Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2005 1:03:54 PM EDT
I just want to take off the peep sight, not the whole assembly. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Assuming it's an A2 rear sight:

1.  Tap the pin out of the windage knob with a 1/16 punch.
2.  Remove the windage knob, small coil spring, and ball bearing (careful, or they will get away from you).
3.  Remove the windage screw from the left side, with a flat blade screwdriver.
4.  Viola!  The aperture and flat spring are now loose.

I highly recommend getting a copy of the TM -23 if you are going to do any work on your rifle.  It covers everything you need to know.Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Assuming it's an A2 rear sight:

1.  Tap the pin out of the windage knob with a 1/16 punch.
2.  Remove the windage knob, small coil spring, and ball bearing (careful, or they will get away from you).
3.  Remove the windage screw from the left side, with a flat blade screwdriver.
4.  Viola!  The aperture and flat spring are now loose.

I highly recommend getting a copy of the TM -23 if you are going to do any work on your rifle.  It covers everything you need to know.

Good luck.

Hey thank you so much, I got it!

PS: I dont need a book, I have Arfcom!!

ETA: Hey I missed a special 1k post! So heres a dancing banana
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

PS: I dont need a book, I have Arfcom!!

Just wait'll you try to install a new handgrip to your lower and after you finally do, you realize that your safety is just swinging around like it was never meant to stay on one of two different settings... oh and your internet connection is on the fritz and you can't ask the good people at Arfcom... so they can't save your ass... then you realize after searching around for your manual that your dumbass lost the detent and detent spring... so you go searching around on your hands and knees for them... then when you find it you have to do everything over again.... as iof getting the freaking handgrip off without an extented allen wasn't a pain in the ass enough...

Not that that's ever happened to me...........
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top