Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2002 8:53:22 AM EDT
Go and pick up the newest issue of Gunworld magazine. They have a good article on the new upper from Alexander Arms made in this crusher caliber.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up- Ran down to the local store but can't find the mag. I'll keep looking-This is the Sept issue yes?
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#2]
It's in the Oct issue.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like ot hear from someone that is shooting one of these. A shop close to me has an upper for sale for $500. This is a very interesting option for me. ANyone tried these.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 6:38:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I concur.  Very good article.  David Fortier's stuff is always entertaining.  His .50 Beowulf piece in Gun World is a good read.  

The .50 Beowulf is going head-to-head against the Mini-.50 by Leitner-Wise.  I wrote a short heads-up type piece about the Mini-.50 on my site(www.defensereview.com).  The direct link to the full story is: www.defensereview.com/article.php?sid=240&mode=thread&order=0.  A .50 cal AR is a great concept.  I just wish the capacity were higher.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I *should* be receiving my Leitner-Wise Mini-50 any day now.  I will post a range report as soon as I can get that sucker to the range.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#6]
What I fail to understand is why cops suddenly think they need this sort of firepower.  What are we building up for in this country?

Or is this just another in the long line of marketing gear towards public agencies who spend, spend, spend because the taxpayers never say enough is enough?
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#7]
As I understand it, these rifles are intended as short range CQB weapons, in other words the amount of collateral damage is limited as opposed to a 308 or 50 BMG.  If you read some of the reports, the Mini-50 does the same damage as a 50 BMG up to 250 yards.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought the 50 Beowulf upper today at the gunshow in Springfield MA. It fits snuggly on a Oly lower and I expect to get some range time with it by Thursday I will let folks know how it goes

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top