BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/6/2006 4:10:07 PM EDT
Here are a few pictures.  Everything is made of plastic except the screws and nuts.  I tried to show how it attached as well.  To be honest, while this is a nice add on, I am going to purchase the real thing soon.  The cheek weld is amazing, I didnt realize what I was missing until I got this.

How a regular stock looks before installing anything followed with pictures of how its installed.

Two screws hold in th little plastic blocks, screws screw into metal nuts.

You can see where the stock attaches.

Where the small screws go, not tightened down yet

Done

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice pictures. I got my two yesterday in the mail and they look pretty good. They are a little lighter than I thought they would be, but still pretty sturdy. I have the older style four position stock, and have to remove the top mounted sling mount, before I install the saddle.
Mb
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!!!! Thanks for the pics and the write up. Looks like I might have to get one of these!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine came with only one allen wrench. Says made in Israel on bottom. Seems pretty good for $19.50 shipped.
JR
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Look at the last pic.  My only question is, why didn't they just go ahead and make that one solid piece instead of having 2 "ears" running down the stock?  Seems like it wouldn't grab chin whiskers then, and the worry of the "ears" bending upward would be gone.  I for one would have paid an extra $1.00 in materials to do that.  Maybe it's no biggie, but those are my concerns with this piece.  Can't wait til it shows up.

-X
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Look at the last pic.  My only question is, why didn't they just go ahead and make that one solid piece instead of having 2 "ears" running down the stock?  Seems like it wouldn't grab chin whiskers then, and the worry of the "ears" bending upward would be gone.  I for one would have paid an extra $1.00 in materials to do that.  Maybe it's no biggie, but those are my concerns with this piece.  Can't wait til it shows up.

-X

I don't have one in hand , but I will guess to clear the chraging handle ?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-X

Agree.  Note where it runs laterally across the butttock there's a sloped portion to facilitate this.  If bending or snatching whiskers is a concern, maybe a fine bead of JB Weld is all that's needed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-X

yes, that's the reason. to be able to use the charging handle when the stock is collasped
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Got mine two days ago.  Not bad for 20 bucks.  Good cheek rest!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-X

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Holy shit I got something right .

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Holy shit I got something right .

So you mean you didnt pull that answer out of your ass?  

I hadnt even thought about it until you mentioned it.  I had concluded that it might have been a bitch to install if there was material there meaning less flex to get over the stock.  Maybe it would have even broken.  Who knows.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the idea of it, but I think the silly little lines and letters on the side make it look ghey......
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Yet you have a pink ribbon for an avatar.  Regardless of whats it looks like, the function is for something else, same thing...............

Quoted:
I like the idea of it, but I think the silly little lines and letters on the side make it look ghey......

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope it works for your 4-position stock.

It looks like the dog is reading on the couch in the background of the photo above!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yet you have a pink ribbon for an avatar.  Regardless of whats it looks like, the function is for something else, same thing...............

Quoted:

I guess you dont support breast cancer foundation...
www.nationalbreastcancer.org/
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess you dont support breast cancer foundation...
www.nationalbreastcancer.org/

I guess  you dont understand what was said.  Let me say it one more time.

Regardless of whats it looks like, the function is for something else, same thing...............

Meaning --------------------------------->the pink ribbon looks gay, but the purpose or reaosn it is there is for a different reason, a reason that is good, a reason that has nothing to do with being gay.  Same with the stock.  It may look gay (according to the poster) but it serves a function that works.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Very good info and pics Dace! Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Looks really cheesey and cheap. I bet it will rip right off if you snag it on something.

Another one of those wasted money items instead of just buying the correct stock.

Some suckers never learn.

Ignorance is lack of knowledge about a thing in a being capable of knowing. Fundamentally speaking and with regard to a given object ignorance is the outcome of the limitations of our intellect or of the obscurity of the matter itself.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#22]
tagged for pictures
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks really cheesey and cheap. I bet it will rip right off if you snag it on something.

Another one of those wasted money items instead of just buying the correct stock.

Ignorance is lack of knowledge about a thing in a being capable of knowing. Fundamentally speaking and with regard to a given object ignorance is the outcome of the limitations of our intellect or of the obscurity of the matter itself.

Yes your wasting your money, that's Ignorance. I'm glad you just discovered this. Now maybe you'll spend your hard earned dollars wisely. I'm glad I could help you with this.

Um, spending money on a product that accomplishes exactly what its meant to is not wasting money let alone ignorance.  But maybe in the schools you went to.

This is my rifle, the rifle this stock accesory is mounted to.  If I want to spend the money on a $260 LMT SOPMOD stock I can/will .

But I wanted to try this.  It works.  If you feel the need to attack members again IM me.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:07:49 AM EDT
[#24]
great pics and review! thanks!

damn, sling options cut w/ this thing....

tag
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I like the concept behind this, but I have a couple problems with it. One, as mentioned above, it uses my slot I need for my sling. Two, I'm worried about the lack of security on the front. It bolts on fine in the back apparently, but I would be worried about carrying my carbine tight against my chest ina CQB position, firing, and bringing the gun across the body up to my shoulder. I am worried that there isn't anything that guards the front from snagging on my vest or other pouch or strap as I draw the gun across my body. If it snags, at best it just breaks the unit but at worst keeps me from being able to take the shot I need to. I think this could be solved by closing the two front sides together to keep from spreading, and/or installing something that just goes in front of the two "wings" to not allow something to get in there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Mine came with only one allen wrench.
JR

Mine too.

Question though, do your compartment caps come with an actual O ring on them, difficult to tell from the photos - because mine don't - just hard plastic caps, no sealing O ring.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks like a good product to me, I will have to try it out!

Good review.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:21:56 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Are you basing this on anything other than looking "cheesey"?

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Here is some more pics of the accessory... I think it's great for the price since I am not planning on "buttstroking" anyone with this gun.
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL572/3465896/9036180/125102048.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL572/3465896/9036180/125102137.jpg
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:01:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I finally got up the courage to cut the sling loop of the top of my four-position stock, and mount the saddle to it. I am surprised at how well the saddle fits. It greatly improves the cheek weld, and while there is some movement in the front forks it is minimal, and does not detract from the overall function of the saddle. While it is possible for something, like an equipment strap, to get caught in between the front forks and the stock I don’t thinks it very probable (but one never knows). I do intend to bond the forks to the stock and eliminate this potential problem.  I like the battery compartments, and I added some bead chain to the caps to attach them to the saddle. I keep a spare battery for my Aimpoint in one side, and two spares for my Surefire in the other. I added some foam to the inside of the compartment to keep the flashlight batteries from clunking. Overall, I like this product. About the only detractor to this product is it is not a LMT type stock, but it is certainly worth the money ($20). If it lasts I will update this post to give my impressions in six months.
MB

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:15:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Another vote for "Cheesey" here.

Next folks will be claiming it's just as rugged as an LMT or Vltor.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:47:47 AM EDT
[#32]
i may give this a try...

ive certainly spent 20.00 on dumber thing lol....

and if it works and holds up i just saved any where from 100.00+ to 200.00+ dollars

thats a good thing right?????

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:50:26 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Another vote for "Cheesey" here.

Next folks will be claiming it's just as rugged as an LMT or Vltor.

But notice now one has yet?

Its no where near an LMT or Vltor stock.  But the function is the same, only accomlishes it a little differntly.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:52:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Here is some more pics of the accessory... I think it's great for the price since I am not planning on "buttstroking" anyone with this gun.
pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL572/3465896/9036180/125102048.jpg
pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL572/3465896/9036180/125102137.jpg

I like your cabinets
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you basing this on anything other than looking "cheesey"?

No, its just brand snobbery
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:22:05 AM EDT
[#36]
I think it is a handy accessory and a good first-step toward solving this problem about (stock) stocks.

Hell, it can't be that bad considering the Vltor stocks have notch-fitting, removable cheek pieces that basically fall off under any heavy field use of the rifle. At least these screw-on.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
i may give this a try...

ive certainly spent 20.00 on dumber thing lol....

and if it works and holds up i just saved any where from 100.00+ to 200.00+ dollars

thats a good thing right?????

Well that's nearly 2000 rounds of Wolf to shoot.    The Cheese heads will hate that.  haha.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I got one and it was easy to install and is solid and stable and weighs almost nothing. It really is an improvement shooting on the bench and it helps to stablize the weapon in off hand shooting. There is lots of storage and the storage caps (w/O-rings) lock into the saddle. It does not affect the operation of the stock. The only thing I do not care for is the logo being molded into the saddle. I am not much of a AR "bling" person and would rather not have my weapon looking like a billboard. At least it covered the Rock River logo. But to each rat its own trap. I bought this because it seemed to be a well thought out quality (not chezzy) product and is made in Israel by the Fobas/First Samco folks. I do not know if it is better or worse than other stocks but it sure works for me. I deem it money well spent. Its not very often that you can get something that works well for an AR at a reasonable price. Get one and try it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#39]
I might spring for one this week, like others have said, I have wasted $20 on worse.  I'm also looking for places to stash extra EoTech batteries after getting rid of my TD VFG.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Where are you guys getting this from? Looks decent for $20.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:00:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Update: I used an old closed cell military sleeping pad to cut strips to fit the storage compartments. The pad material is just the right thickness so as not to bind in the storage space. All you do is cut it to the length and width you need. I do not use any devices that needs batterys so I cut slits/holes in the padding material and secured small parts in them. Beats the hell out of hearing them rattle around. You can use this material to do all kinds of things. It is really great at filling the space in hollow synthetic gun stocks, and you can glue it together ( floor cement ) to make any thickness/length of pad you need for cases and such. I even pad the benches in my deer stands with it. The squirrels chew on it some but I get these pads all the time at yard sales/flemarkets for a buck or two so they are easily replaced. Its great stuff to have around.
   I also used a piece of para-cord to secure the caps to one another. Just run one end through a cap hole and knot it and burn/melt the tag end. Then run the other end through the other cap hole and do the same thing. It is a very neat set up and I prefer it ( I tried it ) to using the holes supplyed on the saddle to secure the caps indivisually. Hopefully you won't need to open but one side at a time. It is also out of the way and doesn't look like it would hang up as long as you cut the para-cord short enough. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#42]
If your holding off on getting because 20.00 is a waste. I guess you dont smoke or drink beer.

For the Cost it works, and functions well enough. What I dont like is the side sling mount they dont look that durable. For my use I don't use a sling anyway.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I finally got up the courage to cut the sling loop of the top of my four-position stock, and mount the saddle to it. I am surprised at how well the saddle fits. It greatly improves the cheek weld, and while there is some movement in the front forks it is minimal, and does not detract from the overall function of the saddle. While it is possible for something, like an equipment strap, to get caught in between the front forks and the stock I don’t thinks it very probable (but one never knows). I do intend to bond the forks to the stock and eliminate this potential problem.  I like the battery compartments, and I added some bead chain to the caps to attach them to the saddle. I keep a spare battery for my Aimpoint in one side, and two spares for my Surefire in the other. I added some foam to the inside of the compartment to keep the flashlight batteries from clunking. Overall, I like this product. About the only detractor to this product is it is not a LMT type stock, but it is certainly worth the money ($20). If it lasts I will update this post to give my impressions in six months.
MB

img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/mb3/sad1.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/mb3/sad4.jpg

Hey mb3 could you take some close ups of just the stock.  I like the 4-pos stock and wondered how this looked.  Can't really tell from your pics. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Just ordered 2 from here: www.commandarms.com/categories.asp?cID=57

$19.50/ea

Mike
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

While I ordered mine from Command Arms, I would recommend buying them from TheTic in the EE.  He has them in stock for $20 shipped and awesome customer service.  You wont be disapointed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Yeah I saw the Tics ad. As soon as I have an extra $20 I'm gonna order from him. I'm broke right now.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:03:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Ridge,
I just saw you post I will try and take some more pictures tonight. So far the cheek piece is holding up well. I have deployed with it twice (L/E), and used it three times in training, and annual qualification and I have had no issues with the stock grabbing equipment straps, bushes, twigs, or anything else. I did add some bead chain to the caps to keep them with the rifle, and I added some high-density foam to the storage tubes to keep the spare batteries from making noise.
MB
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:36:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine came with only one allen wrench.
JR

Mine too.

Question though, do your compartment caps come with an actual O ring on them, difficult to tell from the photos - because mine don't - just hard plastic caps, no sealing O ring.

Mine had O Rings on them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Here are some close up pictures of the saddle on a four position stock.
MB

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top