Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2012 9:22:48 AM EDT
#21A

NB:  The picture below shows #21 but it's listed under #21A.

Are these at all interchangeable?

Link Posted: 10/28/2012 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, but I buy the ones with the metal clips instead of the string ties.
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Same thing. It's just the way they do their numbers. As far as I know, there are only 4 types of mantles, and those come in string and clip on.
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#3]
if you notice.. one bag is for 2 mantles... the other is a pack of 4... probably a way of differentiating warehouse & stock
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Thanks guys, that makes sense.  21 = 2 mantles and 21A = 4 mantle.  

It would be nice if I had it all standardized, but I have 4 types of Coleman lanterns:  #20, #21, Northstar and #11 kerosene lanterns.  So I need to make sure I have extras for all of them.  Unfortunately, stores around here only carry one type.
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks guys, that makes sense. 21 = 2 mantles and 21A = 4 mantle.  

It would be nice if I had it all standardized, but I have 4 types of Coleman lanterns:  #20, #21, Northstar and #11 kerosene lanterns.  So I need to make sure I have extras for all of them.  Unfortunately, stores around here only carry one type.

I think not.
I have packs of both those mantles and the 2-pack is labelled 21A102 and the 4-pack is 21A104
and both packs are listed as #21 mantles.
The photos you posted are marked the same.

Just like my Coleman #51 mantle package is marked 51A104

ETA: I believe the coleman 21A mantles were also marked silk-lite and contained thorium.
(Which is, of course a no-no now.)
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think not.
I have packs of both those mantles and the 2-pack is labelled 21A102 and the 4-pack is 21A104

ETA: I believe the coleman 21A mantles were also marked silk-lite and contained thorium.

So are you saying that there are #21 and #21A mantles ie they are for two types of lanterns?
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#7]
U
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think not.

So are you saying that there are #21 and #21A mantles ie they are for two types of lanterns?

No, I am pointing out that the mantles you posted pictures of are #21, just as is tprinted on the package.
I don't think you can buy #21A mantles anymore, the only actual 21A mantles I have seen are vintage and I am pretty sure they contained thorium and they do not make them anymore.
ETA:
They both fit the same lanterns.
Coleman part# for the 21A was: 21A3101
This has been replaced with the part numbers you posted.

Link Posted: 11/1/2012 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
U
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think not.

No, I am pointing out that the mantles you posted pictures of are #21, just as is tprinted on the package.
I don't think you can buy #21A mantles anymore, the only actual 21A mantles I have seen are vintage and I am pretty sure they contained thorium and they do not make them anymore.
ETA:
They both fit the same lanterns.
Coleman part# for the 21A was: 21A3101
This has been replaced with the part numbers you posted.

Thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top