Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2005 10:54:31 PM EDT
i was wanting to refinish my rifle and was wanting to know if any finishing product contains any lubricative properties like Kimpro or Wilson Tactical's finishing?
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 1:41:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 3:20:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Lubricity:
Moly Resin™ contains molybdenum disulfide, which provides excellent anti-friction characteristics. Wear life is comparable to blued, parkerized and other common firearm finishes. Moly Resin™ is a phenolic Resin that when thermally cured, produces the most durable thermally cured painted surface of any products on the market. Wear life when tested on Tabor Abrasurf with #CS10 wheel installed @ 500 grams weight minimum 235 RPM's.

molyresin.com/molyresin_specs.asp

I think you may find there is a reason that the Wilson Combat finish looks similar....
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 3:26:21 AM EDT
[#3]

I think you may find there is a reason that the Wilson Combat finish looks similar....

Yeah, like the fact that Wilson Combat DOES use MolyResin for their "Armor Tuff" finishes.
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Was that just in case people couldn't figure it out?
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I would not recommend using Norrels inside the action. Iv had it cause functioning problems. Even after extended curring times even at higher temps. High friction parts seem to drag with molly. Anyone else notice this or is it just me? I had to strip it off of a FAL carrier.
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#6]
never had a problem with it at all with the internals.
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would not recommend using Norrels inside the action. Iv had it cause functioning problems. Even after extended curring times even at higher temps. High friction parts seem to drag with molly. Anyone else notice this or is it just me? I had to strip it off of a FAL carrier.

It might be your application method, I've never had any issues.  Obviously it needs to have a few hundred rounds run through it before its considered reliable, but there shouldn't be any issues after that.  Especially on the FAL carrier....
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm running a T&E on an AR15 carrier that I did in gray, and I've had no problems.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top