Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/4/2006 9:39:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
but the cheek weld on the m93 is so nice. why discontinue? just offer both
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you post a pic of it fully collapsed?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Magpul....Kindly check your IMs!

The CTR is really quite lovely and svelte.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet. Will it run in different colors?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice but a little too big (IMHO).
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a crying shame to discontinue the M93 series stock!

Please don't!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#8]
No battery compartments eh?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
but the cheek weld on the m93 is so nice. why discontinue? just offer both

+1

It looks like the stock that they use on the guns from south park lol. But I like it, one question though. What happens to the people needing replacement parts and accessory for the M93 (Strike plate etc.)?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#10]
He did say they are releasing two new stocks:
CTR – Compact/ Type Restricted Stock
UBR – Universal Battle Rifle Stock

It just looks like only pictures of the CTR are posted.  Also the UBR is going to be replacing the M93 (if I understand correctly) meaning the CTR is a brand new product in its own right.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Is it about the same weight as a standard collapsible stock?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:33:18 AM EDT
[#13]
looks great, but i hope the color will look more smooth I guess is the best way to put it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:54:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm gonna have to keep an eye on this.. I haven't found anyhthing i like better than my colt 4pos yet and this looks promising.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:59:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Dammit I just got my PRS and now this you guys suck/ are the greatest
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:59:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I've seen a lot of M4s, but I've never seen one of the Magpul stocks, nor tried one out.  But that stock looks like it would be interesting to try out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:45:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Infinite adjustment, better cheek-stock weld, streamlined and with minimal bulk make that pretty close to perfection from what I can see.  Making one that will fit the non-spec tubes will go a long way towards the crowd that is unable or unwilling to change their buffer tubes.

No question, Its a winner.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:48:32 AM EDT
[#18]
My question is this, and maybe I'm just stupid.

You mention that the UBR will be multi-position, but there is no mention of that with the CTR.  Is it all or none (fully collapsed or fully extended) or is it possible to have infinte adjustments with the "friction lock" you speak of?

Other than that question, I agree with Stick.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:52:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I KNEW it...that I should hold off on a stock purchase until I saw the new magpuls...Damn but I love being right! I'll take the one in the photo, but hopefully by the time my upper arrives in Late Feb/Early March They'll have pics of the other one and I'll know for sure. That is a FINE looking product.

Nice work Y'all!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Tag for updates on awesome Magpul stuff!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:12:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Rich,

Are there going to be any hardpoints on these to accomodate othter sling mount options, like QD swivels?

What a great idea. The CTR takes over the slide on, no mods, .mil market, and the UBR the rest.

I love my 93B, so I can't wait to see the UBR.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Excellent. You guys keep coming up with fresh ideas.

Some battery storage on this one would be a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:53:46 AM EDT
[#23]
tag for another place to send my excess money
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:15:40 AM EDT
[#24]
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

A Magpul stock that actually looks like it belongs on the AR platform..................

For $95...........I will buy it then.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:24:16 AM EDT
[#25]
double tap
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:25:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The CTR takes over the slide on, no mods, .mil market, and the UBR the rest.

ONE RING Two stocks to rule them all, ONE RING two stocks to bind them ...

People are going to be coveting their preproduction CTR & UBR stocks like Gollum.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey Rich,

Someone on another forum suggested you incorporate battery storage into the lower strut, with access through the toe of the stock. That way you'd add storage without adding bulk. I don't know if that's possible or not, but it sounded good at the time.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Lancelot,  You beat me here.  Here is my suggestion from the other board.

I'm going to offer a radical suggestion for the stock pictured. Battery storage is a feature that many want. However, rather than putting it on either side of the buffer tube, why not make the lower, angled strut a tube instead and use it for battery storage. Access it from the butt pad. Maybe come up with some catch for the toe of the stock and have it pivot to the side at the heel to access the strut tube.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:41:54 AM EDT
[#29]
The battery compartment idea is about done to death. Between VFG/ Pistol grip/ stock, how many batteries do people need?  

If there is that large of a demand for battery storage on a stock, I hope it comes as an optional piece or add on.  

I have no doubt that Lancelot is correct in the idea that many people now feel a battery compartment is their birthright, and expect it on everything, but I really don't see it as imperative.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:50:46 AM EDT
[#30]
What are the two longitudinal slots on the cheekpad area for?
Looks like a Colt ACR stock with hollowed out triangular "web" and relocated release and well thought out features, bravo!  

What does friction locking mean?  Does it still use the already-drilled 4 or 5 holes on the buffer, or can it be locked anywhere along the lenght of the stock regardless of the locations of these holes?

I removed all the batteries stored in my Magpul MIAD grip, TD foregrip and LMT SOPMOD stock to make my rifle lighter.  All said, I took out NINE batteries.  I have reasons to store batteries for my Surefire and PVS14, but I fell into the "I did because I could" mentality and filled all the storage spaces, because they were there
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:00:31 AM EDT
[#31]
interesting...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:02:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Very impressive.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Tagged, hopefully you'll be able to ship thees out of the us

James
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:23:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The battery compartment idea is about done to death. Between VFG/ Pistol grip/ stock, how many batteries do people need?  

If there is that large of a demand for battery storage on a stock, I hope it comes as an optional piece or add on.  

I have no doubt that Lancelot is correct in the idea that many people now feel a battery compartment is their birthright, and expect it on everything, but I really don't see it as imperative.

Kind of like cup holders in new cars, 14 holders for a vehicle that hold 6 people.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:35:28 AM EDT
[#35]
um....I love it!

I'll be grabbing one of those the minute it hits the market. Well done Rich!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:01:25 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kind of like cup holders in new cars, 14 holders for a vehicle that hold 6 people.

We can get cupholders?

That's it. I need Two!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:02:17 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Lancelot,  You beat me here.  Here is my suggestion from the other board.

I'm going to offer a radical suggestion for the stock pictured. Battery storage is a feature that many want. However, rather than putting it on either side of the buffer tube, why not make the lower, angled strut a tube instead and use it for battery storage. Access it from the butt pad. Maybe come up with some catch for the toe of the stock and have it pivot to the side at the heel to access the strut tube.

Yes, it was your idea. And I thought it was awfully clever. Kudo's for thinking it up!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#38]
I have to agree with Stickman on this one.  It's about as perfect as your gonna get.  As far as battery compartments, why you would want to add weight to your rifle at all is beyond me.  Optics and lights can be a must for certain situations, but when you start putting mounts for your spit cup and rings to hang your cowboy hat on, your just getting a little too John Wayne for me.

They make extra pockets on tactical gear for things like your batteries.  I'm still waiting for pouches to be made for vertical grips and weapon lights so they can be taken off during the day or when not needed, but right there for when you need them...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#39]
tag
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:29:47 AM EDT
[#40]
The M93 an excellant stock... too bad it is going to die.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:34:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Looks Great!

Need the Weight???
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The M93 an excellant stock... too bad it is going to die.

I bought 2 of them to have when they run out.  This replacement is no different than the others that do not provide a good cheekweld.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
This replacement is no different than the others that do not provide a good cheekweld.

I haven't even seen a picture of the 93 replacement, where did you see it, and how did it feel regarding the cheek to stockweld?

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#44]
tag
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#45]
tag
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#46]
You made some typos, I've fixed them for you below:

Quoted:

UBR – Universal Beowulf Rifle Stock

This stock will have a simple, mechanical recoil management system (primarly used for big-bore AR applications).

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Sweet!!!

When will they be available for purchase?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Damn.  Why didn't you announce this BEFORE Christmas?!!  I could have bought a new trigger with the money I would have saved.  Oh well, ... next build.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#49]
The enclosed release lever is quite possibly one of the best ideas I've seen on a collapsible stock.

For under $100, I'd say you've got a super big hit! My wallet will be waiting.

Also, is the butt pad the same shape as the one on the PRS? I'm probably wrong but it looks pretty similar, which would be another plus in my book.

Very cool guys!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This replacement is no different than the others that do not provide a good cheekweld.

I haven't even seen a picture of the 93 replacement, where did you see it, and how did it feel regarding the cheek to stockweld?

I guess I worded it wrong.  It is not a replacement.

Sorry.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top