Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2005 11:28:48 AM EDT
I'm thinking about picking up one of Bushmaster's 1/7 M4 barrels, but from what I've read these come with rifle feed ramps.  No problem, but I won't want to use an upper receiver with M4 feed ramps (LMT, CMT, etc), right?  It seems like that combination could cause feeding problems.

Who makes an upper without the M4 feed ramps?  I guess BM is one choice, but they seem awfully expensive (something like $170 for a flattop from BM).  Is there another non-M4 feed ramp upper out there that would be a good choice, but that's closer in line with the CMT or LMT's price?

And this is sort of out of left field, but would it make more sense to have someone dremel the M4 feed ramps into the barrel and then just get the CMT upper?
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
CMT makes uppers with or without the M4 feed ramp cuts.

Well, crap, I didn't know that.  I guess that pretty much solves the problem.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Barrel with M4 feedramps with non-M4 upper= okay.

Non-M4 barrel with M4 upper = not okay.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top