i simply have the chance to purchase it. i have also  in this thread relayed ALL of the writing on the gun..there is no more than ive already stated!. here goes altogether.

on lower
COLT
Match Target M4 Carbine
5.56 NATO

by selector
Colt Defense
Hartford Conn

on barrel
C  MP
1/7

just lookin for opinions and  a model # with approximate value..thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#6]
you got the ban  era 6400c. its basically a ban friendly M4

quality is great. as good as a 6920 really. just replace the fixed stock and have the barrel threaded and you got damn near the same thing. minus the useless bayonet lug
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I used a 6400c lower as the basis for my M4 SBR. Sold off the upper and replaced  the fixed stock with a Colt collapsible and a 14.5" Colt upper

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys!! thats  the info i needed. the gun looks brand new and it already has the adj stock on it so half my work is done. I have 3 other Colts but wasnt familiar with this particular model but i do think im gonna go ahead and take it!. thanks for everything
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#9]
picked up the gun today, gonna change out the muzzle brake monday and change a cpl other things...the lower is marked 223 and the bbl is marked '1/7,  5.56 NATO'...i think i got a good deal and im happy with it. pics later tonite
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Another pony rides again , fun times with your new toy ..!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Sweet!! I know you will like it!! and here is my Colts a 6920 and a 6700 I had threaded for a FH. It turns out great
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top