AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Still the Short Dot has some of the best features among any of them, like the accesible locking turrets and the ability to turn the reticule off at every half step of the power knob.

I guess the idea there is that if you're on setting 8 or whatever, you can turn it off with one click and when you turn it back on, you're immediately on setting 8 again?
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I really hate all of you that contributed to this post! [edited]
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I really hate all of you that contributed to this post!

If you don't I am sure many of us would like to know where we can get it at.
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#5]
LEO / Mil only price.  And that info shouldn't have been posted on a public forum.

Semper Fi,
Jeff

Link Posted: 3/12/2007 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't mean to offend anyone. I just talked to a friend in the states. He said that he had one NIB that he bought for himself and decided to go another route. He offered it to me at that price and I was just looking for a little push from you guys to convince me to go for it. He is associated with LE in the states and after reading USMC03's post I decided to edit my above posting. Not sure if that is how he obtained it but in any case  I'd rather not stir up anything on the boards. Again I apologize. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Shit, I've been offered them for less than that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Kevin or Jeff,

Does the LaRue 1.93 put the glass at the same height as a Aimpoint in a LaRue 150? How does this set-up work if you shoot NTCH? Or will you need the "extended" mount?

Have you guys heard anymore about the new NF 1-4x that is supposed to have a lit reticle like the S&B?
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Kevin or Jeff,

Does the LaRue 1.93 put the glass at the same height as a Aimpoint in a LaRue 150? How does this set-up work if you shoot NTCH? Or will you need the "extended" mount?

Have you guys heard anymore about the new NF 1-4x that is supposed to have a lit reticle like the S&B?

S1,

I run nose to charging handle:

And as you can see I have the SPR-E mount as far forward on the flat top as it will go and have the Short Dot as far forward in the SPR-E mount as it will go.  I find that I need the "extended" mount.

I have zero experience with the 1.93 mount.  I'm pretty sure Kevin has run / is running the 1.93 mount.

I have heard nothing but rumors about the new lit reticle in the NF 1-4x scope.

Take care and stay safe,
Jeff
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
KevinB & USMC03, I have a PVS-14 and have used it head mounted with good results in combination with an 552 Eotech on the NVG setting.  Have either of you used the S&B in combo with the PVS-14?  I have an IR laser, but just as far as looking throught the scope on 1x with the red dot on an IR setting, can you make out enough of the target area to be able to shoot that way?  I have an ACOG and because of it being 4x, everything is distorted, and I was wondering if you get this distortion on the low power with the S&B.   Awesome rigs, by the way guys.

Hootie,

I don't run a PVS-14, sorry I couldn't help you out.

Semper Fi,
Jeff

Link Posted: 3/12/2007 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Where did you get the flash supressor for it? That's pretty nice......and I want one...can you buy it separate from the sound supressor?

Quoted:
I recently upgraded the optics on my duty LE6920's.

Over the years I have been in search of the "perfect" optic.

In a SWAT setting 75% of the missions are CQB and the other 25% can range from permiter work, to overwatch on a VIP detail, to searching large warehouses or schools, etc.

SWAT missions can often be dynamic in nature.  One minute you can find yourself on a permiter trying to see if the barricaded gunman standing in the window has a gun or a cell phone in his hand, and the next minute you're being picked up as part of the entry team.  On other missions you may find yourself sitting across a large parking lot covering a buy / bust operation, the bad guy goes mobile and now your part of a vehicle take down.

In short there are times where an electronic red dot rules the day and other times where a magnified optic is more desirable.

I have tried magnifiers, a few variable powered optics, etc, etc, etc.  I had issues with everything that I tried.

A couple requirements that I have in any optic that I use for duty:

-Lit reticle that can be seen in bright day light (this knocked out some optics like the MR/T M2 1.5-5)

-Very little distortion on the lowest power (this knocked out most optics that had the lowest setting at 1.25x and higher)

-Have close to the same speed with the optic as I did an Aimpoint.

I have tried most of what is on the market and after doing much research (thanks to the Lightfighter members who took the time to answer my many questions) I settled on the S&B Short Dot and after training with it for the last month I'm very satisfied with it:

Not perfect, but damn close

www.coloradoshooting.org/usmc03%206920b%201%20sized.jpg

www.coloradoshooting.org/usmc03%206920%20s2%20sized.jpg

www.coloradoshooting.org/usmc03%206920b%20%203%20sized.jpg

www.coloradoshooting.org/usmc03%206920%20s5%20sized.jpg

www.coloradoshooting.org/usmc03%206920b%205%20sized.jpg

www.coloradoshooting.org/usmc03%206920x2%20sized.jpg

Link Posted: 3/12/2007 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How new is it?  I saw the one they had at Shot and it seemed pretty bright, but it also wasn't outdoors in the sunlight.
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#13]

How new is it?  I saw the one they had at Shot and it seemed pretty bright, but it also wasn't outdoors in the sunlight.

The "tech director dude", yes that's an official title, on hand at SHOT, said that the display models were NOT the newest illumination intensity -- FWIW....
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Perhaps it was mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but how much does a Short Dot run? You have one nice setup USMC03!
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#15]
about $2200-$2300 is retail
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Where did you get the flash supressor for it?

www.gem-tech.com

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top