Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/5/2004 6:31:09 PM EDT
Well, cheap comparatively. Everything on this weapon was found on the EE and generally at a great price.

Anyway, here is my Tango Down Vert Grip, First Samco Light Mount, SF G-2 body, SF Z32 shock isolated bezel, Brightflashlight's pressure pad tailcap and an old assed inner tube! Works like a charm!

I am happier than a pig in shit! (Genuine Alabama Euphemism, TM.)

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
That's good sh'ite right there! What'd you save, about $300?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Light is good
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#3]
All of the light related stuff and vert grip was about $120... A bit more patience and shopping around could have trimmed a few more bucks but I am not one to delay gratification.

It works. I like it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Silly me, and I didn't think anyone from Alabama could spell "Euphemism".  Just kidding!  Don't come down here shootin' up the place.

Nice gun!  What's a Dango Down?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Silly me, and I didn't think anyone from Alabama could spell "Euphemism".  Just kidding!  Don't come down here shootin' up the place.

Nice gun!  What's a Dango Down?

1. Spell check.

2. Whoops!  LMAO!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I have nearly the same setup, but I used a M2 HA bezel.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the same light setup, and I LOVE it.  All I need is a good quad-rail to replace my Fobus M33s now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Copycat! Just kidding looks great!

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Looking good, and the EE is always a great place to find a bargain.

I'm curious as to why you put inner tube on the TD-   Did the pressure pad switch not fit the TD's groove?   I have a TD also but all my SureFires are "P" cap models.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:07:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Copycat! Just kidding looks great!

www.hunt101.com/img/140673.jpg

Nah, the questions I asked you were purely academic.  

Quoted:
Looking good, and the EE is always a great place to find a bargain.

I'm curious as to why you put inner tube on the TD-   Did the pressure pad switch not fit the TD's groove?   I have a TD also but all my SureFires are "P" cap models.  

Well, it fit inside the recess but it sure wasn't gonna stay. I assume the SF pads actually slide in better and fit securely?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:37:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Cool setup.  Do you not worry about the cord getting hung up on anything?  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#12]
FiveO,
I am in the process of doing a similar project. I was wondering if you remember the inner tube diameter that you used on the tango down? Just want to save myself a little trial and error.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#13]
anyone?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Actually, yes. I am gonna figure some way of securing it close to the rail panel... Perhaps some high tech duct tape if nothing else.

Quoted:
FiveO,
I am in the process of doing a similar project. I was wondering if you remember the inner tube diameter that you used on the tango down? Just want to save myself a little trial and error.
Thanks

I do not remember (it was left over from my granola fueled college mountain biking days) but the box is in the trash at home. I'll let you know. I warn you the damned thing was a BITCH to get on. You would think a mountain bike tube would be bigger but perhaps a road bike tube is thinner and more easily stretched?

Anyway I'll post it for ya.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Actually, yes. I am gonna figure some way of securing it close to the rail panel... Perhaps some high tech duct tape if nothing else.

Hint: Ranger Bands work very well for this application.  They are strips of inner tube (say from a bike) - kinda like fat thick black rubber bands.  They are secure, don't melt, can be repositions/removed at will, and don't leave a sticky residue behind.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Let there be light!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#17]
What?  No duct tape?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Skeeter it is a 26x1.75 A/V

Thanks for the comments, all.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is how I have my lights wire tucked away. A piece of rubber fuel line cut lengthwise, slid over the wire, then tucked under the rail panel. It pops right in there between the grip and the panel!

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is how I have my lights wire tucked away. A piece of rubber fuel line cut lengthwise, slid over the wire, then tucked under the rail panel. It pops right in there between the grip and the panel!

www.hunt101.com/img/150824.jpg

www.hunt101.com/img/150826.jpg

You 'da man! Gonna look into that!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I am in the process of adding a brightflashlights tape switch to my Surefire/vertical fore grip set up. I plan to run the wire inside the handgaurd.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I knew El Cheap-O, El Cheap-O was a friend of mine, and your set-ups ARE NOT El Cheap-O...

THIS IS EL CHEAP-O!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top