BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/5/2007 4:02:50 PM EDT
just got 50some of them in today. So those of y'all looking for colt rifles keep your eyes open and hit your local places ot see if they've shown up.
Link Posted: 4/6/2007 8:58:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Does the fit and finish seem better than the reports of the last batch released. I've read many complaints here about tool marks and finish issues and mis-fitting uppers/lowers on the LE6920's 6721's and 6520's.
I've got one I bought immediately after the Sunset of the Ban and it is in perfect visual/firing condition. Do your newer releases have the full circle carrier?
Link Posted: 4/6/2007 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Get any 6920's? And do you ship?have
Link Posted: 4/6/2007 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
Does the fit and finish seem better than the reports of the last batch released. I've read many complaints here about tool marks and finish issues and mis-fitting uppers/lowers on the LE6920's 6721's and 6520's.
I've got one I bought immediately after the Sunset of the Ban and it is in perfect visual/firing condition. Do your newer releases have the full circle carrier?

What was wrong with the fit and finish of the last batch?  I had a Colt Sporter in my hands today made sometime between 89' - 91' time frame and the upper to lower
fit was crap.

Link Posted: 4/6/2007 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a link to the post where several new Colt owners are talking about fit/finish issues.

"My Prancing Pony experience"

Luckily my 6920 is as close to perfect as you could ask for a new rifle, shooting and visuals. My 6920 has the full circle carrier too.
Link Posted: 4/6/2007 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Get any 6920's? And do you ship?  None of my "local" places ever have these!

I'll look tomorrow lol, I haven't opened the boxes yet and we had good friday off.
Link Posted: 4/6/2007 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I honestly have no idea, I'll let you know tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/6/2007 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#7]
boing. . . . boner!
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]
sorry bud, all 6520s.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got two 6920s and a 6520 and they look and shoot good .
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#10]
great to hear... my 2 all time favorite Colt rifles!   Coincidentally I have one of each too!

but my 6520 is a NIB Blue Label Post Ban version BEFORE they started stamping the LEO/Military rollmarks on them., and haven't gotten around to shoot it yet.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#11]
*yawn*

Seems to me that Colt is the "HK" of American gun makers...

1.  Too much MONEY

2.  Too little VALUE

3.  ON-AGAIN, OFF-AGAIN interest in the commercial market
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
*yawn*

1.  Too much MONEY

2.  Too little VALUE

Thanks for your unsolicted opinion...

who really gives a shit what YOU think...   *yawn*
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 8:06:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
*yawn*

1.  Too much MONEY

2.  Too little VALUE

Thanks for your unsolicted opinion...

who really gives a shit what YOU think...   *yawn*

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU, TOO!  

Link Posted: 4/8/2007 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#14]
what the hec does the easter bunny have to do with easter anyway?  
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I dunno, but you'd better have JETWC's permission first before offering any dissenting opinions about the Easter Bunny!!!

Link Posted: 4/8/2007 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
*yawn*

1.  Too much MONEY

2.  Too little VALUE

Well I'm not really on the commercial end of the market either /shrugs/ That may have somethign to do with it
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

ever heard of Saint Peter........................RABBIT

Here's my place of business as of Sat.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i18.tinypic.com/350waiq.jpg

Link Posted: 4/8/2007 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#19]
So what is up with Colt's disinterest in the domestic civ market? Their web sites lead you to believe that unless LEO or MIL than they have very few products. www.colt.com and www.coltmfg.com certainly are bland - the dealer locator is a joke.

Does Colt make a rifle of better quality than anyone else? What is there competitive advantage?

Would truly be interested in what people think on this. Their name to me is the epitome of American firearms. But with FN making M-16's and Colt only making the M-4 for the military what's their claim to greatness?
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So what is up with Colt's disinterest in the domestic civ market? Their web sites lead you to believe that unless LEO or MIL than they have very few products. www.colt.com and www.coltmfg.com certainly are bland - the dealer locator is a joke.

Does Colt make a rifle of better quality than anyone else? What is there competitive advantage?

Would truly be interested in what people think on this. Their name to me is the epitome of American firearms. But with FN making M-16's and Colt only making the M-4 for the military what's their claim to greatness?

Colt makes both M4s and M16s.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
what's their claim to greatness?

History
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Current M16 rifles are made by FN USA, Colt lost the production contract in the 1990s."

Let's not knit pick here, we know you're over your head with Colt but come on.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Armchair commandos of ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No wonder I can't find any ammo.  You have it all.  So, uh, whats it gonna take to get that over to NC?
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would rather own one Colt rifle than three Bushmasters....Just as I would rather own one Corvette L-88 than three Hemi-Cuda's...

Different strokes for different folks...Hope I made my point as crystal clear as you did yours...

To each his own, live and let live etc., etc.  Have a JOYUS EASTER SUNDAY....

BS4L...
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Current M16 rifles are made by FN USA, Colt lost the production contract in the 1990s."

You mean like this M16A4 made in late 2002:

Honestly, you bring absolutely nothing to this board except you shit head comments.

Link Posted: 4/8/2007 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'd hazard a guess that there are more M4s being made then M16s right now. Pretty much most of Colts production for the past 4 or 5 years has been military/LEO sales. That does not leave much production for Civi stuff, and just as ammo companies won't expand, neither will firearm companies unless they have a market after the war to sell all that the expanded facilities will produce. Colt has bought up Dimacio so they did expand in a way, but I doubt that they will do more then that right now.

It's not like even the larger civi only AR companies are large in any respect other then comparing them to each other. In the overall scope of factories and companies, they are small fry.

Every Colt AR I've ever bought worked right out of the box, is it worth a bit more to me to be pretty much assured that? To me yes, to others, not so much and thats their choice. I read the "fix it" threads, and have a pretty good idea what each companies quirks are.

In the end, to each their own.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I've read a gret deal of colt vs. everybody else.  I attended a patrol rifle class recently and all I know is that my LMT 10.5 didn't work...kept double feeding, and my colt 11.5" worked just fine.

Once I determine the cause of the DFs and fix it it, I have confidence that it'll work also.  In the extremely unlikely event I need to use a rifle for real at this point in my life, I'll be grabbing the colt.  

All my rifles work fine for range plinking, but I guess that a lot of rounds down range in a short amount of time tells the tale.  Come to think of it, other than the LMT, and a colt bbl/BC on a VLTOR MUR, my other rifle are colts.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 5:25:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Haven't had a chance to shoot my new LE6920 yet, but it's visually/cosmetically perfect.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm just gonna say it now

IBTL
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.hunt101.com/img/418634.jpg</a>

Honestly, you bring absolutely nothing to this board except you shit head comments.

Uh, just because Colt doesn't have contracts with the military, doesn't mean they don't produce an M16A4 for other reasons.

I'm sure I make stupid posts once in a while, most of us do but believe me when I say ol' chap the majority of the members are quite sick of your Colt nonsense.

I reason in my posts, I never claim that AR manufacturers such as Bushmaster makes as high of a quality product as Colt all I do is bring down the elitist arm chair commandos, such as yourself, who thinks every other company makes an obsolete, malfunction ridden AR.

Please, continue to humor me and the rest of the board.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I've read a gret deal of colt vs. everybody else.  I attended a patrol rifle class recently and all I know is that my LMT 10.5 didn't work...kept double feeding, and my colt 11.5" worked just fine.

Once I determine the cause of the DFs and fix it it, I have confidence that it'll work also.  In the extremely unlikely event I need to use a rifle for real at this point in my life, I'll be grabbing the colt.  

All my rifles work fine for range plinking, but I guess that a lot of rounds down range in a short amount of time tells the tale.  Come to think of it, other than the LMT, and a colt bbl/BC on a VLTOR MUR, my other rifle are colts.

I have a colt 10 inch not (10.25 or10.5 ) works great .. Bushmaster stopped making there

10 and something inch barrel they could never get it to work!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would rather own one Colt rifle than three Bushmasters....Just as I would rather own one Corvette L-88 than three Hemi-Cuda's...

Different strokes for different folks...Hope I made my point as crystal clear as you did yours...

To each his own, live and let live etc., etc.  Have a JOYUS EASTER SUNDAY....

BS4L...

Right but there's a difference between elitism and preference. Hell, I've owned a Colt and I've got really nothing to complain about. Just annoyed with the scottryan brigade.

Otherwise, I'd be sitting here laughing at the fact that the Cuda would smoke the L-88 Vette.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Feel the love in this thread. This is awesome.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Uh, just because Colt doesn't have contracts with the military, doesn't mean they don't produce an M16A4 for other reasons.

Why do you think it is marked Property of US Government?  Only USGI Colts are marked this way.  Here is another picture of the same rifle.  Notice the standard gray ARMY windbreaker jacket the guy holding the rifle is wearing?

You honestly don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I'm sure I make stupid posts once in a while, most of us do but believe me when I say ol' chap the majority of the members are quite sick of your Colt nonsense.

It that why many members of this board IM or email me for help?

I reason in my posts, I never claim that AR manufacturers such as Bushmaster makes as high of a quality product as Colt all I do is bring down the elitist arm chair commandos, such as yourself, who thinks every other company makes an obsolete, malfunction ridden AR.

I have never made such a statement of how other AR brands are malfunction ridden.  I do not troll is other thread bashing other companies products.  The only time I post is when there is a Colt vs. XXX thread.  I present the facts as they are.  Colt makes the the best quality AR-15 out of the box. This is factually irrefutable when considering quality checks, materials, and adhearance to specifications.  Whether Colt is the best choice for you is another matter.

I also own Bushmaster and LMT ARs and components.

Every time you post you embarass yourself.

Link Posted: 4/8/2007 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#37]
I for one appreciate ScottRyan's help.  He is a valuable resource to have on board.  
I DON'T appreciate people who constantly bash others because of what they percieve as elitism.  

I can depend on certain people to provide reliable information on various subjects here, one of the reasons I decided to help support the board at the level I chose.  

I can also depend on people to relentlessly bash whatever isn't their pet brand to the point of looking foolish.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#38]
what the hell happened to this? I know alot of people were looking for colts so i mentioned it and this shit starts? Damn is my membership expired yet?
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Colt does have a military contract.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I would buy one of these colts you got in but all I need is a stripped lower.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Colt ships 8,000 M4 carbines every month. That is more guns going to the military than Bushmaster makes... period. Yes, Colt makes a better rifle. Whether you will notice the difference depends in great part on how you use it. If you fire 100 rounds a year from an Olympic, you will probably be happy. If you fire 100 rounds in 70 seconds, like in some rifle courses, you will find flaws in any weapon you bring, even in a Colt.

If I were Colt, I would not want to be involved in the civilian market either. Think about it. They ship 8,000 rifles to a customer that doesn't care if the reciever has a dent or the delta ring has a shiny spot. If the bolt breaks at 5,000 rounds, Uncle Sam stuffs a new one in it instead of shipping the whole damn thing back east. Uncle Sam doesn't call them to ask stupid questions (at least not as much). Uncle Sams rifles are safe from legislation. Uncle Elmos rifle needs to undergo a mild redesign every ten years so it can still be sold. To top it off, most people don't know a Vulcan from a Colt, so Colt is considered overpriced.

Guess what. Colts are overpriced. They charge an extra fee to deal with retards, and they sell every rifle they have the capacity to make. Sounds like a good business plan to me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Colt ships 8,000 M4 carbines every month. That is more guns going to the military than Bushmaster makes... period. Yes, Colt makes a better rifle. Whether you will notice the difference depends in great part on how you use it. If you fire 100 rounds a year from an Olympic, you will probably be happy. If you fire 100 rounds in 70 seconds, like in some rifle courses, you will find flaws in any weapon you bring, even in a Colt.

If I were Colt, I would not want to be involved in the civilian market either. Think about it. They ship 8,000 rifles to a customer that doesn't care if the reciever has a dent or the delta ring has a shiny spot. If the bolt breaks at 5,000 rounds, Uncle Sam stuffs a new one in it instead of shipping the whole damn thing back east. Uncle Sam doesn't call them to ask stupid questions (at least not as much). Uncle Sams rifles are safe from legislation. Uncle Elmos rifle needs to undergo a mild redesign every ten years so it can still be sold. To top it off, most people don't know a Vulcan from a Colt, so Colt is considered overpriced.

Guess what. Colts are overpriced. They charge an extra fee to deal with retards, and they sell every rifle they have the capacity to make. Sounds like a good business plan to me.

That is why I choose to carry a Colt when my life depends on it. That's everyday.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 4:17:13 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Colt does have a military contract.

Link me to proof, and I'll gladly admit I'm wrong.

But as far as my research uncovered, Colt doesn't.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 4:37:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 4:38:28 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you got a phone number?
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 5:27:37 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
what the hell happened to this? I know alot of people were looking for colts so i mentioned it and this shit starts? Damn is my membership expired yet?
Don't go - love your avitar  
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#48]

"Colt does have a military contract."

"Link me to proof, and I'll gladly admit I'm wrong.  But as far as my research uncovered, Colt doesn't."

From Colt Defense website:www.colt.com/mil/news.asp

From fall 2002 to today, government quality deficiency reports for the M4 have been nearly non-existent. Additionally, from fall 2002, U.S.Government inspectors at the Colt plant have overseen the firing of nearly 4 million endurance rounds with only three endurance gun failures.

April 2, 2007
Army Position on the M4 Carbine - Soldiers Battlefield Weapon of Choice

The M4 Carbine is the Army's primary individual combat rifle for Infantry, Ranger, and Special Operations forces. Since its introduction in 1991, the M4 carbine has proven its worth on the battlefield because it is accurate, easy to shoot and maintain. The M4's collapsible stock and shortened barrel make it ideal for Soldiers operating in vehicles or within the confines associated with urban terrain. The M4 has been improved numerous times and employs the most current technology available on any rifle/carbine in general use today.

The M4 is the highest-rated weapon by Soldiers in combat, according to the Directorate of Combat Development, Ft. Benning, Ga. In December 2006, the Center for Naval Analysis conducted a "Soldiers' Perspective on Small Arms in Combat" survey. Their poll of over 2,600 Soldiers reported overwhelming satisfaction with the M4. The survey included serviceability and usefulness in completing assigned missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Similar to its programs ensuring the best body armor, armored tactical-wheeled vehicles, and force protection equipment for its fighting force, the Army continues to improve its capabilities to ensure our Soldiers are protected and best able to continue to execute any assigned mission. The U.S. Army Infantry Center is conducting a study to refine the Army's Small Arms Strategy, which focuses on the employment of rifles, carbines, ammunition caliber, and future technologies. All Services are participating in this study, which is expected in the July/August 2007 timeframe.

The Army has approximately 225,000 M4/M4A1 carbines in the inventory, with more procurement programmed.

Link to the government site and read the position paper on the Colt M4 Carbine

www.army.mil/-newsreleases/2007/03/29/2471-army-position--m4-carbine-is-soldiers-battlefield-weapon-of-choice/
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 6:05:53 AM EDT
[#49]
whoever vs. whoever...
Why can't we all just get along?
We love our weapons, and are loyal to the brands that have served us well, but let's not cut down the others just to build ours up. The good performance of our favorite brand should speak for itself. And...I don't hate any of them, wether they focus on the soldiers fighting for their lives, our freedom and our safety, instead of me (the way it should be), or wether they have a bad rap here- for someone's customer service issue.
Times change for all of them, Oly could re-tool, and make top tier weapons, Bushy could get a huge contract that saps their production capability, and we (the civilian) have to be put aside, or RRA could have a bad run of a part that causes many failures. In the end we should all be looking for the good in the industry, and understand that no company is evil, and no company is here to be our 'buddy', it's buisness...that is all it is.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 6:08:57 AM EDT
[#50]
"what the hec does the easter bunny have to do with easter anyway?"

Eggs and rabbits are traditional fertility symbols.  These pagan symbols have become a part of the celebration of Easter as a commercial and secular observance.  As a Christian celebration these symbols are not included.  A parallel is the tension that exist between the Christian observance of Christmas and the secular observance of Christmas as a commercial holiday.  Maybe the emphasis on the bunny rabbit and Easter eggs arises from the inability of the commercial marketplace to "reinvent" the Cross of Christ.  It is hard to give a warm and fuzzy feeling to the crucifixion.  HTH.  Sincerely.  Bruce.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top