Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2006 10:25:11 AM EDT
Anyone have any words on ar's from model1sales.com?

I see they sell the kits very cheap.  Does this mean, you get what you pay for?

LMK

Thanks,

GodfreeK
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I was looking at their barrels. Any good? Who makes them? Wilson?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure.  They look nice though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I have made a bunch of ARs from their kits. They work just fine. The only problem I have ever had was with their6.8mm SPC barrels which are out of spec. For a 5.56mm kit, they are just fine. they shoot straight and they work. Make sure you get the chrome lined.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks g136653 for the info.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I belive there website says  they are E.R. Shaw barrels.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#6]
they are shaw, i have built them alot, no problems, my personal m4  i built shoots under 1 moa
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I might get an upper from them to use with a model 1 lower.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

model 1 lower?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I built a 16" from one of thier upper.

Accurate enough for me and goes bang every time I pull the trigger.

Fit and finish was great and the price was right.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

model 1 lower?

WHOOPS! Sorry. I meant upper. They sell the cheapest uppers dont they? $300 for a chrome lined 16" CAR complete assembeled upper. I cant think of a cheaper one. Are there any out there worth a damn?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#11]

I've got two Model 1 uppers, and haven't had any problems.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

model 1 lower?

WHOOPS! Sorry. I meant upper. They sell the cheapest uppers dont they? $300 for a chrome lined 16" CAR complete assembeled upper. I cant think of a cheaper one. Are there any out there worth a damn?

Actually, there chromelined upper without B/BC/CH is $335. With bolt group the price is $420.
Not that much cheaper than some other options out there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had two complete uppers from them.  The first I had to repeatedly polish the chamber to get it to work.  It never worked with the bolt it came with.  The second one they forgot to instal the front site post pins.  I would classify the company as sub par and now will only purchase non critical parts from them (not actually part of the gun)
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Actually, there chromelined upper without B/BC/CH is $335. With bolt group the price is $420.

Ahhh. Shoulf of known. So what is the cheapest totally essembled price out there?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Model 1 sales is good to deal with. I have built one rifle useing their upper assembly and it is great. As for cheapest, I think they are, but from what I see alot of M4 style uppers are a close match in price these days, their other uppers I think are alot cheaper than most tho.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Ive seen dpms kits on gunbroker for as low as $495

I really appreciate all of your opinions and comments.

I have a friend looking to build his first ar and I was trying to lead him in a direction of something he will be happy with for a good price.

I would like to try one of their barrels though or
I am trying to swap my wilson 11.5/5.5 barrel with a 20" hbar.  Any takers?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I am going to buy from Model1Sales.  Whats the difference between their "normal" and their "ban compliant" category?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahhh. Shoulf of known. So what is the cheapest totally essembled price out there?

I think they are the cheapest, but Eagle Firearms has some of their house brand for $429. Eagle is a great company to do business with.
Also, M&A Parts has some uppers in that range, but w/out chrome. Also, M&A's reputation around here isn't the best.
I'm looking at an Eagle superlight as my next upper.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:59:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pete at legal transfers has RRA uppers for $419.00 shipped.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:43:21 AM EDT
[#20]
My first build was a EM-4 from Moled 1. Wanted a chrome lined barrel with Phantom flashider their add says is not available on chrome lined barrels. Well they machined the barrel and installed the flashider and called me at home to make sure all would be acceptable and told me if it didn't meet my specifactions to send it back. Can't find any fault with that. The gun fit & finish were nice and it is very accurate. I do think you will want to get a NM trigger that is better then military specs.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah Eagle has some good prices, but they offer just complete uppers.  Model one, however has full kits less strippe lower for around the same price as Eagles complete uppers.

That looks like a good deal
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I now have TWO new favorites: Model 1 Sales & the 7.62X39 AR kit gun I got from them!

First, the gun: Kit included everything except the stripped lower.  I used a RRA lower for the build.  The uppr came complete with bolt & carrier.  They substituted M-4 hand guards and a solid A2 stock, per my request.  The kit went together nearly flawlessly.  And the damned thing is just 'dead-nuts' accurate.  And, the 10 rnd mags they sell are 100% reliable AS LONG AS YOU DON'T GET GREEDY & TRY FOR 11 rds!  Not sure why - 10 rnd: cake!  11 rds: FTF 2-4 times per mag full!

Second: Model 1 Sales: Yesterday, I was putting some rounds down the little thing when I had a FTF.  As indicated above, 11 rds buys you problems.  Well, I had only 10 rds in the mag.  I racked the charging handle, still not picking up the cartridge.  I started looking closely!  The mag catch had fractured and fallen out, releasing the mag.  I e-mailed Model 1 - they have a new mag catch in the mail to me TODAY!!!  Now that's the way to do business!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a M1S upper and 24" barrel.  I really like it and would buy their product again.  From what I understand they are E.R. Shaw barrels.hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I bought a 24" fluted Varmint upper from them and decided I wanted a fluted free floating handguard instead of the knerled (sp?) but didn't see the option when I ordered. I called them up and said no problem. I had a tracking number by the time I got home.

I have read bad reviews about them on several forums but my experience has been great!! When I decided to add a Harris bipod to my rig, I called and asked how to do it with that fluted handguard and they offered to drill, tap and install a swivel stud for me just for the price of return shipping :)
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:38:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Made in Mexico
waiting for the SS........
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't know about anyone else, but I ordered my Model 1 kit on a Tuesday morning and had it sitting on my doorstep after work that Friday.  Service like that gets my business.  And the fit and finish are first class.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I've got 17 builds from them done and working on my 19th as we speak
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
..  The mag catch had fractured and fallen out, releasing the mag.  I e-mailed Model 1 - they have a new mag catch in the mail to me TODAY!!!  Now that's the way to do business!!!

Yeah sell sub standard non stressed parts that break and turn your rifle into a club.  Yeah that's the way to do business.

Glad it didn't happen at a class, or while hunting, or even while defening your life...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
..  The mag catch had fractured and fallen out, releasing the mag.  I e-mailed Model 1 - they have a new mag catch in the mail to me TODAY!!!  Now that's the way to do business!!!

Yeah sell sub standard non stressed parts that break and turn your rifle into a club.  Yeah that's the way to do business.

Glad it didn't happen at a class, or while hunting, or even while defening your life...

Like this cant happen with any other manufacturer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#30]
I built my M1S 20" varmiter 3 weeks ago.  Couldn't be happier fast shipping no problems with assy.  I have only tested out to 100yards on paper and shoots -.5MOA and will hit a 4.5X11.5 steel avery time at 500yards.  I can say buy a diffrent trigger group, theirs is really bad like 9.2lbs. bad and is not smooth at all. I figured that the money saved on the kit will buy one hell of a trigger job.   One way to look at it is that any one selling/making a firearm on that scale isn't and or cant afford to sell something that is complete junk, they wouldn't last long at all.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top