Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2008 8:49:31 PM EDT
Hey, this movie came out last Friday and I haven't seen a review yet? Anyone been to see it yet? Please no spoilers but what did you think, worth the bucks?
Link Posted: 3/20/2008 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, but one thing is for sure; it will be one hell of an essential survival guide.

Seriously, it looks like another one of those comic book movies with a super powerful 95 lb woman (Resident Evil, those vampire movies, ect). One can expect horribly unrealistic everything.  It's not really my thing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2008 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought the trailer I saw looked "Mad Maxish", certainly not a survival guide but seemed to fit the current post-apocalyptic theme of late... More interesting than the typical gangster style action films that we usually have to choose from?
Link Posted: 3/20/2008 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The movie is good.

There are no zombies.

Modern form of the plauge breaks out in Scotland.  England rebuilds hadrians wall and seals them off - leaving them to die, after telling folks to wait for rescue in their homes.

International outrage over the fact that no resuce attempts were made means the UK is embargoed.  This leads to a totalitarian government forming over the next 25 years.

The plague breaks out again in London 25 years later.  The government sends a team in because there is evidence of survivors in the quarantine zone - there must be a cure right?  They need a cure before London becomes infected...

Well those survivors have formed into two camps.  The mad max camp in the cities and the medevil knights and shit camp hold up in some castle.

Combat ensues.

Good flick.

Vektor CR-21 pron.

View it in the same vein as Mad Max, or Cobra or something, and it is a great film.  Looking for a serious semi-beliveable plot and you'll be mad.

Check your cranium at the door and enjoy.

And the lead chick is fucking hot.

Carry on.

Worth the matinee price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top