Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2007 5:50:14 PM EDT
I just bought a Bushmaster Two Stage Trigger and have it installed.  I don't think that it is working like I thought it would.  Could someone please explain how a two stage is actually supposed to work and what it feels like when you are pulling the trigger.  Right now it feels like a REALLY creapy trigger with a somewhat crisp pull at the end, but I am not sure that is how it is supposed to feel.

Help!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2007 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a Bushmaster "CMP" marked AR15, which I bought through the CMP.  It had that d[horrible]m two-stage trigger.  After 60 rounds, it went creepy, and I was never able to adjust it back.  I know of no High Power shooters (High Masters) using the BM 2-stage triggers.  I wish that I could be of more help.

How a two-stage trigger feels.
"The intent is to make the AR trigger "feel" like those of the M1A/M-14 and M-1 Garand (and many other military rifles).  There is a distinct "step" in the trigger squeeze in a two stage vs. a single stage trigger.  The Jewell, and some or all other 2 stage match triggers for the AR, also provide a means to "front load" most of the required weight for Service Rifle competition in the first stage thus allowing the second stage to provide a light release.  Many competition shooters use the first stage of the two stage trigger to "prep" the trigger by taking up most of the release weight as they are obtaining their final sight picture.  The lighter "pull" of the 2d stage (if so set) allows less disturbance of the sight picture and a "surprise shot"."

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top