Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/9/2007 12:38:21 PM EDT
I've read good things about them in a few places, but overall I'm not finding much info about them.  I was pretty set on getting a Stag, but someone suggested the ADS and it's only a few bucks more.

thx-Chris
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#1]
yes,I have fired over 300 rounds of assorted ammo from a ADS Alpha M4 and it was flawless and as accurate as my LMT . the only upgrade I would do is to replace the BCG with a Bravo BCM M16 BCG,nothing wrong with the one it comes with but all my rifles have a M16 BCG but that's just me . the ADS is a steal at the $799.99 price and even has a mil spec buffer tube. I'm getting my 36 year old son one for Xmas .
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I was (well, still am) thinking about getting one to leave stock and just play with at the range to save some wear on my 6933.  Your best bet would be to contact G&R Tactical as they have a pretty good relationship with ADS.  Should be able to help you out with anything you want to know.
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
or you can mail order it for $799.99 from www.shootersvault.net  they are the manufacturer I believe . the cermic Robar finish is nothing short of amazeing ,in fact I don't think you can beat the Quality of it at the price anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would you buy this when you can get a Stag, with a lifetime warranty, at the same price?

FTR I have a few Stags and am very happy with all of them.

Seydou
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]
SPECS:

Barrel Steel: 4150
Twist Rate: 1/7
Chrome lined: Y
F marked FSB: Y
M4 Barrel Extension: Y
M4 cut upper receiver: Y
Mil-Spec 6 position RE: Y
MP tested bolt: Y
AR15 or M16 Bolt carrier: Y
Castle nut staked: Y
Barrel, upper and lower receiver coated by ROBAR

Best features for the money.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why would you buy this when you can get a Stag, with a lifetime warranty, at the same price?

Because the ADS offers more features for the same price, that's why.
Link Posted: 11/10/2007 5:52:51 AM EDT
[#8]
My internet search fu is weak.  I looked at G&R and shootersvault and only found a stripped receiver. Can someone provide a link?

TIA

Seydou
Link Posted: 11/10/2007 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My internet search fu is weak.  I looked at G&R and shootersvault and only found a stripped receiver. Can someone provide a link?

TIA

Seydou

E-mail Grant at G&R and he will help you out.
Link Posted: 11/10/2007 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TIA

Seydou

I'll do that but would like to do some research on the company since I have not heard of them before.  Do they have a website?

Seydou
Link Posted: 11/10/2007 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TIA

Seydou

I'll do that but would like to do some research on the company since I have not heard of them before.  Do they have a website?

Seydou

They are still a relatively new company so their site is not fully complete but here is the link; ADS Rifles.

ETA: More information can be found here.
Link Posted: 11/10/2007 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#12]
www.shootersvault.net    than click on weekly specials . I have no affiliation or derive any income from them . my exposure to the ADS rifle and shootersvault have been to go to the store with my neighbor Bob so he could show me the AR he wanted to buy,when I saw and handeled it I told him to buy it . we later went to the Desert to break it in and we had my LMT and my Colt 6920 .we put 300 rounds of mixed ammo through the ADS and it ran perfectly . it held it's own with the Colt and LMT and I was very impressed. the folks at the store (shootersvault) were great to deal with and were pleasant .
Link Posted: 11/13/2007 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Shooters Vault Rules!!!! I have recently finished my SBR project and ALL OF THE PIECES I NEEDED WERE CHEAPER OR SAME PRICE AT THE STORE! Most other stores here in Phoenix metro mark their prices waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up!!!!! Shooters vault is great stuff!!! I drive 40 miles through hell hole phoenix to just go to that store! They seem to sell a lot of the ADS stripped recievers too.  Was going to buy one and they were out at the time.  Great customer service also.......Oh, and I am not an employee and just sayin this stuff....GREAT STORE!
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 3:17:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Is it just me or is their website having problems? Couldn't get everything to open up.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top