Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't buy em = complain.
Can buy em = complain.

I bought  a Bushy LEO and just picked it up today.  

Why?  Because I could.  Why else? $875.

P.S. The dealer still has another one(NIB) but at $950.  Want details?  IM me.....
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I would not pass one up at a good price just because it had "LEO" only markings.  They are not stamped permanently like serial numbers are.  You could paint or epoxy over the markings.  You can't take the serial number off but I don't see why you could not take the "LEO" markings off.

Edit: OK the Colts might have that stamped in but the ArmaLites don't.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#3]
uhhh, cause I can!!!

If I want to fork out X amount for LEO rifle then so be it.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a L.E.O. marked Colt 9mm AR6450 carbine.  

Why you say?  

Because I'm a L.E.O. and my chief wouldn't sign for a L.E.O. carbine.  He down right refused.  

I bought one for two reasons.  

1)  I wanted a 9mm carbine so I could shoot at any range, indoor or outdoor.  

2)  I wanted to get one because my chief wouldn't allow me to own one.  He still won't allow me to use it for work.  Won't even authorize a class.  

Now I have one and am very happy with it.  

The stupid thing about it is, Wednesday he told me the ban expired. Now he's talking about buying one for himself .    

Colt_COLT  

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:49:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I get one that says "FOR MEGAFORCE USE ONLY"?

Sure. Just take yours down to your friendly neighborhood Trophy Shop, and have it engraved..

Lonny

great idea !!!  i have several, & one of them is going to get engraved: "Now Legal For Civilian Use Only"

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:42:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why are LEO Restricted marked lowers and rifles suddenly SOOO desireable?

Quoted:
Geek appeal.

EXACTLY

The wannabe's think that by having a LEO marked lower that Barney Fife will soar down from the heavens above and Deputize them....and everything that they do with the LEO marked lower will be tactically sound and they will look like someone who they are not.

Semper Fi
Jeff

Let me clarify my statement.  It does not offend me to see guys buy LEO marked AR15's.  If I were to walk in a gun store and they had a Colt #LE6920 (LEO) M4 and a Bushmaster M4 (no markings) and I could buy either gun without a Department Letter, I would choose the Colt #LE6920 because I think it's a better built gun than the Bushamster.  And if I had a friend who was NOT a LEO and was trying to pick between the two guns I would tell him to go with the Colt LE6920.

That being said, I agree with Lumpy that many guys are going out and looking for the guns that are marked "Govt / Law Enforcement / Export Only" because there is a "Geek Apeal" (not all guys buying LEO only guns fall into this catagory, but there are many wannabe's that do fall into this catagory).  

There use to be a lot of really good information passed here at www.ar15.com, but it seems that recently this place has been over run by kids, wannabes, and knuckle heads in general.  Look at all the threads on the "Tac Point" (an airsoft optic), the threads on "Let's show everyone the markings on the my new LEO only lower", etc, etc.

The AR15 rifle / carbine is a TOOL.  It doesn't matter if you use it for military, law enforcement, personal security detachment, hunting, self defense, competition shooting, plinking, etc. the markings on this TOOL are not going to give you any kind of super powers, they are not going to make you shoot better, they are not going to make the rifle more accurate, etc.  The AR15 is a tool, learn how to use it, and use it well.  

I will say that there is a big difference between a "Wannabe" and an "Enthusist", a wannabe is generally someone who what's to be someone they are not.  There are many WannaBe's here and there are still a large number of enthusists here.  I personally know some idiots that are constantly trying to get military and law enfocement gear (flash bangs, LEO mags and guns, etc) just to show their buddies in hopes that their buddies will think they are cool.  

I come to www.ar15.com in search of knowledge and to share what little knowledge I have.  But as of late it seems that I spend a majority of my time sifting through the B.S. and childish crap to find a few small nuggets of good information.  I have learned a lot over the last few years from other Law Enforcement Officers, members of the Military, and Civilian Enthusists and I thank all of you who have shared good information with me.  You don't have to carry an M16 / AR15 at work to have something to share.  I have learned a lot from many of the civilian Ar15 enthusists that contribute to this site.  

My beef is with the wannabe's and the knuckleheads that mountains out of mole hills and waist the bandwith at this website, please take you BS somewhere else.  It is idiots like these folks who have run Pat Rogers and many other well respected people in the AR15 buisness off this site.

I would like to see us get back to basics and get rid of some of the trash, it will make this place much more enjoyable for all of us.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:56:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why are LEO Restricted marked lowers and rifles suddenly SOOO desireable?

Quoted:
Geek appeal.

EXACTLY

The wannabe's think that by having a LEO marked lower that Barney Fife will soar down from the heavens above and Deputize them....and everything that they do with the LEO marked lower will be tactically sound and they will look like someone who they are not.

Semper Fi
Jeff

Let me clarify my statement.  It does not offend me to see guys buy LEO marked AR15's.  If I were to walk in a gun store and they had a Colt #LE6920 (LEO) M4 and a Bushmaster M4 (no markings) and I could buy either gun without a Department Letter, I would choose the Colt #LE6920 because I think it's a better built gun than the Bushamster.  And if I had a friend who was NOT a LEO and was trying to pick between the two guns I would tell him to go with the Colt LE6920.

That being said, I agree with Lumpy that many guys are going out and looking for the guns that are marked "Govt / Law Enforcement / Export Only" because there is a "Geek Apeal" (not all guys buying LEO only guns fall into this catagory, but there are many wannabe's that do fall into this catagory).  

There use to be a lot of really good information passed here at www.ar15.com, but it seems that recently this place has been over run by kids, wannabes, and knuckle heads in general.  Look at all the threads on the "Tac Point" (an airsoft optic), the threads on "Let's show everyone the markings on the my new LEO only lower", etc, etc.

The AR15 rifle / carbine is a TOOL.  It doesn't matter if you use it for military, law enforcement, personal security detachment, hunting, self defense, competition shooting, plinking, etc. the markings on this TOOL are not going to give you any kind of super powers, they are not going to make you shoot better, they are not going to make the rifle more accurate, etc.  The AR15 is a tool, learn how to use it, and use it well.  

I will say that there is a big difference between a "Wannabe" and an "Enthusist", a wannabe is generally someone who what's to be someone they are not.  There are many WannaBe's here and there are still a large number of enthusists here.  I personally know some idiots that are constantly trying to get military and law enfocement gear (flash bangs, LEO mags and guns, etc) just to show their buddies in hopes that their buddies will think they are cool.  

I come to www.ar15.com in search of knowledge and to share what little knowledge I have.  But as of late it seems that I spend a majority of my time sifting through the B.S. and childish crap to find a few small nuggets of good information.  I have learned a lot over the last few years from other Law Enforcement Officers, members of the Military, and Civilian Enthusists and I thank all of you who have shared good information with me.  You don't have to carry an M16 / AR15 at work to have something to share.  I have learned a lot from many of the civilian Ar15 enthusists that contribute to this site.  

My beef is with the wannabe's and the knuckleheads that mountains out of mole hills and waist the bandwith at this website, please take you BS somewhere else.  It is idiots like these folks who have run Pat Rogers and many other well respected people in the AR15 buisness off this site.

I would like to see us get back to basics and get rid of some of the trash, it will make this place much more enjoyable for all of us.

Semper Fi
Jeff

+1,000,000

But we can't offend the enemyMuslims, and when it comes to a member actually needingreal help and support, it's "Circle the Staff wagon, and throw the member to the wolves".

I've really about had it with this place.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The LE guns aren't so desireable to me anymore because anyone may buy them.  I got mine 6 years ago when I they were evil, and the MAN said "No".

Once the MAN says it's OK to own, I'm not that motivated to buy it generally speaking.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I would like an AR-15 marked Colt lower. If it also has an M4 on it, all the better!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#10]
because they are speical and more reliable and better!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#11]
For me it comes down to a threaded barrel;I have a MT6400C that I could replace the stock but I want the bird cage on a threaded barrel;plus I want to keep my 6400 stock.I actually don't like the LEO marking,but I do like a Colt that says AR15.The other side about restricted use is just temporary political PC.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#12]
So Ican sell it at an Inflated cost and buy an HK91
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I almost want to get one of these for the collector value.  These may not be available for long, and I don't think you can get them cheaper in the future than the $1000 you might pay now.   $1500 prices are ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
+1,000,000

But we can't offend the enemyMuslims, and when it comes to a member actually needingreal help and support, it's "Circle the Staff wagon, and throw the member to the wolves".

I've really about had it with this place.

So can we expect a goodbye thread anytime now or are you just blowing smoke???

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Not so much the leo markings, I have always wanted a ar-15 marked AR-15.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Geek appeal.

They secrectly want one so they can come in contact with a cop who doesnt know jack about Federal gun laws because he doesnt really enforce them so they can then come here an post a jack booted thug "Help me, Im being oppressed" story.

I actually got mine to use as a build for my wife's AR. I was looking for a Colt lower and it was the same price as a non-marked lower so I got it instead. Besides, it does look cool!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top