Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2011 11:42:07 PM EDT
Anyone have any recommendations on an automatic trap thrower? We have a manual model but we're sick of fighting with it and breaking clays all the time. Spend more time adjusting it than actually practicing our bird shooting.

I've seen the Do-All White Wing and Champion EasyBird for around $300, anyone have any experience with either of these? Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/23/2011 2:36:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Do-all, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.  Nice idea, nice price, but its a piece of crap.  I bought one 4 years ago, and to Do-all's credit they've replaced it 3 times under warranty, but I've given up on it.  It eats batteries, and the motor takes a crap often.  I have 3 of the Do-all Professional 3/4 cock seated throwers, and love them, but they should have built the automatic a little better, then they might have had something.  

I can however, strongly recommend an Atlas AT-50 - this thing rocks!  Great battery life, throws a consistent bird, never breaks down.  When you put the 2 side by side, you can see the difference.  I'm probably going for the turret model next - the AT-250.
Link Posted: 11/23/2011 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks RobRat. Just didn't a little more research and you're thoughts on the Do-All seem to be consistent with what I'm reading. It's probably not a good thing when everybody is commenting on how good the customer service is at replacing the things!

What's the price on the AT-50 run?

Anyone ever use one of the Champion EasyBirds?
Link Posted: 11/23/2011 7:30:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had a Champion Easy Bird for a couple of years now........

I'm really happy with it for the price.
Link Posted: 11/23/2011 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I forgot to ad that it does usually break a couple of clay pigeons when you first load it, so it works best if you don't let it run completely out before refilling the stack.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Trius One Step....or spend $1200 and have very limited presentations and a bunch of toxic litter on your property.  

Smart money joins a club with a 5 stand, trap / skeet, and sporting clays range.  Go often, shoot regularly, get involved, volunteer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top