Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2005 2:26:16 PM EDT
Guys, a few months ago, I bought a DPMS Panther Carbine (RFA2-PCAR). I have very happy with my choice. I have already outfitted it with a VLTOR Carbine Modstock, Hogue grip, an A.R.M.S. #51 CV A1A2 S.I.R. system, Spectergear M.O.U.T sgl. pt. sling. GG&G sling adapter, EOTech 512A65, Wilson Combat  tactical latch for CH, SAMCO light mount, and a Streamlight SCORPION taclight. Without spending a fortune, I have an extremely reliable and effective weapon. How many more of you out there are enjoying your DPMS AR's?

Link Posted: 7/14/2005 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Proud owner of a stainless model.
Pic from our prairie dog shoot. Don't laugh at the cheapie brass catcher.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Have an AP4.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#3]
DPMS M4 clone owner here
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a DPMS chrome bolt and carrier in my Ameetec/CMMG M4gery, if that counts for anything.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#5]
20" bull barrel owner.  A simple, reliable, tack-driver.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Fellow DPMS owners, thanks for your input. Is gratifying to know that there are more of you out there that are excited about owning a DPMS. Keep the posts coming.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Got a 16 inch bull barrel that functions flawlessly.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I went to a gun store in April and ordered a RRA Elite.  The store owner said it might take some time for this rifle to come in, but I said go ahead and order it as I wanted the mid length gas system. Well I had a Colt H-Bar Competion Match, but really wanted a carbine. so I walked around the store and saw a DPMS Panther, used. Well, I went ahead and bought it. I have fired 1000 rounds of 3131 through it, 2000 rounds of XM 193 and 2000 rounds of Wolf with 2 malfunctions related to cheap magazines. I have a tactical rifle course this coming weekend and will be taking the DPMS. I will shoot XM 193, even though the Wolf runs OK. I just do not want a possible problem and having someone bitch about the Wolf ammo. About three weeks ago I was in the gun store again (Mid America Arms, in St. Louis) and saw a beautiful DPMS with a stainless steel free float bull barrel. the barrel was fluted and ??? cryro frozen or something like that, 16 inch, flattop.  It had a chrome plated bolt and carrier and considering the reliability of my first DPMS, I went ahead and bought it . I mounted a Burris 4 power scope with a ARMS mount and have ran about 500 rounds through the rifle and am completley happy with it and the DPMS brand. That said I can't wait for the RRA and the mid length gas system. I will be keeping the the 2 DPMS rifles, but the Colt is on the way out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I went to a gun store in April and ordered a RRA Elite.  The store owner said it might take some time for this rifle to come in, but I said go ahead and order it as I wanted the mid length gas system. Well I had a Colt H-Bar Competion Match, but really wanted a carbine. so I walked around the store and saw a DPMS Panther, used. Well, I went ahead and bought it. I have fired 1000 rounds of 3131 through it, 2000 rounds of XM 193 and 2000 rounds of Wolf with 2 malfunctions related to cheap magazines. I have a tactical rifle course this coming weekend and will be taking the DPMS. I will shoot XM 193, even though the Wolf runs OK. I just do not want a possible problem and having someone bitch about the Wolf ammo. About three weeks ago I was in the gun store again (Mid America Arms, in St. Louis) and saw a beautiful DPMS with a stainless steel free float bull barrel. the barrel was fluted and ??? cryro frozen or something like that, 16 inch, flattop.  It had a chrome plated bolt and carrier and considering the reliability of my first DPMS, I went ahead and bought it . I mounted a Burris 4 power scope with a ARMS mount and have ran about 500 rounds through the rifle and am completley happy with it and the DPMS brand. That said I can't wait for the RRA and the mid length gas system. I will be keeping the the 2 DPMS rifles, but the Colt is on the way out.

Beagleboy, sure sounds like you are definitely a happy DPMS owner. One of these days, maybe sometime next summer, I want to add another DPMS to the armory. I am looking at the PANTHER™ LONG RANGE 308 C 16” AP4 CARBINE (RFA2-308AP4). I to try something with a little more punch.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I rolled my own dpms

Liked it so well I got it a brother bottom of the next pic
You'll have to ignore the rest of that junk laying around.

Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Built a 20" flat top and a 16" mid length on DPMS lowers. Also have built a CAR on a Rock River for my Army son, and a 20" HB on a Stag for my Army son-in-law. Couldn't be happier with all of them. The 16" mid length is out of the safe tonight, as someone was doing a little shootin' in the neighborhood a while ago. I live in an un-incorporated residential development, and the county sheriff is usually 20 to 30 minutes away.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I was considering a 20" DPMS rifle.  Their prices are great, but I've never fired one before.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I have 2 Completely unassembled DPMS kits going on 2 DPMS lower due in from a group buy anytime soon.        One is an M4 forgery and the other an A2 20 inch flattop.  

I'm also waiting on a unassembled .308 DPMS 16 or 18 inch rifle kit GROUP BUY to go live so I can get that too.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Love mine.  20" DPMS with YHM 2 piece handguards and Leupold scope.  No issues whatsoever.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I have an AP4 now about 4 months old and I love it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#17]
DPMS 16" disipator (IIRC name)  Bought it from DPMS direct in two bags.  Got LOTS of help putting it together (ok they did most of work for free because they made a slight mistake I caught)  :)  Just about a thousand rds thru it.  Love it.  Just wish I had not gotten heavy barrel.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I proudly own a DPMS M4 clone(AP4 to be correct).....i have it fitted with YHM 4 rail HG, Aimpoint ML2 mounted on an A.R.M.S Aimpoint mount(w/ full spacer to cowitness), A.R.M.S 40A BUIS, Surefire light, Phantom closed bottom flash hider and single point sling loop.....i love it....no if ands or buts about it.....i spent a lot of time getting it set up just the way i wanted it and now i really have something to be proud of.....it has 14.5" barrel(16" w/ perm. Phantom) and 6 position M4 style butt stock....she now wears a thin layer of ultra flat urban(general purpose really) camo. from top to bottom.....she blends in very well in all surroundings.....not a single malfunction and she is pretty darn accurate with both the Aimpoint and with the BUIS.....

+1 from a very happy DPMS owner.....

cheers

camaro
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I've got two DPMS rifles here

Sweet shooters
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top