Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2006 3:48:26 PM EDT
Have tried different muzzle do dads to get a 14.5" M4 barrel to a bit past 16".  Have recently discovered the Sabre Defence extra long A2 muzzle do dad thingy.  I really like it.  Here are pics of different set ups.  Note most of these pics were taken for other purposes, and I had to crop down, so some are fuzzy:

Factory set up:

Knight's, with a Ron Smith Jam nut, and a stack of peel washers:

USGI, with a Ron Smith Jam nut, an A1 split washer, and a stack of peel washers:

Phantom:

Sabre Defence:

Did not like the Phantom, could not get use to it's appearance.  

Have  used the Ron Smith jam nut along with USGI flash suppressors, and the KAC for years. Really like the appearance, but the flash suppresser does not have much bite, in that they are not threaded on far.

Just installed the Sabre Defence set up the other night, like the Phantom they are easier to get on secure in that they are one piece, and unlike the Phantom they look right.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good!

I wonder if the ultimate would be an SD style that has a slightly thicker "wrench band"
and a slightly shorter f/h...kind of splitting the difference...?

But would that mess up any bayo attachment?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looks good!

I wonder if the ultimate would be an SD style that has a slightly thicker "wrench band"
and a slightly shorter f/h...kind of splitting the difference...?

But would that mess up any bayo attachment?

Agreed, and that would work find with a bayo.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Ekie,

If you like the look of the A2, but need to get the barrel length up to 16", take a look at the Gem-Tech Bi-Loc.  Here's a pic:

Sorry the pic doesn't show the bi-loc all that well, but if you like the look of an A2, the bi-loc looks sharp on a 14.5" barrel.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ekie,

If you like the look of the A2, but need to get the barrel length up to 16", take a look at the Gem-Tech Bi-Loc.  Here's a pic:

www.coloradoshooting.org/70p6920swat4.jpg

Sorry the pic doesn't show the bi-loc all that well, but if you like the look of an A2, the bi-loc looks sharp on a 14.5" barrel.

Those are very nice, just don't look enough like USGI for my tastes.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Bought my jam nuts from Ron Smith direct.  The are supposed to be used with his brake:

www.smithenterprise.com/products07.html
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a couple of the SDI extended A2 FHs from Talon Arms a while back.  I think they look real sharp on 14.5 in barrels, and from the pics on Talon's website, the appear well machined as well.  One of these days when I get home, I'll get the chance to have one permanently installed on an upper.

Thanks for the nice pics Ekie.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Ekie,

Do you have any pics of the complete carbine (the one with the Sabre Defense flash hider), I would like to show them to a friend who is considering one for a new project he has going.  I've got a couple enroute for some upcoming projects.

Thanks

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ekie,

Do you have any pics of the complete carbine (the one with the Sabre Defense flash hider), I would like to show them to a friend who is considering one for a new project he has going.  I've got a couple enroute for some upcoming projects.

Thanks

Sure right here, but it is a beater:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=270875
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#9]
So all of these get you to 16.

You mention a stack of peel washers with the KAC. Did you just stack them until you got 16"?

I like the look of the Sabre as it does not appear as awkward as the KKF model of similar application -and would go that route if looking for a 14.5 build up/out.

thanks

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Reading is fundamental on my part......Edit to erase my response.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top