Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2004 4:39:51 AM EDT
I have a Bushmaster 24" Heavy-Barrel (Pre-ban config) that came with an A2 birdcage + crush washer.

Is it threaded 1/2" x 28 TPI?

I was thinking about getting a DPMS Levang Linear Compensator - how well does it work? Does it affect the POI or trajectory of the bullet? Do I need a crush washer or peel washer?
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 7:45:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Levang Linear Comp on a mini-14.  It is a fine unit.  Symmetrical about the bore axis, so positioning with washers isn't required.  Accuracy with the mini is 1.2 inches at 100m, so it does not adversely affect accuracy.  The beauty of it is the blast gets ported forward, not back to the shooter.  I'm very happy with mine and would recommend it to anyone that had a threaded barrel to protect.
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 7:55:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Does it increase recoil? What about affecting the sound of the blast?
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#3]
The beauty of it is the blast gets ported forward, not back to the shooter.  As far as recoil, that is hard to measure in a gas operated .223, not having much to begin with.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top