Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2005 9:54:09 AM EDT
How do you like it? Can it be permanently attached and still be taken apart to be cleaned? I am thinking about doing a 9mm AR build and having one attached to a cut down barrel that is 16 inches total length, but dont know if this can be done................any opinions?  
Link Posted: 10/16/2005 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Anybody?
Link Posted: 10/16/2005 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How do you like it? Can it be permanently attached and still be taken apart to be cleaned? I am thinking about doing a 9mm AR build and having one attached to a cut down barrel that is 16 inches total length, but dont know if this can be done................any opinions?  

Make sure your 9mm barrel has the right thread pitch. My Olympic barrel doesn't, and I wanted one of those fire-breathing pigs bad!
Link Posted: 10/16/2005 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply...........I was gonna send it off and have the barrel cut down so when it was attached, it would be 16 inches, but I wasnt sure if the brake was something that was permanently attached. I think it disassembles from the front
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I think that I read somewhere on here (don't quote me) but they way that they measured it, as short as it gets (dissassembled) still allows a 14.5 inch barrel to make 16 inches when perm attached.  Mind you, I dont have one, and have never meausred it myself, so your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#5]
There is no reason for the Krink brake on a 9 mm gun.
Colt 9 mm tread pitch is 1/2x36,  the break is 1/2x28

I do have one mounted on a 10.5 inch bbl and think it is a good addition.
It does what it is advertised to do.
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Krink flash hider (it is not a brake) on a Krink with 10 1'2 barrel.  In my experience, the Krink FH increases recoil, which is some times a good thing  I've heard, in that it helps cycling in short barrels rifles.  Another good thing is that it direct the muzzle blast forward in a very focused cone and quiets the report as heard by the shooter.  My Bulgarian Krink FH is approx 3 1/2 " long when fully assembled and 3 3/8" when disassembled.  It's a good thing to be able to take it apart as there is a fair amount of carbon build-up.  The threads are left hand 1/14.  I believe Noveske has a thread adapter.  Measure your barrel lenth by closing the bolt, then insert a cleaning rod; mark the rod where it protudes from the muzzle; then measure the rod.
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There is no reason for the Krink brake on a 9 mm gun.
Colt 9 mm tread pitch is 1/2x36,  the break is 1/2x28

I do have one mounted on a 10.5 inch bbl and think it is a good addition.
It does what it is advertised to do.

The Krinkov KX3 flash suppessor comes in several threads:

1/2 x 28
9/16 x 24
9/16 x 24 LH
5/8 x 24

And a few more.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top