Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:28:09 PM EDT
...looking for AR accessories, ammo and other stuff. Half way into the day, I see this guy walking around, holding a sign (Maker-writing on notebook paper) in front of himself. The sign read: "I sell ammmo .223 7.62 .308 etc."
I ask him about what type of .223 it was, and he rambled on about how it was (get this) hollow-point, steel case, military surplus. I tried not to laugh, thanked him, and went on my ways.
A bit later on I spotted a really nice 12ga H&K FB6 shotgun with a carbon-fiber style finish. I handled it for a bit, and the SECOND I tell the stand owner that I wanted it, the ammo-dude was RIGHT behind me, asking if i wanted to buy ammo for it! I hadn't even done any paperwork what-so-ever yet! This time it was "quality" wolf 00 buckshot. And once again, during his entire sales-pitch, he maintained the sign in front of him...I've gotta admit, quite the salesperson...

To try keep this on focused on AR-15's, I've had my first oppertunity to lay hands on a Bushmaster M17. I've never held one, nor seen one (in real life) before, and I've got to admit, it was truely amazing. Perfect balance, and unbelievably short for a 21.5" barrel. The Iron-sights sucked (pistol grade), but the rest of it was awesome. I specially like how they've almost completely concealed the charging handle. This is most certainly the next firearm I'll be getting! I've even been considering going back to trade my Stainless Steel barrel Bushy for it, but naw....what could possibly be wrong with having another gun in my collection? It's just money anyways, so F*ck it!
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The reviews I have read on the M17S are quite good in general, describes as very accurate and a fun rifle. For the price, it really is tempting. I also wonder how long it will be before bullpups will be banned - another incentive to get one!
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
...I also wonder how long it will be before bullpups will be banned...
View Quote

Don't say that man, the thought acctually depresses me!

Any reliablity issues? Does anyone know if they are near the reliablity for AR15s? Afterally, they pretty much are an AR with the exception of a few minor details.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
A firend of mine is saving up for one..he did a lot of research..here is a good review:

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/april.htm

Apparently there were some issues with the preban M17s trigger groups, but they are supposedly resolved with the current model.

Actually the action is based on the Armalite AR18/180 more then the AR15/M16. It uses a gas piston rather than a gas driven bolt carrier like the AR15, preferable in my opinion.
You should check out the ones in Kurt's photo gallery on his website

http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/42606.htm

I'm not trying to plug his business, but he turns them into real Close Quarters Combat rifles - very nice work.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top