Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 5:32:26 PM EDT
Thinking of buying a upper from Model 1 sales. Does anyone have any experience with them ? Are they a quality product, good customer service etc. Should I buy complete kit or just upper?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Model 1 does not have a good rep here. Try J&T or Del-ton if you want a kit.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Model One has consistantly demonstrated their deblief that the general public buying from them is a privilege and we should be thankful.

Go with J&T or DelTon, or put together something from the EE.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think most people would recommend Del-Ton or J&T over Model One or M&A.

Aimless, is it true that Model 1 and M&A are actually the same company, or at least owned by the same outfit?

I've heard it but never verified it for myself.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Del-Ton
got my money this weekend and they will get more....
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I've bought from them, I saved money but I ended up having to work on it myself...buy a separate bolt, carrier assembly, put in my own front sight pins, buff the barrel etc.  It was worth it to me because I knew how to do it and I allready had one working AR.  YMMV
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Go with Del Ton.  Speak with Tony.  They built my upper and I don't have one thing to complain about.  Excellent customer service and very reasonable prices, cheaper than JT Distributing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Never had a problem with them.  They are more than just a LITTLE cheaper on some items, and I've always got my stuff extremely quickly.  I don't care what "rep" they have, I just find myself going back to them again and again, for price and product quality.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 for Del-ton . Excelent servise , and quality .
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#11]
From what I've heard on this site,  their barrels and uppers are okay,  but their charging handles are out of spec and the bolts crack  a lot easier than they should.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
From what I've heard on this site,  their barrels and uppers are okay,  but their charging handles are out of spec and the bolts crack  a lot easier than they should.

The barrels are ER Shaw who make Colt barrels, not that they are the same but the company obviouslt has a good rep.  Their uppers recievers are fine as well.  Their bolts, bolts carrier, and charging handles are suspect.

If nothing else, do not buy from this company based on sheer principal.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I HAVE ONE.
SHOOTS AS WELL AS MY  RR  or my DPMS..
I LOVE IT......
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I was going to order a 10.5"  upper for my M16..Called em just to check prices.....They want a copy of my form4 to order an upper!!  

No thanks.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top