Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2006 6:46:44 AM EDT
 Well, I went to SAW yesterday and bought my upgrade lowers for my SP1 and SP2 upgrade projects.  My uppers are in also but I havn't gone to pick those up yet so I have only been able to complete PHASE ONE of my SP1 rifle upgrade.  So far I built up a new LE Colt lower and added one of the CDNN M16A1 buttstock kits to that lower.  As of now the upper and lower are mismatched....but not for long.  Once Iget my C7 uppers and hook up with a buddy of mine I'll be switching out the upper which should match fairly closely.

Here is my progress so far:

That was before

Here is after:

No more pesky screw and adaptor!!!!  YEAH!!!!  

Lower went together super smooth and the triger is decent.  A bit heavy but crisp.

Can't wait to redo the upper!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
tag for the night folks
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks great!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks great!!!!

thank ya...wait till I am done!!!!    they should be finished next week...probably around Friday morning....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#4]
looking good!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:00:34 AM EDT
[#5]
thankee!!!!  more to come...I still have the carbine to do yet also....
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#6]
nice very nice. Keep us up to date
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#7]
OKay, the C7 uppers are here, and they match GORGEOUSLY!!!  I will do some pics tomorrow....I haven't assembled them yet but nonetheless they look great!!!

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's the pic of the SP2 carbine ( the parts donor ) and the NEW Colt LE lower with a Fulton Armory C7 upper.  Everything else will come from the original carbine upper and go to the new upper:

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#9]
What is an SP2? Was it used by Americans?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Can I have your SP2???
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:12:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, in an odd turn of events, the Carbine is done first.  Went over like clockwork as far as the disassembly and re-assembly goes.

Here's a pic the top carbine is a 6520.  Hoping to do the SP1 rifle today.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What is an SP2?  

Exact same thing as an SP1.......only different.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:26:44 AM EDT
[#13]
That is a killer look D-moon!

SP 2.0

two thumbs up!!

eta: It just occurred to me how nice it must be to live driving distance from your genuine Colt parts. web sales help, but nothing like "right now" when it comes to tinkering.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:21:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice Carbine, I like.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That is a killer look D-moon!

SP 2.0

two thumbs up!!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/picture41.gifimg.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/picture41.gif

eta: It just occurred to me how nice it must be to live driving distance from your genuine Colt parts. web sales help, but nothing like "right now" when it comes to tinkering.

Thanks for the compliments, guys.  I am hoping the test fire next week goes as well as the assembly.  With the exception of the whole charging handle bit, everything else is absolutely superb and the current charging handles will do.  Fit and finish of the uppers is great!!!  Absolutely splendid assembly and really smooth test operation.  Still, geniune C7 or Colt stuff would have been even better.

Lemme tell ya, living 10 minutes from SAW Sales is like being ten years old and living down the street from Santa Claus....it also helps to have lots of very good friends in the hobby and in the industry.

A tip of the hat to the following:

SAW Sales ( Tina is the BEST!!!)

Doug, for bench time andtons of help over the past 13 years( thanks, Dude )

Fulton Armory ( thanks to Tim and Clint and the very sweet lady on the phones) for the VERY fast customer service.

AZEX Arms ( Derek, Mike, Annarchy, Gunslinger, etc, ) for more bench time, great service, great work and hilarious conversation for the past six years.

and of course, all of the ARFcommers and Colt Cult Members for great tips, help and info.....and for putting up with me when I went nuts a while back....( those of you who remember my totally inane Commando comment....sorry guys.... )
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#16]
and finally..........DONE!!!! My M16C7+ Rifle clone........

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#17]
tag for nite crew
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#18]
mornin
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top