It’s “permanently” attached.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Rebarrel.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:42:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:41:58 AM EDT
[#3]
If that is a crush washer behind it, then its screwed on. Otherwise, it looks kinda like a pressed on muzzle device.. Is the barrel 14.5" + FH? Etheir way, if the barrel it accurate and eats even the crappy ammo like wolf, then I'd say keep it and have a good smith take that thing off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:08:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Re-bbl..  BM  did my upper in less than a week.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:29:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a BM like that.  It is the AK style brake, I believe it is pressed on.  There are no visible welds and the brake has no notches for screwing on and off and it has a really thick washer behind it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:34:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I went the rebarrel route on my stuff. I, for some reason, fealt it was worth it to have bayo lugs. I don't know why - I suppose I just want whatever pisses off the anti's the most. I didn't even care about a bayo lug until I was told I could no longer have one....
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:36:37 AM EDT
[#7]
We have several excellent gunsmiths here on arfcom, just send it and have whatever style flash hider installed, it will look 100% like factory new.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#8]
keep the same barrel and Put a flash hider on it
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:46:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry guys I know this has been asked a 100 times but I know I cant get a vortex/phantom put on it. Is Bushmaster the best place to send it (Its made by Bushmaster) and what flash hider should I ask for? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sorry guys I know this has been asked a 100 times but I know I cant get a vortex/phantom put on it. Is Bushmaster the best place to send it (Its made by Bushmaster) and what flash hider should I ask for? Thanks

And why do you think that you can't have a Vortex or Phantom installed?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:49:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I asked bushmaster about doing mine a few weeks ago.  They said that they wouldn't do it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Please explain why????

If that is a factory 14.5" BM barrel with the AK brake, you remove the AK brake, thread the end of the barrel, if needed, then permanently install a Phantom or Vortex.  Barrel length should be around 16.1" with either the Phantom or Vortex installed.

If you decide to rebarrel and want to sell the old barrel, send me an email/IM and I'll consider buying it off of you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I thought the barrel has to be 16 inches. I didnt think the vortex or phantom would make the overal barrel lenght 16 inches.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I thought the barrel has to be 16 inches. I didnt think the vortex or phantom would make the overal barrel lenght 16 inches.

You are correct, the OAL of the barrel must be 16" or longer  but this should not be a problem with your upper, when the old AK brake is removed there will be sufficient length to install a flash hider. In some cases where the barrel lenght falls short of 16" the flash hider must be permenantly affixed to the barrel so it becomes a permenant part of the OAL.

Check out www.adcofirearms.com and www.kurtskustomfirearms.com
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Keep it on unless you want to use a Supressor then I would change it. I love the look of it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Send it to Adco and have them put a Phantom on it. Only $85.00 that way (including the Phantom). A new barrel would be $200.00 or so.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#18]
If your old barrel shoots well, then just send it out and have a phantom or vortex permanently attached.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top