User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/25/2005 12:03:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I guess i'll hold off on upgrading my junky stock for a bit then...

About the trade in M93 stocks, you would sell them at discount right?

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
In most AR/M-16 collapsable stocks, there is a gap or lip when the stock is extended that just happens to be right where most of us rest out cheek.

If you could make a design where, when extended, there was no gap/lip, you would make a lot of money. Maybe a spring loaded plate or something could pop up and fill the gap when the stock slides over it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Progress is a good thing  

Now how about shipping me my 2 MIAD pre-production swap outs for production models I ordered via phone 3 weeks ago
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I was about to upgrade my loose collapsible stock to a M93, but with this news I may hold off for a few more months!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#5]
That sounds really cool...I was planning on buying the M93B in the next couple months but I will now probably wait for your new product. Your guys stuff is the best out there!

A sneak peak for all the good people at ARFCOM would be a real treat[cough]pics rock[/cough].

Thanks and I look forward to seeing this new product.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you able to forecast a rough time frame for the new stock prototype, or is it too far out?

To be more specific, will a prototype be available for viewing at the ShotShow?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, a manufacturer that will tell us what is going on with their products in advance is a novel concept.  I can't wait to see what you guys come out with next - I'll be in for one of those as well.  I can always trust that your products will be well thought out and built extremely tough.  I look forward to good things to come...

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was about to upgrade my loose collapsible stock to a M93, but with this news I may hold off for a few more months!

+1

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Will the stock weight go up, down or stay the same?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So you saying the next 93 revision will be completely aesthetically and mechanically different ?

sounds like it.  No more robotic foot?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh!  You people suck!   My wallet hates you!  

I just bought a M93B, you see.

But I must say, I'll be the first one to jump onto the trade-in program; I have no doubt that you'll make the new stock even better. (and the current one is pretty kickass as it is).  I can't speak for other users, but I really appreciate that I'll have the opportunity to trade up in some fashion.

I must say, however, that I was surprised how the M93B was put together, and how many screws and whatnot it has in it (for the clamshell type parts) -- I thought, there was no way that could be an easy item to make, not to mention the cost for materials.  Guess I wasn't the only one to think that...
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Since production will be streamlined and simplified, will this bring the price down?  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#15]
glad i havent bought my m93 yet.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Geez, I haven't had a cjhance to get used to my recently purchased M93B yet.

PRS is on my short list.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm still buying a 93B as soon as I hear back from who I ordered it from.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Cool.  Can't wait for the prototype.

This is a sure sign that your business is expanding, always a good thing.

Just one request Rich, can we expect am poptional rubber butt pad (and perhpas even storage compartments)?

Regards,

Justin
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
glad i havent bought my m93 yet.

+1
I'll wait.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll wait.  But I am curious about one thing -- what happens to all the old 93's that get traded in for the new upgrades?  Will these be put on the market at a discount?  Are we talking about "going into the showroom and picking up a lease turn in" at a discount?

BTW, I was just up in Boulder today.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Richard -

does this mean that the rumored enhancements for the M93 (like a no slip butt pad) are not going to happen?

Does this affect the timing for the release of the M95?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#24]
MagPul's M93 series is one awesome stock design - knowing Richard the new stock will shake up the industry again - Good Luck!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#25]
you mean they've been selling us under-developed experiemental stocks and charging us an arm and leg for it

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
you mean they've been selling us under-developed experiemental stocks and charging us an arm and leg for it

If you can't spell, "experimental", you shouldn't use it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, like you've never misspelled a word before

Internet spelling/grammar nazi strikes again  If you can't understand the fact that people don't do spell checks on the internet, then maybe you should just shut up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Let's hear it for a company that relentlessly improves its products, in pursuit of absolute perfection!

-z
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Since production will be streamlined and simplified, will this bring the price down?  

+1. If it's made 6X faster, it sounds like it would be more efficient, thus less $$$ going into each stock. I'm not trying to sound cheap, but the college student in me wants to know.

Quoted:
I'll wait. But I am curious about one thing -- what happens to all the old 93's that get traded in for the new upgrades? Will these be put on the market at a discount? Are we talking about "going into the showroom and picking up a lease turn in" at a discount?

Another +1. I would not feel shorted with "antiquated" technology.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I was going to order a Tan one last week and my dealer told me to hold off because he didn't know if the Tan M93's were even available any more

I have a new build coming up and if you need a "prototype tester" I would gladly  offer my services

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#31]
i loved the old ones

i guess i will hold of for much better prices on the m93 come time
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:46:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Holy Crap! Well this changes things......
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:49:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:54:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:48:23 AM EDT
[#35]
I hope the styling in the new design will match the AR15 better, the M93a/b isnt exactly something that looks like it belongs on there anyways (robot foot).

sorry, my opinion.

now, the new stock that has the raised cheek-weld plate on it, thats beauty! it actually looks like the lower gave birth to it and matches perfectly.
The M93a/b looks like the neighbors kid or something
The M93a/b has straight lines and right angles where the lower and upper has curves, it doesnt match at all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:50:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Dear Magpul,

I'll gladly accept your donation of a M93.

Another reason why you set the standard in AR gear.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Internet spelling/grammar nazi strikes again  If you can't understand the fact that people don't do spell checks on the internet, then maybe you should just shut up.

Sorry, but your comment was so ignorant, that it had to be pointed out.  You will have to excuse me for not getting into the first grade "you shutup" games with you.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:29:37 AM EDT
[#38]
If you can make it less "RoboCop\Transformer-ish" and lighter while retaining all the great features that the current design already has that would be great in my book.

Will it also be cheaper seeing how it will be 6 times quicker (and so I also assume easier) to make?

If you guys can find a way to make it lighter and cheaper AND better looking, man that would be sweet!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Sounds like the use of aluminum is going to shoot up, so I'm not sure the new stock is going to be cheaper. And if the stock is going to be bombproof, I wouldn't bet on lighter, either. More rigid, stronger, better designed, quicker to build, fewer parts - pretty much all we can count on at this point.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#40]
ETA on pics of the design?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Trade in the 93B my ass...

I'll just have to get another AR going.  

Now what is this about a 93B2 - what am I missing by not having the B2?

SC
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#42]
I look forward to the new stock.  The old one seemed really good, so if the new one is an improvement, we really can't lose.  Now the wait begins......
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Well, it's about time the m93 was discontinued. I was getting a liittle peeved about having a current state of the art stock on my ARMS sir ancient AR  Now they will both be yesterdays news, although probably always my favorite!! I for one LOVE the m93, and it's robot leg look.

Guess i'll have to buy another new fangled magpul product and fnally try out a larue rail system to go with it. Figure if you can't beat em, join em.

I need a better job.......or one less wife.......

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

HAHA, thats funny, an AR accessory manufacturer lowering their price.  We hava a comedian here.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#45]
anybody?  What is the difference between the 93B and the 93B2?

The strike plate?

Edit to add:  I see now the "instead of re tooling for the 93B2" - i got it now.  The 93B2 was on the drawing board.  I'll go back to sleep now.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Crap.

Now I'll be forced to buy a new-style M93/95 in addition to the PRS?  
Looking forward to it (and I'll be keeping the M93 I have now, thanks)!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
In most AR/M-16 collapsable stocks, there is a gap or lip when the stock is extended that just happens to be right where most of us rest out cheek.

If you could make a design where, when extended, there was no gap/lip, you would make a lot of money. Maybe a spring loaded plate or something could pop up and fill the gap when the stock slides over it.

Are you talking about the same reason so many people love the magpul- there is no longer a lip or dropoff?  The top of the tube where you cheek goes is fairly uniform.

Wow.  Only 3 degenerates offered to receive free products and call themselves beta testers so far?  I thought there'd be more.  For those of you who were joking, no offense.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#49]
tag
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, but your comment was so ignorant, that it had to be pointed out.  You will have to excuse me for not getting into the first grade "you shutup" games with you.  

Then it would've been better if you were to point out my ignorance, rather than my "spelling error".  Besides my original comment was sort of a joke, I guess I used the wrong kind of smiley or something.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top