AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2006 2:28:14 AM EDT
??
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 2:34:33 AM EDT
[#1]
5 views and no one ahs an answer eh
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 2:36:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think you can delete the whole thread but you can edit it to get rid of the 9mm and 22 part and just ask the question what twist is more appropriate for whatever type of shooting you plan on doing.

So look at the buttons at the bottom of your first post and click the edit button. You may want to also unclick your email so folks can email you answers or give you information that may not be appropriate for a thread like I was trying to do.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 2:38:25 AM EDT
[#3]
just want the threads i have to be only educational
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 3:07:10 AM EDT
[#4]
No worries. I assume the post you are referring to is the one about the 1:7-1:9 twist. You just gotta know the way it was written was it looked lke you thought the twist rate meant you could fire different calibers through it. If you are a newbie that is ok in my opinion since there is probably so much BS rumor about the AR15/M16 system than any other weapon. It actually gets humorous.

In short the twist rate spins the bullet faster or slower as it goes down range. Imagine a football going through the air if it has a nice tight spiral it goes farther and is more accurate. Same thing with a bullet. That is the basic of it.

1:7 makes it spin faster and is appropriate and that is good for certain types of rounds

1:9 spins a bit slower (still extremely fast) and MIGHT better for some types of rounds/shooting.

Someone suggested Ammo Oracle which is one of the finest pieces of gun literature I have seen. The guy who wrote that should get an award. Or at least 3 weeks in the Carribean with a bunch of hot strippers.

I am sure no one meant anything bad in their responses generally the folks on this board are VERY helpful and honestly look forward to help new folks get in to the game so to speak. They are tryul good men and women so read and research use the search function most questions you have someone has asked. the search feature is lacking on here sometimes so try different search strings.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#5]
The delete button was taken away. Used to have it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The delete button was taken away. Used to have it.

I miss that button.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I think you are getting some better responses in this thread now that we are beginning to understand that you have some limited knowledge on the subject of firearms and AR-15's.

Please do not be embarassed if you do not know even the most basic information.

No one here was born with gun knowledge, as much as we might like to pretend that we were.  You just need to give a bit of information on how limited your knowledge is before leaving a post for just anyone to answer.

I was raised in California before all of the anti-gun madness, and left for the military just as things were getting really bad.  I was fortunate enough to have been raised by Texan parents who had some gun knowledge and passed it along. They also enrolled me in an NRA marksmanship camp during the summers.  I doubt that such oportunities are that wide spread in CA anymore.

I used to hang out at an indoor pistol range after school, and one of the best things I did there was listen, and ask a lot of questions.  Many of the questions were obviously out of complete ignorance, but I learned a lot, and i found out shooters are pretty patient peole and very willing to pass on knowledge to keep the sport and the right alive in our country.

Bottom line don't be afraid to ask questions, just let folks know that the reason you ask is because you don't know.  Ya just can't learn if ya don't ask or search for the answer yourself.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#8]
You have to get permission from the Goat people.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sure if you PM one of the mods and tell them who's troll account this is then you will have no problems with starting threads you want to delete.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 12:54:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
??

If I were you I would want to delete threads too...  my god man.... what is your major malfunction?  
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:04:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:26:35 AM EDT
[#13]
The mods delete threads.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Not an AR Topic.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top