Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2005 10:50:01 PM EDT
It's come down to CMMG and LMT for my M4 side project. My LMT thread answered all my questions.

Now it is time for CMMG.

Does anyone have any feedback on CMMG at all? Warnings? Points of concerns? Anything?

They are one outfit that seems to always have their S**T together.

Pics also appreciated
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a stripped lower from them on Saturday at a gun show. They were nice people to deal with. There was none of that negative attitude that so often accompanies gun show vendors.

That might have something to do with the fact that they appeared to be doing much more business than anyont else at the show.

They encouraged you to handle and touch all of their displayed weapons and uppers. That is a rare trait at gun shows these days. Nothing was hidden under glass, etc.

They even had a SAW to fondle.

Anyway, back to my lower, it is marked CMMG and appears to be of excellent quality.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I've only ordered once from them, but based on that one experience, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 12:06:10 AM EDT
[#3]
My "cut feed ramps" on my MOD4 upper were pretty sloppy, but it feeds fine.

I think my barrel's OD might be an asshair out of spec 'cause
my RAS didn't fit snug...easy fix though.

I did order right at the height of the Sunset Frenzy, so they where probably cranking
these things out as fast as they could. It's likely under control now.

All said, I think they are a good company to deal with, and I'd buy from them again!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:40:43 AM EDT
[#4]
CMMG did me right on my upper. I got a 14.5" A3 upper from them and recently took it to qualifications. Aced the course first time out with this upper. Great fit and finish match to my Bushy lower. Make sure you ask them to testfire the upper. Just added insurance that nothing is wrong.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Meh. For me their runnin par for the course, but they aint winning any awards.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:10:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I had good service from them. My only complaint was I ordered a round FA on my upper instead of the teardrop and they still sent the upper with teardrop FA. This is after emailing them about it and my receipt mentioned it too. Not a big deal and it only cost me $8 to buy a new one from Brownells. I'm sure they'd fix the problem if I called but like I said, it was no big deal. Their uppers are very good quality and I hear they will be making them with M4 barrel extentions soon.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:14:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Meh. For me their runnin par for the course, but they aint winning any awards.

That's a good way to put it.  That's been my experience with them also.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:17:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I think they are a great bunch of people to deal with.  I am planning on buying more from them.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:19:36 AM EDT
[#9]
CMMG is good people,  I know this from personal experience.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:21:12 AM EDT
[#10]
My complete CMMG rifle. NJ legal. (yes the mag is blocked!)

I love it. Quality is A++ there is no play between the upper and the lower.  Never a malfunction.

The people and the company are great to deal with.

CMMG is the company for me!

I'll post some better pics for you tonight if you so desire.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I have not had any complaints with CMMG. I have purchased uppers, lowers, barrels, and assorted other items from them without a single problem. They get most of my AR related business. Really great to deal with as well. I wouldn't hesitate recommending them to anyone.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:37:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Good company with great products.  Couldn't really find one bad thing to say about them.

Built this rifle using a CMMG MOD4 upper with a 14.5" barrel and permenantly attached Phanotm FH:

Function, accuracy, and reliability are all there.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#13]
CMMG is da bomb.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I have some CMMG part on almost everyone of my ARs.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#15]
i only have experience with their lowers. top notch.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Their barrels cost too much, but they are pretty much your only option for some profiles.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#17]
My experience with them was great.  Good customer service and they very quickly ammended a problem with one of my orders.  I dealt with John there and would do so again.  Jamey Williams
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I currently have 2 CMMG barreled uppers in 1/7 chrome lined config. They are everybit the equal of my LMT 1/7 M4 upper both in relability and accuracy using the same Black Hills (blue-box) 77grn. SMKs.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm very pleased with my CMMG purchases, from parts to a complete upper.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
My complete CMMG rifle. NJ legal. (yes the mag is blocked!)

I love it. Quality is A++ there is no play between the upper and the lower.  Never a malfunction.

The people and the company are great to deal with.

CMMG is the company for me!

I'll post some better pics for you tonight if you so desire.

www.wawatusi.com/images/m41.jpg

That is a sweet setup. How do you like the DD offset light mount? I was thinking of getting one.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#21]
They've got the best customer service I've ever experienced!  To me, that means a lot.  There are several quality manufacturers, but not all have great customer service - and I'm willing to go the extra distance (quite literally - Fayette, MO is in the middle of nowhere! ) for good customer service.  Great bunch of guys - never too busy to take the time to just hang out and chew the fat when you drop by.

Plus, they really done an ENORMOUS amount to help the local MODCC shoots in Missouri.  

I haven't purchased a lot of stuff from them - only three lowers so far, but all their stuff is really nice, and I may get a new upper from them soon (if my fiancee doesn't spend all my money remodeling her house).

I'd not buy any AR before talking to them first.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:17:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
That is a sweet setup. How do you like the DD offset light mount? I was thinking of getting one.

Thanks....

It makes my tango down high speed tape light switch holder and my low drag off brand tape switch kinda redindant. It puts the but cap (and switch) in a very natural place so that its easy to use your thumb to operate the light.

I kept the tape switch on cause I bought it! But its really not needed and in fact easier to false light by accident. With the DD and no tape switch this does not happen.

Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I've made five or six purchases in the past year. Nothing but good service from them. I will continue to buy from them with confidence.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#24]
They have a telephone and real people answer it. Nice folks, can't say enough good about them. I call them first and it is usually my last call.
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone know if their turnaround time got shorter or longer due to demand? For a while there they were running about 3-6 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Anyone know if their turnaround time got shorter or longer due to demand? For a while there they were running about 3-6 weeks.

I don't know exactly what you are looking for...I was there Friday and their stock seems as abundant as any other time I have been there (which is a pretty impressive assortment). I have never gone to pick something up "spur of the moment" and they not have it.

Just my experience...
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#27]
They have always treated me right.

Scott
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#28]
They are a good business.

I have ordered from them twice.

The second time I ordered a HBAR upper and it came short-chambered.

I had to get it sent off to DPMS but everything turned out fine...
Link Posted: 5/30/2005 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I ordered my new upper from them and had it in about a week and 2 days.  I ordered the 14.5 with pemanent phantom fs and asked them to substitute the closed ended phantom and they gladly made the mod with no extra charges.  I also got good communication from them throughout the process.  I was extremely satisfied.  

Link Posted: 5/30/2005 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm one of their biggest fans.  I'm proud to call myself a friend of theirs.  The stuff they carry is good kit and there is no bullshit factor.  If you have a problem, they will make it right.

Here's my CMMG M4gery.  

And its other configuration.  I'm going to go shoot it this afternoon for my Memorial Day activity.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top