Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 6:56:10 PM EDT
I'm thinking my next build will be with one of these uppers.  Does anyone have one?  Is the recoil really bad?  Do I need to modify my buffer spring or buffer?  Any info on this setup or any of the others (.243 WSSM or .223 WSSM) would be greatly appreciated?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:06:59 PM EDT
[#1]
^
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
anyone?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I doubt the recoil would be bad. It's a semi auto rifle that should produce pressures similar to a .22-250.

Otherwise, I don't know. You may find better luck getting answers at the Oly Arms Owner forums. www.oa2.org/forums/index.php

I've seen them up close, but I've never shot one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm thinking my next build will be with one of these uppers.  Does anyone have one?  Is the recoil really bad?  Do I need to modify my buffer spring or buffer?  Any info on this setup or any of the others (.243 WSSM or .223 WSSM) would be greatly appreciated?

Contact member  Dtech he builds uppers in the calibers your looking at....also the .25 WSSM

ant
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The recoil is quite mild on all of them.  I shoot a fair amount of factory 120 grain, .25 WSSM rounds for feed/function tests.  They are leaving a 22" barrel at just under 3000 FPS and the recoil is quite mild.

There is no modification necessary for  the lower receiver.  You can switch between .223/5.56 and WSSM in 20 seconds.

The whole line of factory ammunition offered by Winchester for both .223 WSSM and .243 WSSM will fit in the magazine.  From what I understand, (I say this because I have only had the 120 grain loads available to me) the rounds above 110 grain in the .25 WSSM are too long for the magazine.  Like I said, I am using the 120 grain loads for feed/function tests, but I am seating the bullets back about .015".  The accuracy and function has been good, without any signs of excess pressure.

I don't have a lot of experience with the .223 WSSM but the .243 and .25 have proven to be very accurate and feed and function on all of them has been excellent.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top