Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2006 3:54:16 PM EDT
i dont want a handle, i just want the rail for looks, but can i still hold that part where the cone use d to be ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  However, the rail will get hot under sustained fire.  You might want to look into grip panels to put on the rail.
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
can  i get a pic to see what your talking about ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]

IMO KAC panels are the best, others will be along proporting their covers.

Oh yeah, and putting your hand on a rail without a cover is like putting your hand on a cheese grater.
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
i73.photobucket.com/albums/i239/tholl223/IMG_0321.jpg

Oh yeah, and putting your hand on a rail without a cover is like putting your hand on a cheese grater.

sweet . what lower and upper ?

how long is ur barrel ? and what kind tip is that ? do they have barrel tips like that but thicker /fatter ?

is that a rail?! rail with panels ? fuckin nice. sorry im a noob thanks for ur help
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Cone thing? Are you referring to the delta ring? Original Furniture ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]
yes i am. thanks.

can u answer the quetions i aksed the other guy ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i73.photobucket.com/albums/i239/tholl223/IMG_0321.jpg

how long is ur barrel ? and what kind tip is that ? do they have barrel tips like that but thicker /fatter ?

is that a rail?! rail with panels ? fuckin nice. sorry im a noob thanks for ur help

Looks like a regular new manufacture AR15 lower, with a Magpul MIAD grip and Ace stock.

Looks like a A4 flattop upper with an EOTech and flip up rear and front backup iron sights.  Looks like a 16 inch M4-cut military profile barrel.  That is a rail system with panels.  Knights Armament Company panels, as was said above.  I can't identify the type of rail system from this picture.  Can't ID the flash hider either.

Magazine looks like new manufacture USGI with Magpul.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 3:22:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

This was my first, but not my best.  It is a Grizzly LAR15 lower, M&A Parts Upper.  The rail is the Oly Carbine Firsh, with Knights Panels.  It is a 16" M4 barrel with Phantom FH on it.  I have since gotten rid of the Ace Stock and put a Vltor Clubfoot on it.  Although I do have a Magpul CTR in the mail.

Link Posted: 10/20/2006 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

This was my first, but not my best.  It is a Grizzly LAR15 lower, M&A Parts Upper.  The rail is the Oly Carbine Firsh, with Knights Panels.  It is a 16" M4 barrel with Phantom FH on it.  I have since gotten rid of the Ace Stock and put a Vltor Clubfoot on it.  Although I do have a Magpul CTR in the mail.

pick of it wit hthe phantom FH and the clubfoot stock ? pick of the other better one ??hesorry im a noob
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I am not trying to be a dick, but can you type in english. I can barely understand what you are trying to type.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Bigger-bullet,

In order for us to help you with your questions, it may be helpful to use the correct terminology.

Here is a good start.

parts guide
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not tying to give you a hard time Bigger-Bullet, I'm having ahard time figuring out what you're getting at. Please state what you mean in the proper terms & someone or myself would be glad to assist......
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#13]
its the flash suppressor/hider on the end of the barrel

do they sell designs where its just made fatter/ thicker ( i think that would look alot better)
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes the thing on the end of the barrel is called a Flash Hider (FH). Now what is it that you want to know?

Ok, I think I understand now.

Yes, there is a "bigger/fatter" FH, it is called a Noveske KX3 aka Kink Brake.

Honestly, you need to read/lurk around this sight, and learn the terminology.

Link Posted: 10/20/2006 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Are you old enough to own a rifle Bigger_bullet?
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#16]
airsofter....
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Are you old enough to own a rifle Bigger_bullet?
I'm wondering too, sorry but I just finished reading this other thread of yours.......www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=35995 . Are you serious?
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Ah give him a brake. Got to start someplace and he is from CA. Bigger bulliet. Read,Read and Read some more. No one is makeing fun of you. My english skills are not all that they should be. Could not conjagate a verb if it came up and bit me in the ass. Just keep at it we will talk you though And wellcome to the world of ar15.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Bullshit.

I smell a douchebag.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Bullshit.

I smell a douchebag.

And I think your being too optimistic.

Something is not right with this.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes give him a break.  Most of today's younger adults grew up sending text messages on their cell phones and they probably don't realize that the text message lingo is not understood by us old farts.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Bullshit.

I smell a douchebag.
 "idiot savant"
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#24]
for the noveske flash hider ...

what does this review mean
One problem with 10.5\" and shorter M-16/AR-15 barrels is a great amount of concussion is produced which can upset the shooter, and his team, especially indoors.

so is he talking about the force of the recoil? what is the best type of flash hider to have ? or is it just what it is ... is there any flash hider that kinda acts like a silencer also but isnt classified as one ?

my bad for the obscure questions
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Bullet, be honest here.

Who is your daddy and what does he do?
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I think to start Keep it simple. Being in ca. I would check into what you can legaly have on your rifles. I know they are selling striped lowers again but from what I have read you might be suprised as to what you have to do to make them into leagal rifle. Shuch as no pistol grip and a fixed 10rd mag. So you might want to start there. The flash hider may also not be allowed. On a Ar type rifle I personaly like the std. A2 if the barrel is 16in or longer. But I would read up on the state laws and check out the Hometown foarms for more answers as to what you can have in Ca. First before you start writeing checks. But keep at it. Got to start some were.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
or do you mean do all slides LOCK back?

hmm... lock back or moves back to eject shells and load bullets..

does the slide lock back also ?  what is locking back... to cock the gun ?

ive heard not all guns cock should be cocked back to load and that the hammer should be used... is this true or just for certain ones ?

Quoted:
the benefit of the doubt.  im a nb

gallery.the-ac.net/albums/uploaded/EnglishMotherfucker.jpg
ARFCOM is ten times funnier after I just drank a 40 & a fifth of wisky!
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
for the noveske flash hider ...

what does this review mean
One problem with 10.5\" and shorter M-16/AR-15 barrels is a great amount of concussion is produced which can upset the shooter, and his team, especially indoors.

so is he talking about the force of the recoil? what is the best type of flash hider to have ? or is it just what it is ... is there any flash hider that kinda acts like a silencer also but isnt classified as one ?

my bad for the obscure questions

Doesn't matter anyways. The Noveske Flash Hider was made for SBR's (Short Barreled Rifles) which you can't own in your state. You can't have a Rifle/Carbine with a Flash Hider or the threads the Flash Hider screws on for the matter. Flash hiders are made to hide the flash from the Shooter so he doesn't become blinded at night.

You could have a crowned Muzzle (Plain Barrel) or a Compensator, but personally I would move out of that Asshole-Cock-Fag state. That state can stick it up their ass because they would need to kill me for my Firearms.

With that Said... Move to a more Pro-Gun state and do ALOT of reading, or Just stay in FagaFornia which will probally Ban Airsoft, Pellet Guns and Paintball too anyways.

Nathan
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
www.kevinholman.com/fun/smartchart.jpg

Quoted:

ARFCOM is ten times funnier after I just drank a 40 & a fifth of wisky!

LMFAO.

Nathan
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#32]
oops i think i quoted the wrong person. that statement was for the guy who said i might be referring to some internal firing mechanism in Uzi's
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Bigger-Bullet, This is How you charge your AR15... Just Pull the "Slide" back :

Nathan
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

niyaso.com/ZeroMemory/nikki/image/20040105000.jpg

Nathan

nobody ruin this, he's got something going here
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Nathan
Yeah, that's exactly how you charge your AR, Bigger-Bullet........I hate it when my thumb gets sore from pulling on that charging handle on the side.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Bigger_bullet,

If you own an AR-15 have you read the owners manual? If not you need to read it before you ask anymore questions. in my opinion I think you will get better feel for the terminology used in describing the parts of your rifle that you have questions about You also may want to consider going to your hometown forum and see if you can find someone in your area to go shooting with that could help educate you a little on your rifle.
 I guarantee you if you spend enough time here on this site reading up on everything you can you will be educated very quickly. In the first year I came to AR15.com I learned more than you could probably imagine about AR's including taking an Armory course on how to assemble a lower receiver from a stripped lower with a parts kit.

Your throwing out a lot of questions all at once that have been answered hundreds of times here so people are going to get tired of hearing them...especially with the fact that you are here and able to look around for yourself and figure a lot of things out on your own like the rest of us all did when we started out in AR rifles.

If your really stuck on something and can't figure it out feel free to e-mail or "IM" me and I'll do my best to answer your questions or point you to a source for answers.

Take care.....

-John
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nathan
Yeah, that's exactly how you charge your AR, Bigger-Bullet........I hate it when my thumb gets sore from pulling on that charging handle on the side.

They Make Enhanced Charging Handles Made for Winter. PagMul calls them "Winter Charging Handles" and Markm HIGHLY recommends them.

Nathan
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:06:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 4:39:05 AM EDT
[#39]
So is gonna get banned yet or are we going to offer him some quiche?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 4:46:56 AM EDT
[#40]
height=8
Quoted:

han

Correction, that is how you charge your AR15 if you have a Left Handed Stag Model, otherwise the Charging handle is on the other side.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Bullet, be honest here.

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

I think Heavy Six is his dad.

Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:44:46 AM EDT
[#42]
HAHAHA the "cone thing", the "tip thing".  Holy shit this dude is retarded.  And yeah he is most likely a troll.  And his pistol slide question was just as good as this one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#43]
i love pulling back my left handed forward assist to charge my rifle.

video games rule
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:54:17 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
i love pulling back my left handed forward assist to charge my rifle.

video games rule

Me too man, me too.

Nathan
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:04:55 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Ah give him a brake. Got to start someplace and he is from CA. Bigger bulliet. Read,Read and Read some more. No one is makeing fun of you. My english skills are not all that they should be. Could not conjagate a verb if it came up and bit me in the ass. Just keep at it we will talk you though And wellcome to the world of ar15.

Uhh, 3 days and 30 posts.  All troll type.
Engrish aside, it's not looking good.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#46]
your threads
30 in less thanna week
Wheredahellizdamods
this shit is damn well old

never said I was a poet
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#47]
enough already
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top