Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/2/2004 1:29:11 PM EDT
And to thoes of you that bought our pre-ban Colts and Bushmasters, and Mags """" NO REFUNDS"""" LOL,
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Me, too. [:D]

I sold off ALL of my pre-ban rifles last summer, not to mention at least 50 new high-caps for various rifles.

I did put all the funds into NFA though. That's something that stands a heck of a lot less chance of being revoked. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]
And I'm happy I bought my like new preban Colt, complete rifle, for $900 and I love my $12 Colt 20 round preban mags.

What do you think new nonban mags will sell for?  What will a nonban Colt sell for?

I can't wait to send my post ban ARS FAL Congo rifle to ARS for a real flash suppressor.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought my pre-ban's before there was a ban, so I didnt get reamed.

Plus, I just found out my Coal Valley Eagle Arms lowers were made by LMT [:D]
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#4]
The vote to renew did pass?
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, ONE MORE TIME""""" IT WAS KILLED""""""""

I just got in another case of new Hartfords Mags, to bring the total to 300 we have in stock. The day after the sunset, they'll go up on the boards $10 BUCKS each.

yes their all marked "LE" , but the day after the sunset that will have no LEGAL MEANING.

Link Posted: 3/2/2004 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The day after the sunset, they'll go up on the boards $10 BUCKS each.
View Quote

And 100 of them will probably be mine...[:D]
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]
WOW! last i heard the voted to renew the ban. i had no idea they would vote down the whole bill. Now about those magazines Larry......
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Got any new 20s?
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I will buy any preban colts $700, LOL
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Its no big deal guys, all new GI mags will be around 10 bucks each.

Link Posted: 3/2/2004 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

LMT?

I have a Coal Valley Preban Eagle Arms lower and it has some spec problems with the front pivot pin hole, not sure if it's enough to warrant sending it in after the ban is repealed.

Link Posted: 3/2/2004 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Is it possible that "post-bans" will become a collectors item?  Its like, "Hey, look at this gun from a 10 year period in our history where we couldn't have flash supressors and have to have these dumb compensators instead, and our buttstocks couldn't collapse, and we couldn't have this little knotch on the bottom of our barrel."  Any idea?

Brian
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm glad I didn't buy any pre-bans.  I did, however, buy some 6-pos stocks, threaded barrels, Vortex FHs, etc.  The demand for that stuff just went way up I believe.  Can't wait until September to collect everything from the parent's house and go to work on my rifles.
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is it possible that "post-bans" will become a collectors item?  Its like, "Hey, look at this gun from a 10 year period in our history where we couldn't have flash supressors and have to have these dumb compensators instead, and our buttstocks couldn't collapse, and we couldn't have this little knotch on the bottom of our barrel."  Any idea?

Brian
View Quote

I gotta say I SERIOUSLY doubt it [:)] Now to buy a scoping stock.
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I sold my pre bans 2 years ago and am currently sans any AR's. I am interested in a 6551 "pre ban" at a post ban price...anyone have one that they want to sell now at the new low prices that are coming? Tick tock, tick tock. Seriously, I hope some of the stealers at the shows really take up the ass. Fear was a huge reason the prices on these chunks of ten year old aluminum skyrocketed...now it will be reality that drives them down. Those who said this would not happen...I tend to think they are pre ban "rich". Oh well, when you bet on a bunch of losers this is what happens. Feinstein didn't win today...we did. Good times!

Kevin
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I really don't care all that much for the preban stuff (other than the collapsing stock) so I hope this will push the price of the post bans thru the floor.  I ain't too proud to pick up a few of them and outfit them the way I like.  Like many have said, I don't need a FS and a bayo lug (altho I'll fight to the death for the RIGHT to have them).

I have had more than one conversation with newbies at the range who realize that the post ban's aren't the least bit "less lethal" than the prebans.

Doc
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Four years ago I bought a preban out of panic.

Over the last year I started parting out the upper and traded off the lower.  I gained a little bit more in return which is nice, but whats more important is my gamble paid off!
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Larry -

Please explain.  I thought that the Senate voted in favor of extending it 52-47?  I am completely confused about something?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I bet all you guys that sold your pre-bans were sweating bullets today though. Glad to see its all over finally.
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#20]
They voted on the renewal ammendment attached to the "lawsuite bill" and it passed. Then they voted on the bill it self and it was killed. According to CNN the NRA was sending email to Senators on the floor asking them to kill it. They also interviewed Feinstein and she was pissed.
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I bet all you guys that sold your pre-bans were sweating bullets today though. Glad to see its all over finally.
View Quote

It's not over till September.
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

LMT?

I have a Coal Valley Preban Eagle Arms lower and it has some spec problems with the front pivot pin hole, not sure if it's enough to warrant sending it in after the ban is repealed.

View Quote

Yeah, talk to us lumpy. LMT? That would be cool [:D]

Elad, my CV eagle has a VERY tight magwell, haven't checked it with a caliper or anything, but I think it might be out of spec too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm so glad I DID NOT buy any pre-ban AR's. At one time I was considering a Bushmaster for like $2K [shock]

I'm SO glad I decided to wait.
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#24]
So, what that mean is that my OA93 price just got busted? Maybe I'll just buy another... or a new preban config rifle!
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I guess you guys invested in the wrong pre-bans.
My mint condition Yugo  RPK-47 is still going up in value, and after the ban will continue to do so, especially since no more can ever be imported into the US, and thanks to Clinton, they wont be making anymore antime soon anyway(he bombed the factory).  
So while you thnk there wont be anothe ban, you better start attending town meetings, faxing, writing, and phonig your reps now.  Their already trying to work up the next set of bans.
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Larry -

Please explain.  I thought that the Senate voted in favor of extending it 52-47?  I am completely confused about something?  Thanks!
View Quote

The Senate voted 52-47 in favor of attaching the AWB extension (another 10 years) to S. 1805 (the so-called "Gun Liability Bill").  They also voted in favor of attaching a bill to close the so-called "gunshow loophole", as well as a host of other crap.  Senator Craig then got on the floor of the Senate, and advised everyone to vote against S.1805 (the entire bill, AND amendments attached to it).  He said that it was a good piece of legislation, that had been turned into a monster with all the amendments.

The Senate then voted 90-8 AGAINST approving the bill.  S.1805, and all its amendments, died right there.  Good news, the AWB and "gunshow loophole" didn't get thru (this time anyway).  Bad news:  the truly GOOD legislation to protect gun manufacturers and sellers from junk lawsuits got shot down too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I only bought one preban after the ban, so I'm good to go.  However, as mikepenn33 said, it's not September yet.  I think it's too early to start celebrating.  I sure hope no other new legislation is enacted.  If that happens, I'll be resurrecting this thread and asking how all the sellers feel if that happens...
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I only bought one preban after the ban, so I'm good to go.  However, as mikepenn33 said, it's not September yet.  I think it's too early to start celebrating.  I sure hope no other new legislation is enacted.  If that happens, I'll be resurrecting this thread and asking how all the sellers feel if that happens...
View Quote

TRUE!!!  It ain't over until September.  Don't rest now!
Link Posted: 3/2/2004 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#29]
For a guy like me, who started shooting during the ban, I never really got to experience anything pre-ban.  Can't wait to be able to add some of the good stuff to my rifles.

Certain rifles I really don't care enough about to mess with adding a flash-hider, but my Bushy M4A3 and 20' H-Bar will certainly be recieving some flash-hiders.

Just keep fighting.  Anything is possible.
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 2:50:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

LMT?

View Quote

Yeah, talk to us lumpy. LMT? That would be cool [:D]

Elad, my CV eagle has a VERY tight magwell, haven't checked it with a caliper or anything, but I think it might be out of spec too.
View Quote

I've had no problems with the magwell, it's just the front pivot pin hole seems to be slightly out of alignment. Not really a problem just adds a little more tension then I'd like when pushing the front pivot pin back through. I can still do it with just my hands.

I'm still curious to what LMT is though.
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 3:27:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

No, actually, it IS over, at least until next year's legislative session. That, comes AFTER 9/13/04, thus the ban [b]will[/b] die in September.

If enough people vote Repubs in to the Senate and House, it's probably dead forever. If the Dems win control, especially if they get the Congress AND the White House back, expect a new more restrictive ban to be introduced.
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 3:49:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Good for you!  I'm happy I didn't buy any.......now watch.

Tj
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 4:56:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's NEVER over!

Just because the ban might die in September doesn't mean some jackass like Kerry might come along next year and push for a new one.
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 5:11:10 AM EDT
[#34]
It is hilarious to watch the for sale boards right now for all the panicked pre-ban sales. Some people still think these guns are worth $1500+.

I guess they didn't get the memo.
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 5:17:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It is hilarious to watch the for sale boards right now for all the panicked pre-ban sales. Some people still think these guns are worth $1500+.

I guess they didn't get the memo.
View Quote

Thats really a subjective item, price that is. Some states have a STATE AWB that mimics the FED ban in all respects EXCEPT -- IT NEVER SUNSETS....In those states ONLY prebans made BEFORE the current ban will be legal. The new crop of guns with preban features that are going to be available in Sept will NOT be EVER available in those states. THUS your statement about value is really inaccurate because if a person in one of those states wants a preban gun it MUST be a preban currently .
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 6:22:08 AM EDT
[#36]
i live in a state that has its own ban. so its not going away till i  do.i would imagine it will be difficult to enforce.

this is not over yet and probably the next time theres dems in office and something bad happens this will come up all over again.it seems even a few republicans dont have a problem with a ban so im figuring another  few years and it will be tried again
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Glad I didn't sell my Preban..... :)    Actually I bought it ( Colt A2 HBAR ) in 1986 .It has a slick side lower. I got it shortly after I joined the ARMY. $600 out the door Brand new. My favorite rifle. Been offered $1500 in years past. But never could give her up. :) My Baby........ WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 6:40:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm still curious to what LMT is though.
View Quote

Lewis Machine & Tool perhaps?
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Well I`ll tell ya`ll what I didn`t sell any prebans and I was still sweating bullets. And even if I could predict the future and I saw the ban would died I still wouldn`t sell them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 7:57:10 AM EDT
[#40]
[size=3][b]Not as glad as I am that I didn't buy your overpriced secondhand junk!!! [:D][/b][size=3]

Colt SP1s: $1,250 as a good deal
Colt Other: $1,500+
Colt Lowers: $950+ (+ that stupid debate about preban status!)
Oly POS M4 Prebans: $1,300+
EA Super POS: $1,000

2001 Brused USGI: $20-25
2001 NIW USGI: $30-50

[lol] [rofl] [rofl2]

So how many [u]new[/u] lowers can I buy with all the money I didn't waste...
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#41]
OK SMART GUY, LETS PLAY WITH SOME NUMBERS:

JUST COLT RIGHT NOW:

New Colt M4 LE's are $900 something,

New Colt Mags , i dont know, dont sale them.

New GI Mags are around $7 to $10 ea.

These prices should hold until the normal yearly price increase.

Well smart guy, you will never get what you play for that old crap, WHY WOULD SOME ONE GIVE YOU $1,200 A LARGE HOLE PINNED LOWER AR,
WHEN AFTER SEPT THEY CAN WALK INTO ANY GUN SHOP AND BUY A NEW COLT, NO PINNED LOWER, SMALL HOLE, FLASH HIDER, BAYO LUG, (M4 or TACTAL CARBINE) SLIDINDG STOCK FOR AROUND $9 TO A GRAND.

NO ONE, [LOL]  [LOL]

GIVE ME A BRAKE!!!![nana]  [nana]  [nana]

Link Posted: 3/3/2004 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OK SMART GUY, LETS PLAY WITH SOME NUMBERS:

JUST COLT RIGHT NOW:

New Colt M4 LE's are $900 something,

New Colt Mags , i dont know, dont sale them.

New GI Mags are around $7 to $10 ea.

These prices should hold until the normal yearly price increase.

Well smart guy, you will never get what you play for that old crap, WHY WOULD SOME ONE GIVE YOU $1,200 A LARGE HOLE PINNED LOWER AR,
WHEN AFTER SEPT THEY CAN WALK INTO ANY GUN SHOP AND BUY A NEW COLT, NO PINNED LOWER, SMALL HOLE, FLASH HIDER, BAYO LUG, (M4 or TACTAL CARBINE) SLIDINDG STOCK FOR AROUND $9 TO A GRAND.

NO ONE, [LOL]  [LOL]

GIVE ME A BRAKE!!!![nana]  [nana]  [nana]

View Quote

You Hope...... There's nothing saying that Colt or anyone else for that matter wont charge $1100 or more for a "No Ban".  I like my prebans they offer a bit of history for me. It's never been about value. If the gun companys keep getting sued I think the price of a new rifle will go up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#43]
I will not sleep better until the law has actually expired. The irrational hatred of Schumer/Boxer/Feinstein et al is just too great for them not to try again.

I have two AR's, post-ban RRA's, and I love them dearly. I don't really care about the pre-post thing too much, except for a collpasible buttstock on my M4. That being said, I'll be soooooo glad not to have to worry about "does it have bayo lug/is the 30 round magazine stamped a pre-ban/$30 NIW mags/blah, blah, blah." What a bunch of crap...
Link Posted: 3/3/2004 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Some folks just like "shooters"  some like "collectors".....I like both.

I have $900 in a NIB Colt Gov CAR and $900 in a Minty SP1 CAR.

I did not get hurt by a long shot

BUT.......who here thinks Colt will make another "AR-15" marked lower for DIRECT NON LEO consumption?

Yes I bet they will continue with the "LE Only" line of A3s and GOV CARs.  YES a mere citizen can possess but probably not by DIRECT sale,  only grey market (FFL/individual LEO etc....)

I love my Colts and will continue to purchase all I can........just at even better prices now.

8^)

Biggame223

Out

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top