Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/6/2010 5:50:54 AM EDT
I go there every now and then and it seems to have disappeared. any info?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:55:49 AM EDT
[#1]
blocked from my service so I don't know
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:58:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I noticed they were down this morning too.  Part of my AM surfing line-up. Bummer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:04:12 AM EDT
[#3]
(snarky reply deleted by me)
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:08:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I only know about them from some of the rants here
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:11:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Been over there a few times.  Never liked it as much as the SF forum.  You get better discussion/varying viewpoints here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:21:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep. Still down. I post a lot less frequently than I used to over there. But still check it often. Look's like John didn't pay the bill.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#7]
was wondering what was up also. Have a trade deal in the works on the exchange over there...glad I got the guys email addy
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't been there in years.  They do the credit for helping me start my preps.  I moved over here and don't go back much.  SF here is more user friendly area.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I was one of the original members, and was banned for pretty much no reason at all.  

The owner has "issues".

...but that is really old news.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#10]
They are doing some maintenance right now. Keep checking back.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#11]
my only comment is

no comment
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:07:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I was surprised to see it down today as well. I go there almost exclusively to read the survival/PAW fiction. Some of the continuing stories are almost as addictive as soap operas - not that I've ever watched a soap opera.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was surprised to see it down today as well. I go there almost exclusively to read the survival/PAW fiction. Some of the continuing stories are almost as addictive as soap operas - not that I've ever watched a soap opera.

Yeah, they have had some good stories over there.  I'd like to read Kathy in Fl new stuff - she has some good ideas on recipes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Same here. It seems the fiction dept. has been taken over by one guy that cranks out a story a day.

Still, I enjoy the Archives for some of the better SHTF stories.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I posted there last night for the first time in a long time. Now I can learn about Martha Stewart.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here. It seems the fiction dept. has been taken over by one guy that cranks out a story a day.
Still, I enjoy the Archives for some of the better SHTF stories.

Yeah but they are all essentially the same story from him.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Absolutely, they are almost exactly the same.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I think some of the refugees started an alternate site called Mrs. Survival  Site is a lot heavier in estrogen than testosterone, but has a bunch of good and valid stuff regardless of your dangly bits or lack thereof.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was one of the original members, and was banned for pretty much no reason at all.  

The owner has "issues".

Me too. I tried to sign on and got a banned for life kinda notice. ???????????????? They had a lot of bible thumping going on before i got banned so maybe Im not Christian enuff. Oh well.
maybe they found out my Wife and kids are Jewish!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I go there every now and then and it seems to have disappeared. any info?

Try this
http://216.92.99.185/vb/index.php

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Expiration date: 2010-09-05

Someone didn't renew their domain.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The owner has "issues".

Issues, you mean like as in the type of issues that you got to kiss John and Wendy Mae's asses constantly, spend all of your $$$ on their overpriced survival stuff exclusively, not to mention being the praying-est, bible-thumping-est Christian-est member? No thanks. Blind leading the blinded by faith over there.

Me likes you guys a lot better.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The owner has "issues".

Issues, you mean like as in the type of issues that you got to kiss John and Wendy Mae's asses constantly, spend all of your $$$ on their overpriced survival stuff exclusively, not to mention being the praying-est, bible-thumping-est Christian-est member? No thanks. Blind leading the blinded by faith over there.

I been lurking here almost a year...signed on as a member in July and paid my dues for the club membership 2 days ago. I really like this site. Lots of down to earth, tin-foil-hat-wearing, gun-toting, crazies...like me! Ya'll constantly keep me informed, laughing, and shaking my head. Keep it up! Glad to be a part of the 'hive' and I hope I can bring something to the table that may benefit someone at least a little.

-Joe-
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The owner has "issues".

this plus one.

I was banned for linking to another vendor (in a forum post) that had cheaper mylar.

I switched internet carries awhile back, but have not been back to that site since.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I like to think its a little divine kick-in-pants.....

No doubt when they get it back up they'll claim it was persecution of them for their wholesome beliefs by the homosexuals, Catholics, Muslims, athiests, heavy metal fans and everyone else they've managed to marginalize over the years.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Just type in the IP addy posted earlier.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The owner has "issues".

I been lurking here almost a year...signed on as a member in July and paid my dues for the club membership 2 days ago. I really like this site. Lots of down to earth, tin-foil-hat-wearing, gun-toting, crazies...like me! Ya'll constantly keep me informed, laughing, and shaking my head. Keep it up! Glad to be a part of the 'hive' and I hope I can bring something to the table that may benefit someone at least a little.

-Joe-

Everybody knows how to do something... you'll find your niche.

And this place is indeed a wealth of information.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just type in the IP addy posted earlier.

Yep, looks like their domain wasn't renewed, so DNS points to a parked page instead of the IP of the website proper.

According to the domain whois it expired at midnight yesterday.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#29]

If you hate a forum dont go back......pretty simple concept if you ask me.

though im sure some of yalls maginas are flowing like the mississippi right about now.....

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I liked the site. There did seem to be quite a bit of paranoia there though
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Posted there a bit in my early days on the net. Started spending most of my time here and left about the time the great Catholic purge started. Since I haven't posted in awhile I see I'm banned now.  

Such a great loss.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Whackjobbery does not a web admin make.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Try this
http://216.92.99.185/vb/index.php

Thank you for the link.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Found this in my spam folder a little while ago, from "Crazy Eights" John apparently...

The domain name frugalsquirrels.com is currently down which includes Frugal's Forum and Frugal's Store. The Frugal Forums team is investigating the reason for the problem and we appreciate your patience as we endeavor to resolve the matter.

For the time being you may access the forum by visiting http://216.92.99.185/vb/

We will keep you informed of our progress.

May the Lord richly Bless you,

John

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#35]
tag
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:27:23 PM EDT
[#36]
I was a member of Frugal for a while.  I liked some of the content,  It was a bit more "homesteady" that here,  but there was just too much religion, rapture bullshit for me. And it turned me off.

This forum is kinda heavy on the fantasy scenarios and tacticool gear for me sometimes, but other things balance that out okay,

I'd still like to find a nice "realistically paranoid family man" site, but yall will just have to do
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:43:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks like they fell for the "Domain Registry of Email" URGENT domain renewal scam.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:04:08 AM EDT
[#38]
I like Frugals, and have been visiting there for many years.  I was there long before John M. bought it.

There are some very good folks there, and like me, a number also post here.  

If y'all don't like the religious aspect of that site, just don't hang in the "Christian Fellowship" area.  There is just too much good info on the forum to disregard it, based on your religious beliefs.  Most of us are not Mormons either,  but we follow their guidelines on prepping, right?

I'll say one thing, the level of maturity there is vastly greater than it is on ARFCOM.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:58:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Frugal's has its place as a site worth browsing. I keep my head low, as I am there to read and learn, not argue. I particularly enjoy their fiction section ( both in process, and completed works).
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:18:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The owner has "issues".

Me too, when the site changed hands I asked a few questions and was placed on moderation
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I like Frugals, and have been visiting there for many years.  I was there long before John M. bought it.

There are some very good folks there, and like me, a number also post here.  

If y'all don't like the religious aspect of that site, just don't hang in the "Christian Fellowship" area.  There is just too much good info on the forum to disregard it, based on your religious beliefs.  Most of us are not Mormons either,  but we follow their guidelines on prepping, right?

I'll say one thing, the level of maturity there is vastly greater than it is on ARFCOM.  

I agree with this.  I've never had any problems with the owner or the mods.  Good site, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I have been banned 4 times from that site.  I wait a month or two and register again and get accepted.  Now I just keep my head down and rarely post.  Lot of good info on that site.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#43]
i used to be on there waaay back, but haven;;t been back since their server crashed and lost my account.

nice, a preparedness site that doesn't have the foresight to back shit up! WTF?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#44]
I used to visit Frugals.  I classify them as absolute moonbats.  I don't recall seeing any information in that sight that couldn't be found elsewhere on the net.  In fact, I wouldn't trust anything on that site to be accurate.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Frugal Squirrels is a waste a of time. I used go to that site just for the fiction stories, but one day they kicked me off for no reason. I haven't been back since. Tom Sherry the author of Deep Winter, Shatter, & Remnants had a terrible time over there. If you haven't been there, you haven't missed much.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#46]
I have been banned twice, once when that new owner took it over and later for something so dumb i dont even remember.

Oh ya it was for cutting and pasting a post there to a different forum, he didn't like that at all, either your with frugal, or your against frugal!

Darn kind of lighting my fire all over again.

I used to go to survival boards allot, but so much crap about AKvsAR, and just jack ass people that i dont go there that much.

Now I stick to smaller local forums that cover my needs and I read here but dont post all that often.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:06:21 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I used to visit Frugals. I classify them as absolute moonbats. I don't recall seeing any information in that sight that couldn't be found elsewhere on the net. In fact, I wouldn't trust anything on that site to be accurate.

IMHO....this thread has went to a "where did a web site go " to " lets beat a dead horse..."

We dont do forum wars here.... this should be locked

eta: removed my rant-wasnt sf related.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:36:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

eta: removed my rant-wasnt sf related.

Aww missed the rant by 11 minutes
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:02:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The owner has "issues".

this
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top