Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/30/2007 3:45:20 AM EDT
I haven't seen any more mention of a Remington AR since it was questioned on a privious post and then got this email for guns and ammo.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/taphandle/untitled.jpg

Then found this:

http://www.remington.com/products/sneak_peek/model_r-15_vtr.asp

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/taphandle/remingtonr15.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/taphandle/lgsil_r15predatorcs22.jpg

I'm certainly not jumping on the bandwagon, but it looks pretty cool as far as the paint job and the price is not rediculous. It stated that it will accept after market magazines, not sure about the rest of the parts though.

What do you guys think?

Take it easy-n-at,
Jeff
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:57:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:03:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:09:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Offer it in 6.8 SPC and a larger version in .308 and I will buy one or each
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:14:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am very pleased that they are getting into the AR game.

only sorta.

Remington is owned by the same parent company as Bushmaster (Cerberus).  the recently introduced Remington R15 is simply a minor variant of the Bushmaster Predator varmint rig. in industry-speak, Remington has "OEM'd" a Bushmaster rifle.

Rem R15

(www.remington.com/products/sneak_peek/model_r-15_vtr.asp)

Bushy Predator

(www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_PCWVMS20FPRED8.asp)

ps:
either way, i don't think i'd buy an AR without a chrome-lined barrel.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:16:54 AM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
Remington announces their AR

Earlier thread

Sorry, this is the first I have seen of this.

Jeff
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:27:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I find it interesting Remington is calling it a "modular repeating rifle", not an AR.  I guess they are still trying to stay on the good side of their largest customer base, the fudds.

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:50:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:52:17 AM EDT
[#8]
This has been talked about but it's a GREAT thing calling is something else and making it a varmit rifle.

Will be nice to hold this one up with the language they use for it in a debate about EVIL rifles, coming in 2009.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:25:42 AM EDT
[#9]
True its just a bushy rebranded, but I don't see how anyone can think this is a bad thing.  It will expose hunters who might otherwise never think about using a black rifle to the platform.  Maybe the next rifle they get will be black.  I hope this rifle can convert a few fudds and bring some people over to our side.  That being said, there's no way I'd ever buy one of those.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:20:42 AM EDT
[#10]
i checked 1 out at a local gunshow , i like the camo , looks great
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#11]
In addition, they also own Chrysler, GMAC (finance arm not GM) and Air Canada.  Cerberus is a private equity firm that prey's on the weak. I believe they got Chrysler for $7billion, just what Chrysler's pension fund obligation was.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Greek mythology, Cerberus or Kerberos (Greek Κέρβερος, Kerberos, "demon of the pit") was the hound of Hades, a monstrous three-headed dog with a snake for a tail (sometimes said to have 50 or 100 heads) called a hellhound. Other hell hounds included Orthus, his two headed brother. Cerberus guarded the gate to Hades and ensured that spirits of the dead could enter, but none could exit (additionally, no living person was to come into Hades). Among his siblings are Chimera and the Hydra. He is the offspring of Echidna and Typhon.

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#12]
You checked out a Remington R-15 at a gunshow?????

Was the gunshow held at the Remington plant? hmaster.
mike
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#13]
There is going to be a Byron South signature model.  I read that straight from Byron himself over a Predator Masters forum.  I believe he has been testing it while calling coyotes.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Well I am glad they are getting in the game.  The more the merrier.  No wonder they jumped down Jim Zumbo's throat.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#15]
The more the better.

Hopefully, Rem can also introduce the newbies to some uppers in higher caliber "hunting" rifles in the future.  We need all the fudds we can get to support us.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top