Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/23/2006 10:40:13 PM EDT
It seems to me that there's an infinite supply of black KAC Vertical Grips.  They're everywhere!  They're so abundant, most of the time they sell for $25.

But, the lesser known OD Green and Coyote versions seem to be produced in much smaller quantities.  So small, in fact, that I can't find an OD one for the life of me!

I realize that Black is sort of the universal AR15 colour, and that any accessories produced are initially produced in black, then in the others, but come on!  With everyone and their dog painting their rifles tan, all the gear in coyote, and new colours like "Dark Earth", you'd think you'd see more of the offshoot coyote and OD KAC vert grips, and less of the traditional black.

I dunno, just my observation.  And please, if you know where I can get a damn OD one, tell me!

[/rant]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Here ya go: OperationParts.com

Scroll down, they have them in OD, Tan or Black. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:11:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It seems to me that there's an infinite supply of black KAC Vertical Grips.  They're everywhere!  They're so abundant, most of the time they sell for $25.

Be careful where you get them. They may be airsoft knock offs that's why they are cheap. The knock offs have the KAC logo on them too.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Eye-spy,
How can you tell the difference then?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Do the airsofts have the other markings besides the logo?

I have one of the older Vero Beach versions.

Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]
man those are expensive...  I love KAC gear.  Have quite a few items myself, I just hate the premium that they demand...  BRD's a bitch
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Eye-spy,
How can you tell the difference then?

It is really hard to say at a glance.

Give me a day or two to get an airsoft knock off. It's just PHP 500.00  (roughly $10) here. Then let me whip out my camera and take a few pictures for comparison.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do the airsofts have the other markings besides the logo?

I have one of the older Vero Beach versions.

Just curious.

They have the logo at the front of the VFG and, the markings "Knights Armaments ...." at the back. I can't recall exactly..

Let me get one for reference.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:40:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Here you go ... tell me which you think is the real deal and which is the fake.

[Edited: Pls. refer to Redfishers post.]

EGAD! SORRY FOR THE VERY LARGE FILE !!!

If anybody could pls. resize it for me, I will take the pictures down when someone can post a smaller pic. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:48:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Hard to believe someone would so blatantly fake these

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:57:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank's redfisher.

The original KAC is the one on the right.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#11]
How can you tell?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
 And please, if you know where I can get a damn OD one, tell me!

I got mine from Wes at MSTN.biz.  Wes is a long time ARFcom member/vendor and always has the 'good stuf'.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How can you tell?

I would like to know too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I say we notify KAC to stop communist airsofter toy mfgs making knock off look-alike things with the KAC logos etc. Unles KAC likes royalty fees paid to them....
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#15]
tag. difficult to tell from the picture.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, mine's black and came out of a KAC box. After that it was on my OIF 1 rifle.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#17]
The actual KAC grip is the one on the right. The only way I can tell from the photos is the two little circles at the top on the back side with the writing. The fake is pretty good though. Is it as durable as the KAC?

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Are they made out of the same plastic? Why pay $50 for one when the $10 copy works just as well?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Do the new ones say "Vero Beach, FL"
I have one that came with an M5 that just says "Knight's Armament Co.", with the logo on the front.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#20]
well i dont mind using cheap crappy plastic ones if they work "as well".. but the part that gets me is they "fkin' copied the name and logo.. only reason to do this is they dont have to build up any reputation for quality or functionality..  i dont mind if you make knockoffs.. ie. the tacpoints/red dot stuff..but dont call it Aimpoint M3 or a Trijicon ACOG and deceive me into thinking it's one thing when it is something different..

The reason I pay $50 bucks for the real KAC VFG is cause I trust the name and KNOW it's going to work.  The imitation knockoff may work just as well, but I dont have any real* assurance of that.. I would hate to think i bought a real one only to find out later that was sold to me was an imitation...  

Im a firm believer in the sayings- "buy cheap, buy twice" or "you get what you pay for"  

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Do the new ones say "Vero Beach, FL"
I have one that came with an M5 that just says "Knight's Armament Co.", with the logo on the front.

The new ones should say Titusville, FL
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#22]
One thing i noticed about my KAC grips--i have two--is that the nipple part that locks into the rails is pretty frail, as one would expect from plastic on metal.  There was a comment on lightfighter's forum from an enduser that would break the posts when doing muzzle strikes.

This is a complete hijack, but have you considered these:

sogarmory.com/ProductsList1.aspx?CategoryID=50&Selection=11&IDX=1

Comes in colors, and a metal nipple rather than plastic.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The actual KAC grip is the one on the right. The only way I can tell from the photos is the two little circles at the top on the back side with the writing. The fake is pretty good though. Is it as durable as the KAC?

hr

Both of them has the circle mold lines.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hr

Not in the photo posted by Redfisher. I am talking about the two 1/4 inch circles at the top next to the slot that goes on the rail. They are just visible in the photo. I have three of the KAC grips, all of which came in a KAC box with instructions, these all have the little injection mold marks in that location. You must have thought I was speaking of the many lines encircling the grip.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#26]
TO ALL,

It is hard to tell which is the real deal and which is the copy by looking and even handling both grips. I would even go on to add that I would guess that most of the guys would pick the fake as the original.
Why? Because in comparing both VFG's, it would seem that the airsoft fake is "cleaner" than the original KAC. The molding lines were less obvious.

As for the material used, I would assume that the copy is less durable. HOWEVER, as I stated earlier, even if you examine it closely, it will be hard to tell the difference.

CONCLUSION: Buy from a reputable shop. Buy it in its original packaging / box. If the price offered for the real mc coy is too good to be true ... it probably is NOT true.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now all we need is a Revolution!  

Not in the photo posted by Redfisher. I am talking about the two 1/4 inch circles at the top next to the slot that goes on the rail. They are just visible in the photo. I have three of the KAC grips, all of which came in a KAC box with instructions, these all have the little injection mold marks in that location. You must have thought I was speaking of the many lines encircling the grip.

I can see them on my monitor.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone have one that doesn't say "vero beach" or "titusville", I'm pretty sure mine is real since it came with the M5 [which does say "titusville", and the pouch with rails, I did buy it from someone here on the board and not a dealer.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#29]
I have one (same style just not KAC) I got from www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR328-3369-1888.html for 15 dollars and it has held up REAL well
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Does anyone have one that doesn't say "vero beach" or "titusville", I'm pretty sure mine is real since it came with the M5 [which does say "titusville", and the pouch with rails, I did buy it from someone here on the board and not a dealer.

No worries there. I am pretty certain you have the real deal. KAC did come out with those HG + panels + VFG sets that come in a pouch.

My original VFG (the one pictured on the right) is the "older" version with the "Vero Beach" address.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#31]
My grip only has the front logo.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a VFG that came with my RAS M5 "kit" for the military. It has only a logo at the front and "Knight's Armament Co." on the opposite side.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#33]
KAC has actually licenses airsoft companies to produce their complete rifles and accesories. Tokyo Marui, the "real deal" airsoft company has gotten licenses from them to produce their RIS, SR-16 etc, and hence why their stuff has all the markings.

Funny thing though, there are knocks of knock offs as well.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top